Solo Legendary = impossible

#11littlebro07Posted 11/8/2012 5:47:43 PM
I'm stuck on the final mission. I have four scattershot rounds, an empty light rifle, one pulse grenade, and a hardlight shield on my checkpoint.

There's 5+ knights
-_-
---
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb289/volcaitlin/gifs/dancning.gif
#12soulgruntPosted 11/8/2012 5:50:28 PM
I beat solo legendary, and ill admit I suck. just abuse whatever you can. the worse ive had with the campaign is dealing 7 knights( with one incinerate cannon) with nothing but a shotgun with no checkpoint inbetween. oh the rage.
---
fc 4426 5008 7600
#13xSavantPosted 11/8/2012 5:53:55 PM
i almost had to restart the entire final mission because i had a checkpoint right before i had to fight the final two knights. i literally had 10 bullets left.

final mission was the hardest, but CoD 2, 3, 4 on Veteran and Killzone 2 on Elite were harder IMO.
#14Lord_Waffles21Posted 11/8/2012 5:55:29 PM
Heroic was harder than usual for me at first because of the Prometheans.
Earlier in the campaign I was still figuring out which weapons were most effective against the various Promethean enemies. For a while I was wondering why Knights were so difficult for me to kill, but then I realized they have shields just like elites. I had been treating them like tough unshielded enemies which then wasted a lot of ammo.

However after completion I feel like Legendary won't be too bad. I predict it will be tough when facing 3 Knights at once though. I've also gotten the hang of letting them try to melee me and then performing an assassination kill.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ |||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
Colors!!!! Wheeee!!!
#15EchoX860Posted 11/8/2012 5:55:50 PM
Solo in under 9 hours, it's not bad
---
Gamertag: EchoX860
Halo, Battlefield, Call of Duty. I'm a FPS Fan, no matter the series!
#16The BeansterPosted 11/8/2012 5:57:08 PM
xSavant posted...
i almost had to restart the entire final mission because i had a checkpoint right before i had to fight the final two knights. i literally had 10 bullets left.

final mission was the hardest, but CoD 2, 3, 4 on Veteran and Killzone 2 on Elite were harder IMO.

Btw if you ever get stuck in a super crappy checkpoint, you can just kill yourself instantly when you respawn (if you have a grenade or are near a ledge or such). Do that 5 times and you'll go back two checkpoints and you might be able to get a better setup.
---
i7-2600k @ 4.8 Ghz | 2x MSI 7970 Lightning @ 1200/1800 | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Sleeping Dogs || GT: The Ownage
#17xSavantPosted 11/8/2012 5:58:08 PM
The Beanster posted...
xSavant posted...

Btw if you ever get stuck in a super crappy checkpoint, you can just kill yourself instantly when you respawn (if you have a grenade or are near a ledge or such). Do that 5 times and you'll go back two checkpoints and you might be able to get a better setup.

wow, never knew this. is that why they implemented it?
#18The BeansterPosted 11/8/2012 5:59:15 PM
Lord_Waffles21 posted...
Heroic was harder than usual for me at first because of the Prometheans.
Earlier in the campaign I was still figuring out which weapons were most effective against the various Promethean enemies. For a while I was wondering why Knights were so difficult for me to kill, but then I realized they have shields just like elites. I had been treating them like tough unshielded enemies which then wasted a lot of ammo.

However after completion I feel like Legendary won't be too bad. I predict it will be tough when facing 3 Knights at once though. I've also gotten the hang of letting them try to melee me and then performing an assassination kill.

Hahahahahaha I did this too... I kept wasting sooooooooo much ammo on the Knights and I was like "wow wtf these guys are like 100x tougher than elites"... then a few encounters later I realized that you just have to kill them quickly after their shields pop.

Is there an animation for when their shields recharge? I still haven't been able to pick up on it like you can with Elites. I can see their shields pop when I drop them, but I'm not sure what the indicators are for them being down or returning.
---
i7-2600k @ 4.8 Ghz | 2x MSI 7970 Lightning @ 1200/1800 | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Sleeping Dogs || GT: The Ownage
#19Lord_Waffles21Posted 11/8/2012 6:01:33 PM
xSavant posted...
The Beanster posted...
xSavant posted...

wow, never knew this. is that why they implemented it?

It's existed at least as far back as Halo 3. It's nice because it keeps you from getting stuck in constant death somewhere. Once in Halo 3 I got a checkpoint right as my warthog ran off a cliff. Kept dying for a bit, but then got pushed back to a safer checkpoint.

Would have helped in COD2 when I kept getting killed by an airstrike near the end of a long mission on Elite. Had to do the whole thing over again.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ |||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
Colors!!!! Wheeee!!!
#20jobb_UCPosted 11/8/2012 6:02:37 PM
It also existed in Halo 2. Once I got a checkpoint about a quarter of a second before getting sniped in the head by a jackal.
---
UC