It's OFFICIAL: Thruster Pack is useless

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. It's OFFICIAL: Thruster Pack is useless
3 years ago#31
I've made successful use of it a few times, but hey, what ever you say : /
3 years ago#32
I've used the booster to sidestep incinerator cannon blasts from close-to-mid range when I wouldn't have time to jump or sidestep normally.
It's also quite helpful for dodging a surprise 'nade, at least for me.
Not helpful for traveling faster, but think of it as a weaker version of Reach's "Dodge" ability.
The better mobility it offers can be quite empowering when used right. :D
3 years ago#33
Dave_is_my_name posted...
pellequin posted...
Your welcome!!

I will never take the word of someone whose literacy skills have not surpassed the third grade.

"Your" is a completely different word than "you're."

Thank you for broadcasting yourself as not even having functional English skills.

Put down the controller, pick up a book.

Nobody cares dude.
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
3 years ago#34
It's the teats in Flood.
3 years ago#35
I like the idea of the thruster pack, it's almost like a 'luck button' in terms of getting in for a close kill or behind cover at the last second when shields are down. The problem I have is how slow it is, there seems to be no difference between thrusting and just walking.
3 years ago#36
I'm glad this topic exists, because before I was questioning the unofficial status of the Thruster Pack being useless. Now I can rest easy know its official.
Underwater Spartans:
3 years ago#37
Anyone else irritated by the problematic English in this topic, chief among which is the title? What's official about your opinion?
3 years ago#38
JRS511 posted...
Can't sprint backwards or side to side though.

sure, but you can turn around. yeah it takes time, but so does the thruster. i really want the thruster to be good, but as of now, there's no reason to use it over jet pack or regen field.
"Captain Falcon wasn't confirmed for Brawl. Brawl was confirmed for Captain Falcon."
(message deleted)
3 years ago#40
I don't get it myself. I thought it would be like Reach's dodge ability, but it seems to have a shorter range and be slower in completing the animation then dodge did.

Assuming you are playing at a sensitivity greater than 1 you probably would be better served moving left/right quickly by turning and using the sprint.
Even a blind monkey finds an acorn
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. It's OFFICIAL: Thruster Pack is useless

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived