It's OFFICIAL: Thruster Pack is useless

#41DerejinPosted 11/8/2012 2:08:28 PM
Dave_is_my_name posted...

I will never take the word of someone whose literacy skills have not surpassed the third grade.

"Your" is a completely different word than "you're."

Thank you for broadcasting yourself as not even having functional English skills.

Put down the controller, pick up a book.

So you're stating that it's logical to discredit an opinion NOT based on reasoning, but based on grammar?
Or are you stating that you have no solid argument and, still wishing to discredit his posts, list grammar as a reason to invalidate his thoughts?

I could quote you with a minor change to what you have said in order to bash you.
I could use your reasoning as reasoning to discredit you.
I could even type this post out using poor grammar and let irony do its work.

Doing one of those, however, would be just as banal, and not would discredit any logical reasoning or opinions.

Misplaced and illogical opinions, however, can be discredited through logical reasoning. This you can still do concerning the OP, if you view it as such wish to do so.
#42SterlingFoxPosted 11/8/2012 2:19:44 PM
By the way, just so everybody knows, the Thruster is good for sword fights and grenade dodging.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#43sirgreendayPosted 11/8/2012 2:29:38 PM
pellequin posted...
What a waste of time.

Kind of like your post. Especially since you're a Pseud fanboy. Btw. The thruster pack is EXACTLY the same as previous versions. Read what 323 said about it.

If all of you idiots with your baseless accusations thought Bungie made the game. I bet all of your stupid complaints would disappear.
---
GT: Sir Green Day
#44DrakillionPosted 11/8/2012 2:38:59 PM
I use it in BTS quite a bit and it actually got me out of some tough situations.

Two things:

-I wish it didn't transition to third persona every time you use because it's very disorienting, especially if you want to close the distance on a foe.

-Make the boost go farther. It looks like you only boost about 3 character lengths and that's not much. Yes, Speed Boost DOES increase the boost distance, and I think that should be the default boost distance.
---
---
"Dating Yukari Takeba is, like, the closest thing to dating Michelle Ruff, so I don't see the reason why not."- My brother XD
#45SilthersPosted 11/8/2012 2:52:23 PM
Lets say I'm sitting in an open area on BTS. An enemy on a ghost spots me and decides to try and splatter me instead of shooting like an intelligent person. Wait for the right moment and you dodge that ghost's boost.

It also makes you scary when you're playing king of the hill. When all those nades thrown at the hill show up, you simply avoid them with ease. Nobody seems to take into account two things:

1. This has a shorter CD than alot of the AA's. Thus meaning you can use is more often.

2. Dashing forward seems to result in a further boost, from what I've been able to tell. This makes me wonder if left and right have less than backwards, or vice-versa.

Though I'll admit, it does need a bit more range. And how about let us come out of the dash in the middle of it, giving us a shorter CD.

Thoughts?
#46duericPosted 11/8/2012 2:54:10 PM
If it worked more like Evade from Reach it would have been awesome.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#47therickmu25Posted 11/8/2012 2:55:13 PM
It's not 'useless' It's 'useful' for getting killed.
---
http://i.imgur.com/34Fj8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZGQLw.jpg
#48SilthersPosted 11/8/2012 2:57:04 PM
therickmu25 posted...
It's not 'useless' It's 'useful' for getting killed.

Yeah, it takes you out of the fight for a second. No, it isn't good at getting you killed. You're good at dying with it after you use it in a situation that doesn't call for it.

That's like somebody in Reach complaining that a sticky nade killed them because they went into armor-lock too early.

Yes, if you panic and use it in a firefight you're gonna be met with a firing squad.
#49gOwCoD4Posted 11/8/2012 2:57:47 PM
I'd rather stick with my Regeneration Field thank you very much.

Something irks me about the regen though... If you have the Shielding package, regen field still recharges at the rate of non-shielding package. If you quickly step into and out of the bubble though it recharges quickly.
---
People really need to stop complaining about the inclusion of online passes...
#50P1_JakePosted 11/8/2012 2:58:05 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing last night while me and some of my buddies were playing Regicide. Although I did find ONE use albeit a bit unpractical. One of my friends was following me inside the hallways of the large building in Complex, until I turned a corner with him a few seconds behind me and I timed it just right and I boosted backwards right behind him and got the assassination. After that though people tend to see it coming.
TL;DR If you time it right you can "Ninja" someone.
---
Gamertag: Mr Dante / PSN: Fr3ndly_F1R3
Youtube.com/P1Jake