It's OFFICIAL: Thruster Pack is useless

#21Dev445Posted 11/8/2012 11:37:08 AM
Some guy on a message board deems a certain item in a game is useless. Where have I heard this before?
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#22supercoolisaacPosted 11/8/2012 11:43:24 AM
GollyFluff posted...
i'm pretty sure that the left joystick does the exact same thing as thruster. perhaps its a little slower, but you can still run, shoot, crouch, grenade, jump, etc when you don't use the thruster. thruster is simply outclassed by the left control stick in almost every way.

This sums it up perfectly.

The only thing about the thruster is that I've heard you can slip out of assassinations by using it.
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#23GollyFluffPosted 11/8/2012 12:10:24 PM
supercoolisaac posted...
GollyFluff posted...
i'm pretty sure that the left joystick does the exact same thing as thruster. perhaps its a little slower, but you can still run, shoot, crouch, grenade, jump, etc when you don't use the thruster. thruster is simply outclassed by the left control stick in almost every way.

The only thing about the thruster is that I've heard you can slip out of assassinations by using it.

oh my. if this is true, then i take back what i said. it isn't entirely useless. i doubt its true because nobody defending thruster has mentioned it.

also, thruster in flood is definitely not useless
---
"Captain Falcon wasn't confirmed for Brawl. Brawl was confirmed for Captain Falcon."
#24SnowValuePosted 11/8/2012 12:42:48 PM
Does thruster pack have invincibility frames ?

Havenít used it much, to busy using wall hack.
#25JRS511Posted 11/8/2012 12:51:12 PM
GollyFluff posted...
MitzeIpik posted...
GollyFluff posted...
Urdnot_Runt posted...
No, you just haven't figured out how to use it yet

you press the armor ability button, right?
ah, then i do know how to use it. still useless

Knowing how to activate it isn't the same as how to (properly) use it

Can't sprint backwards or side to side though.
---
"I just want to watch the whole world burn"
#26supercoolisaacPosted 11/8/2012 12:55:19 PM
GollyFluff posted...
supercoolisaac posted...
GollyFluff posted...

oh my. if this is true, then i take back what i said. it isn't entirely useless. i doubt its true because nobody defending thruster has mentioned it.

also, thruster in flood is definitely not useless

Have had a few friends tell me lol but i have yet to see or try it myself. Gonna try it in a bit and i'll let you know if it works or not.
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#27Strakadh_OFPosted 11/8/2012 1:02:03 PM
pellequin posted...
Your welcome!

Now time for me to use thruster pack and blast out if this topic!

WHOOSH!

OH MY GOD I ONLY WENT ABOUT 2 FOOT, IM STILL HERE! GOD DAMMIT!

Hehe yes.

It is good when used very intelligently but mostly its bad, I have been destroying everything with the Jet Pack, whicb is funny since I figured it would just be a faster way for BKs to feed people headshots.
---
GT: The Trill Texan
#28Nacht004Posted 11/8/2012 1:02:15 PM
GollyFluff posted...
MitzeIpik posted...
GollyFluff posted...
Urdnot_Runt posted...
No, you just haven't figured out how to use it yet

you press the armor ability button, right?
ah, then i do know how to use it. still useless

Knowing how to activate it isn't the same as how to (properly) use it

I don't want to agree with Golly for the sake of agreeing but I haven't seen a scenario where it really pushes me to think this ability warrants use over other abilities. If there is a "proper" use, please do post the best method you believe, I really want to know. I want to like this ability but it just felt so useless last night when I tried it.
---
There's really nothing to say.
GT - Pb Farmer
#29Bananaman__Posted 11/8/2012 1:04:49 PM
I think it might be glitched. I feel like it moves you about as fast as normal walking.

Very strange. I can see absolutely no utility to this AA.
---
#30tidusishiPosted 11/8/2012 1:07:36 PM
pellequin posted...
HAHA!

If you google 343 thruster pack on google, this topic comes up.

IT'S OFFICIAL: THRUSTER PACK IS USELESS!

i actually did this and it was the top option XD
---
"My life for Aiur."
Hail To The Redskins!