This game is awful...

#41Acr_BushmasterPosted 11/8/2012 6:40:02 PM(edited)
xHughJasx posted...
This Halo is in no way like CoD. Stop riding the bandwagon and think for yourself for once you puppet.

343 clearly took the CoD route, you're either blind or an obvious Halo fanboy.

Probably the latter.

EDIT: And personally I think there is nothing wrong with that, CoD is a fun game.
---
Religion changed the face of man, thou shalt not kill, we all are gone.
The seed of ignorance is born thou shalt not think, thou shalt conform.
#42rubthetipPosted 11/8/2012 6:40:43 PM
Acr_Bushmaster posted...
xHughJasx posted...
This Halo is in no way like CoD. Stop riding the bandwagon and think for yourself for once you puppet.

Probably the latter.

These people aren't fanboys, they're 15 year old fans who have no memory of Combat Evolved or Halo 2.
#43Acr_BushmasterPosted 11/8/2012 6:41:17 PM
foxarwing posted...
SexPantherPanda posted...
Halo peaked at 3 it was all down hill from there, the success of call of duty led to its downfall. With that said the single player has been fun.

Success? Call of Duty's MP is always broken, selling a lot of copies doesn't mean it's successful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzsXtGO4Gkw
---
#44Acr_BushmasterPosted 11/8/2012 6:42:39 PM
rubthetip posted...
Acr_Bushmaster posted...
xHughJasx posted...

Probably the latter.

These people aren't fanboys, they're 15 year old fans who have no memory of Combat Evolved or Halo 2.

Yeah probably their first games were Reach / Halo wars.
---
#45CharityDiaryPosted 11/8/2012 6:50:52 PM
Kant_Remoob_Eht posted...
dmack316 posted...
I don't get how COD got so popular. I've watched my cousin play Black Ops and I was bored in the first half hour. My co worker convinced me to buy COD 4 when that was the new thing because a bunch of people at my worked played together each night. I popped it in that night and started playing with them and I was bored within the first hour. I traded in the game 2 days later. At least Halo is set in a fantasy futuristic world so nothing is really too outragous for them to do. From my understanding, the COD games try to keep it realistic with the real world. That's all well and good but how much room is there to do something different in the next game and so on? In Halo you can have crazy monsters and unrealistic war ships because it's all fiction. I think the weakest in the Halo series is by far ODST. I like Halo Wars better than that game.

The reason COD is so popular is mainly due to the multiplayer aspect of it, which is easy to jump in and play games that are relatively fast paced and usually aren't drawn out.

Yep. Call of Duty is the Mario Party of the Xbox. Children, drunks, and pre-teens can just jump into the game at any time and play it without caring. I mean, my five-year-old nephew plays Call of Duty.....
#46demollyonPosted 11/8/2012 6:51:35 PM
Acr_Bushmaster posted...
xHughJasx posted...

Probably the latter.

EDIT: And personally I think there is nothing wrong with that, CoD is a fun game.

Your sig. I love it. Nevemore is the best bane ever and born their best song.
#47jpraelsterPosted 11/8/2012 6:52:11 PM
foxarwing posted...
SexPantherPanda posted...
Halo peaked at 3 it was all down hill from there, the success of call of duty led to its downfall. With that said the single player has been fun.

Success? Call of Duty's MP is always broken, selling a lot of copies doesn't mean it's successful

How is making money not successful LOL
#48rubthetipPosted 11/8/2012 7:00:26 PM
CharityDiary posted...
dmack316 posted...
I don't get how COD got so popular. I've watched my cousin play Black Ops and I was bored in the first half hour. My co worker convinced me to buy COD 4 when that was the new thing because a bunch of people at my worked played together each night. I popped it in that night and started playing with them and I was bored within the first hour. I traded in the game 2 days later. At least Halo is set in a fantasy futuristic world so nothing is really too outragous for them to do. From my understanding, the COD games try to keep it realistic with the real world. That's all well and good but how much room is there to do something different in the next game and so on? In Halo you can have crazy monsters and unrealistic war ships because it's all fiction. I think the weakest in the Halo series is by far ODST. I like Halo Wars better than that game.

The reason COD is so popular is mainly due to the multiplayer aspect of it, which is easy to jump in and play games that are relatively fast paced and usually aren't drawn out.

Yep. Call of Duty is the Mario Party of the Xbox. Children, drunks, and pre-teens can just jump into the game at any time and play it without caring. I mean, my five-year-old nephew plays Call of Duty.....

Everyone is playing Call of Duty because it is actually FUN (the Treyarch releases at least, don't care much for IW). In CoD you can create a player and play style that is actually unique, because there are dozens of weapons and each one of them is good enough to dominate with if you have skill. Halo USED to be fun, but then they removed all aspects that made it truly unique from its competition, so now there is zero incentive to continue playing it. Everything in Black Ops 1 is better than Halo 4. The weapons are better, the maps are better, the care packages are better, and the even the single player has more variety than: Cortana says we need to get to some gate or switch, kill a group of enemies, get to gate or switch, repeat.
#49Go2ChurchPosted 11/8/2012 7:06:26 PM
rubthetip posted...
CharityDiary posted...
dmack316 posted...

Everyone is playing Call of Duty because it is actually FUN (the Treyarch releases at least, don't care much for IW). In CoD you can create a player and play style that is actually unique, because there are dozens of weapons and each one of them is good enough to dominate with if you have skill. Halo USED to be fun, but then they removed all aspects that made it truly unique from its competition, so now there is zero incentive to continue playing it. Everything in Black Ops 1 is better than Halo 4. The weapons are better, the maps are better, the care packages are better, and the even the single player has more variety than: Cortana says we need to get to some gate or switch, kill a group of enemies, get to gate or switch, repeat.

The weapons are literally the same. There is SO little difference between them.

On topic, Halo 4 is great, and I've been playing since CE, and still love Halo.

Its still Halo, albeit different that the usual.
---
GT: Anonymousity
#50BrazenHunter076Posted 11/8/2012 7:07:27 PM
Absolute die-hard Halo 2 fan here, and I am loving 4. The fact that there are features popularized by CoD doesn't bother me in the slightest. It's the natural evolution of the genre, just as Halo popularized regenerating health.

And this game is LEAGUES better than Reach. Is it as good as Halo 2 or 3? I don't know, it's been too long since those games had their heyday for me to accurately judge. But it is quite ridiculous how much better than Reach this game is, and I find it shocking that there are people who honestly think Reach was better.
---
Xbox Gamertag: Swaggerbeard
PSN ID: BrazenSwagger