Why Halo 4's multiplayer is the WORST yet

#31Arok2092Posted 11/7/2012 6:03:00 PM
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...
CharityDiary posted...
But the game has already reached the point where player skill is NEGATED.

I see it all the time. Two people will shoot at each other simultaneously, neither person missing, and the person will the BETTER WEAPON or FASTER HIT REGISTRATION will win. NOT the person with better skill.

if 2 people are shooting at each other, and one dies first, then that doesn't really sound like *skill* to me. Skill would be finding the best way to use your favourite weapons, and get kills with that. That may not necessarily mean standing in front of each other shooting until one drops.

I'm a team player, so I prefer the storm rifle (lol to most people)... I melt some shields and book, and my teammate gets an easy kill. I don't get a lot of kills, but I get a lot of assists. I would put that down as something of a skill... not just standing in front of someone with a BR and complaing that the storm rifle sucks.

Well said.
---
Henshin-a-go-go baby!
#32KoruKinshiPosted 11/7/2012 6:06:11 PM
All I'm hearing is a *LOT* of "eSports" salt.

It's a fun, very entertaining game with a great story. I actually do enjoy the level up system and the load out idea. Somewhat similar to CoD, but obviously different and based in the Halo universe, so the weapons are different, gameplay is different, etc.

It's a nice refresh on the MP system. Also personally, I really can't stand CoD anymore. I don't like the setting anymore, I'm over real weapons and real scenarios. I go to shooting ranges to shoot actual weapons. With Halo, I can use, fire and engage in combat with different, unique looking weapons with a different type of system altogether. Hence why I don't understand why people play SWAT. You might as well go play CoD at that point. That's all it is, practically.

In addition, I REALLY like the idea of blending the universe, campaign and multiplayer all in one. It really gives it a new, more in-depth feel.

Now if all of you are griping about weapons and balancing out for newbies/scrubs/etc...guess what. YOU ARE NOT IMPORTANT TO ANY COMPANY NOWADAYS. The dollar is what's important. Make it balanced for all skill levels - Get paid. Simply how it works. And if it *REALLY* is a problem, I'm sure 343 will patch it up along the way. Give them a break. It's their first game, even with Frank O'Connor at the helm.

Just enjoy it, or go play Madden 2552 to try and win a million bucks in a tournament to feel accomplished and hardcore.
---
Tatsunoko Friend Code: 3867-9432-2376/Koru
#33Urdnot_RuntPosted 11/7/2012 6:07:09 PM
OP, you do know you can edit your loadouts at any time during the game right?
#34CharityDiary(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 6:07:26 PM
KoruKinshi posted...
YOU ARE NOT IMPORTANT TO ANY COMPANY NOWADAYS. The dollar is what's important. Make it balanced for all skill levels - Get paid.

If I'm not important to the company, then they won't get my money anymore. It's that simple.
#35Hazmat963Posted 11/7/2012 6:07:29 PM
CharityDiary posted...
CharityDiary posted...
translation:
I lost. I am the most skilled person ever so the game is clearly broken.

Translation:

I can't read, or am too lazy to read, so I will insult this person who's intelligence is superior to mine with the only insult I know.

You keep saying there's no skill involved, but no one's developed true Halo 4 skills yet.

But the game has already reached the point where player skill is NEGATED.

I see it all the time. Two people will shoot at each other simultaneously, neither person missing, and the person will the BETTER WEAPON or FASTER HIT REGISTRATION will win. NOT the person with better skill.

So if weapons don't factor in... Are you telling me you can kill people with PURE SKILL? That's pretty badass, bro.
---
http://livingdeadrpg.proboards.com/
#36Wookie_Is_BackPosted 11/7/2012 6:08:17 PM
Yaaaaaaawn
#37godboundinfleshPosted 11/7/2012 6:18:36 PM
I lol'd at vehicles being nerfed. I admit to rage quitting earlier when not one but TWO of my rockets still weren't enough to destroy the Scorpion. Now I can't say much about Banshees, but that tank is jacked up.
---
XBLGT: FloozyOstrich
SF Cody/Guy/Honda, MK Scorp/Sub, MVC2 Akuma, Doom, Charlie, MVC3 Hulk, Dante, Akuma, SFxTK Cody/Guy. Fight me like you mean it
#38maximoPosted 11/7/2012 6:19:43 PM
TC I agree with you!

I made some similar comments (although a lot less eloquently) and got shot down.

The guns aren't reliable and don't seem to 'work' all the time. I can unload a whole DMR into someones head and they stay up and I get one shotted with a battlerifle. There needs to be more definition for each weapon. They all seem so similar and I don't undertand what is more effective for any give scenario on the map

The BR is just plain nondescript. Same goes for the Storm Rifle.

The DMR has always ben a great gun in previous games. It was reliable and accurate. In this game it feels like its just 'hit and miss' and boils down to luck

I remember having loads of fun with grenades, now they have been nerfed to the point of them being useless or boil down to pure luck if you get a kill. The plasmas used to actually stick!

I really feel disappointed with this game, especially the MP and the Spartan Ops. It feels like its been tacked on. Why didn't they keep Firefight?

I also don't understand why there is no online matchmaking for coop campaign. This is just not acceptable in todays market place. The technology is there. They should use it.

Finally the presentation of the game has also taken a step backwards compared to Reach. Reach felt so seamless and professional, from the loading screen to the menus to the way the medals popped up in Campaign, Firefight and MP.

Overall I can't help but think tht this game has taken a tep back or at very best laterally. Its a real shame becaus eI was so much looking forward to this.
#39OmegaPillowPosted 11/7/2012 6:25:07 PM
DericViiper posted...
tldr

you are wrong

Thats like putting fingers in your ears, and im gay
---
Psn: An_Axe_Murderer capcoms defense force damage control on sfxt::http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/999533-street-fighter-x-tekken/62143163
#40KaItrakPosted 11/7/2012 6:26:06 PM
What is this "player skill" you keep talking about TC? It seems like it's shooting/aiming skill you're talking about here. There's more to the game than just that. Loadouts add more to the strategic aspect of the game since you need to bring the right equipment and know how to effectively use them.