It's OFFICIAL: Thruster Pack is useless

#31D3SeekerPosted 11/8/2012 1:09:08 PM
I've made successful use of it a few times, but hey, what ever you say : /
#32DerejinPosted 11/8/2012 1:25:38 PM
I've used the booster to sidestep incinerator cannon blasts from close-to-mid range when I wouldn't have time to jump or sidestep normally.
It's also quite helpful for dodging a surprise 'nade, at least for me.
Not helpful for traveling faster, but think of it as a weaker version of Reach's "Dodge" ability.
The better mobility it offers can be quite empowering when used right. :D
#33blunderminePosted 11/8/2012 1:32:31 PM
Dave_is_my_name posted...
pellequin posted...
Your welcome!!

I will never take the word of someone whose literacy skills have not surpassed the third grade.

"Your" is a completely different word than "you're."

Thank you for broadcasting yourself as not even having functional English skills.

Put down the controller, pick up a book.

Nobody cares dude.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#34dr_gonzo355Posted 11/8/2012 1:35:42 PM
It's the teats in Flood.
#35mr_teaspoonPosted 11/8/2012 1:37:17 PM
I like the idea of the thruster pack, it's almost like a 'luck button' in terms of getting in for a close kill or behind cover at the last second when shields are down. The problem I have is how slow it is, there seems to be no difference between thrusting and just walking.
#36SterlingFoxPosted 11/8/2012 1:38:20 PM
I'm glad this topic exists, because before I was questioning the unofficial status of the Thruster Pack being useless. Now I can rest easy know its official.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#37ChezDispenserPosted 11/8/2012 1:39:22 PM
Anyone else irritated by the problematic English in this topic, chief among which is the title? What's official about your opinion?
---
Goddamn!
#38GollyFluffPosted 11/8/2012 1:46:42 PM
JRS511 posted...
Can't sprint backwards or side to side though.

sure, but you can turn around. yeah it takes time, but so does the thruster. i really want the thruster to be good, but as of now, there's no reason to use it over jet pack or regen field.
---
"Captain Falcon wasn't confirmed for Brawl. Brawl was confirmed for Captain Falcon."
#39KoruKinshiPosted 11/8/2012 1:54:51 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#40shadeauxPosted 11/8/2012 1:56:23 PM
I don't get it myself. I thought it would be like Reach's dodge ability, but it seems to have a shorter range and be slower in completing the animation then dodge did.

Assuming you are playing at a sensitivity greater than 1 you probably would be better served moving left/right quickly by turning and using the sprint.
---
Even a blind monkey finds an acorn