Why Halo 4's multiplayer is the WORST yet

#221AyumiSqueezetoyPosted 11/12/2012 10:25:20 AM
maximo posted...
I have spent quite a bit of energy complaining about this game, specifically the MP.

Since then I have spent more time with it and have to say that I was wrong.

Anyone here complaining about this game maybe hasn't given it the chance it deserves.

After spending considerably more time playing I have to say that it is a complete blast I absolutely love it.

One word: Supressor :)

Not only is it good to hear you're enjoying the game more now, but it's so refreshing to see someone say that they're wrong rather than disappear or stubbornly stick to their guns. Thanks for improving my faith in gamefaqs :)
---
Nov 6 - the Reclamation Begins!
Halo 4 - less than one week =O (nvm, got it >_> )
#222vptwarriorPosted 11/14/2012 12:11:45 PM
1) Loadouts segregate player base and negate player skill

That doesn't make sense, if your good that the game you can kill the enemy with any weapon, its better to be able to choose weapons you like and are good at than forced to chose a loadout you hate, for example i have a loudout with a DMR and Energy Pistol because i need long range defense and go after vehicles a lot, espcially ghosts and mantis's, plus i hate the BR so i don't ever what to get stuck with it when i need a different secondary weapon. I'd rather be able to chose what weapons and armor abilites i have than be stuck with bad ones. If your losing battles often you just suck and didn't plan ahead. I mean if your gonna have a long range weapon, have a short range weapon to compensate for it like the boltshot or magnum

2) Grenades are nerfed

that doesn't stop people from killing each other, people still throw grenades like mad anyways, they don't care, as long as they get a kill. though they are too small for a grenade i will agree with that

3) Skill is nerfed

maybe you just suck at the game now, video games are all about skill and luck, you plan for this type of stuff with your loadouts as well, gonna be a long range sniper, keep a boltshot on you. also it really doesn't matter if you have the better gun or not because i have lost many fights with the SAW against someone with an AR, BR, DMR, StR. C and other weapons, you just need to be accurate and chose weapons wisely, thats what loudouts are for

4) Vehicles are nerfed

i slightly agree but the down side was they were inviniable, in reach ghost users were feared less because of the lovely armor lock which could easily protect you compared to other games were you were just screwed, vehicles are now stronger to compensate for this as well, annoyingly stronger sometimes. i hate that guy in the ghost

5) Ordnance system promotes camping

do you know how ordance works, the only campers who would get ordnance are snipers, otherwise you have to find people to kill to get ordinance. Its better to have person ordince than to team kill for weapons like in other games resulting in booting often. plus it keeps people from camping because no one knows where weapons will spawn.

6) Armor choices are ridiculous

can't really argue with this, they suck for the most part, the only armor i liked was in reach, because the halo 3 armor looked like they were wearing freaking bright pajamas

7) Unlock system is ridiculous

I understand this as well, its annoying to have to kill 32,000 enemys to get the armor you want, its pure bull, also if you don't have live, you can barely unlock half of them as well which is really messed up.

For the most part i like this game, gonna miss armor lock for big team battle though for vehicle offense, other wise that ability was useless. Also anyone know if they are gonna make a bigger forge map like forge world
#223xiTz_RyaNxPosted 11/14/2012 12:13:05 PM
I stopped reading when you used segregate to describe a load out.
---
Saying I'm one of the best is just rude. All the people who don't agree look stupid then, and I don't want to make everyone feel stupid. (GT)- GotMyProSocksOn
#224moodyjm2Posted 11/14/2012 12:14:19 PM
Excellent points. Unfortunately no longer being a Halo God is not grounds for MP sucking.
---
GT: DragonSoundxSG
"This is a rock and roll takeover, living each day one night at a time."
#225ShichikaPosted 11/14/2012 12:16:16 PM
made me laugh that you unlocked the DMR first thinking it would be the best (which atm it is the most OP starting rifle) then you complain about your own choice.

P.S. stop complaining bout the multiplayer just bc it isn't suited "towards you" the majority like it which is what they were going for and not some small player base who likes it one way and they want to complain bc it changed or tried something new.
---
Just a lost raven looking for a flock.
#226Allen_HoodPosted 11/14/2012 12:20:16 PM
All these 40 year olds look back at 2001 when they were 28-29 years old with no kids and nothing better to do. Now there life sucks and your never getting that satisfactory feeling back while your Gamen freely suck to be you. I wanna break that whole piece down but it's to much enoki bithching old man.
#227maximoPosted 11/14/2012 8:00:03 PM
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...
maximo posted...
I have spent quite a bit of energy complaining about this game, specifically the MP.

Anyone here complaining about this game maybe hasn't given it the chance it deserves.

After spending considerably more time playing I have to say that it is a complete blast I absolutely love it.

Not only is it good to hear you're enjoying the game more now, but it's so refreshing to see someone say that they're wrong rather than disappear or stubbornly stick to their guns. Thanks for improving my faith in gamefaqs :)

TBH with you I should have kept my mouth shut until I had played a while.

The MP really opens up the more you play and I am slowly but surely improving. I'm loving it!
#228CharityDiary(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 8:03:12 PM
maximo posted...
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...
maximo posted...

TBH with you I should have kept my mouth shut until I had played a while.

The MP really opens up the more you play and I am slowly but surely improving. I'm loving it!

I'm the opposite. The more I play the multiplayer, the more close-minded and trivial it becomes; the more I see that it's just pretending to innovate, but it's really just a facade; the more I see that skill isn't as much of a factor anymore with random ordnance drops and such.

I just hate it the more I play it.
#229thedeerzordPosted 11/14/2012 8:06:34 PM
I stopped reading when you said ordnance drops promotes camping. This is just a troll thread I believe. I have not seen a camper yet in Halo 4.
---
I'm going to declare independence from the U.S. Then I'm going to shoot myself. Creating the shortest civil war in the history of man kind.
#230ShineGamerPosted 11/14/2012 8:12:43 PM
I disagree with everything said.
---
"Actually, there was this one time...I grabbed the wrong whammy bar and deployed star power a bit too early. I stained the rug with my x8 multiplier."