I'm so sad right now...(Scammer warning)

#1NSTRIDENTPosted 11/8/2012 4:10:04 AM
I've just tried trading with LoMNOMNOMDeer for a FOTUS armor for my Limited Edition Map pass. I knew it too good to be true but I bit on it anyways since I have faith in people but as soon as I sent him the code he says " You used it already?". Sigh.

I would've just given it to him for free if I had money but alas I'm jobless right now and had to sell some of my stuff to buy this game. Sorry for the blogfaqs, but I just wanna share it with someone and warn people out there for scammers. Sigh.

Here's a picture of my Download History as proof that I didn't redeem it.
http://i.imgur.com/A7tls.jpg
---
"You grew up with actors. You learned their craft and you learned it well. But I grew up with soldiers, I learned to die a long time ago."- Lord Stark
#2burningfingerzPosted 11/8/2012 4:10:42 AM
Sorry for the loss, mate.
---
"Vita is a really powerful machine and I wanted to take advantage of that. I didn't just want to show off boobs, but I wanted to show off butts too"
#3J0hn1337Posted 11/8/2012 4:10:59 AM
truly a scumbag if he did rip you off. he's on this board?
---
NYK & GSW
21 Shump Street
#4NSTRIDENT(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 4:12:15 AM
Yeah I pleaded to him that please don't do this but he redeemed it anyways.
---
"You grew up with actors. You learned their craft and you learned it well. But I grew up with soldiers, I learned to die a long time ago."- Lord Stark
#5GGearXPosted 11/8/2012 4:13:46 AM
Can you link to the original topic?

Oh and sorry for your loss man. Maybe a kiss and a hug might help? <3

*smooches and a nice warm hug for a bro*
---
GT: Halllelujah ( No I'm not religus I watch too much anime :P ) (O_\) mewmew!
Sorry about the typos, I'm in my Gundam!
#6PhilR1Posted 11/8/2012 4:15:27 AM
Was it a new user on here or someone who has been on a while. Did you check the karma rating?

That is a shame what happened to you but at least you have learned a lesson - never trade something that is valuable to you to a stranger. Or at the very least, have their code first, try it. If it works then trade your code.

It is difficult doing this because someone has to make the first move.
---
Currently playing Halo 4, Dishonored, Borderlands 2 & Resident Evil 6. Next games I'm buying - Black Ops II, Hitman Absolution
#7awesomephatmanPosted 11/8/2012 4:15:28 AM
I have no respect for people like that, none at all. Thanks for the warning.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/tinyraptor
I was floating in a peaceful sea, rescued by a sinking ship
#8KatosuPosted 11/8/2012 4:15:49 AM
Please check your inbox, TC.
---
"^ haha. That made my eyes twinkle.......(hmmmm, now that sounded ***)." - Cougar010
"^ I concur." - also Cougar010
#9CyberCerberusPosted 11/8/2012 4:15:54 AM
You tried to trade an entire map pass of yours, worth 2000 mp for purely cosmetic armour that you'd most likely replace when you get bored of it? Or the other way around?

Damn, son.
---
XBL Gamertag: Gallywag
YOUR JIMMIES ARE MINE.
#10NSTRIDENT(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 4:17:33 AM
Thanks guys that really helps somewhat. Yeah I checked his Karma and it seemed good. He even has Christ related stuff on his sig.

Here's the original post:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632877-halo-4/64563414
---