Solo Legendary = impossible

#21pttp_co_nrPosted 11/8/2012 5:03:13 PM
Is it harder than ODST Legendary, because I solo'd that.
---
PKMN White FC: 1850 0959 2499 - Name: Kevin
Nintendo 3DS FC: 4639 8975 1450 - Name: Kevin
#22Lord_Waffles21Posted 11/8/2012 5:03:25 PM
The Beanster posted...
Hahahahahaha I did this too... I kept wasting sooooooooo much ammo on the Knights and I was like "wow wtf these guys are like 100x tougher than elites"... then a few encounters later I realized that you just have to kill them quickly after their shields pop.

Is there an animation for when their shields recharge? I still haven't been able to pick up on it like you can with Elites. I can see their shields pop when I drop them, but I'm not sure what the indicators are for them being down or returning.

Their lights flash when their shields go out and I assume it just goes solid again once it recharges. I haven't noticed anything besides that.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ |||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
Colors!!!! Wheeee!!!
#23The BeansterPosted 11/8/2012 5:07:24 PM(edited)
xSavant posted...
The Beanster posted...
xSavant posted...
i almost had to restart the entire final mission because i had a checkpoint right before i had to fight the final two knights. i literally had 10 bullets left.

final mission was the hardest, but CoD 2, 3, 4 on Veteran and Killzone 2 on Elite were harder IMO.

Btw if you ever get stuck in a super crappy checkpoint, you can just kill yourself instantly when you respawn (if you have a grenade or are near a ledge or such). Do that 5 times and you'll go back two checkpoints and you might be able to get a better setup.

wow, never knew this. is that why they implemented it?

Fairly certain it's been like this all the way since Halo 1. I know for sure it's been that way since Halo 2, but I think I remember using that trick in H1 as well.

I'm guessing they implemented it in case the game gave you a checkpoint right as you were about to die and so you couldn't do anything about it, but you can take advantage of it if you need to by killing yourself.
---
i7-2600k @ 4.8 Ghz | 2x MSI 7970 Lightning @ 1200/1800 | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Sleeping Dogs || GT: The Ownage
#24jakethenoobPosted 11/8/2012 5:11:59 PM
I did it so no it's not impossible.
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#25MVNeoPosted 11/8/2012 5:32:35 PM
Call of Duty games on Veteran are only "harder" because they're so poorly made and coded.
---
http://raptr.com/UNSCleric
http://last.fm/user/UNSCleric
#26buster8695Posted 11/8/2012 6:10:27 PM
It's pretty difficult. The AI got a boost. The enemies wont rush you unless your shield is gone. Also, the enemy is very very good at taking cover especially if their shields pop. That coupled with those damn flying bots that shield/ resurrect dead enemies......It was "fun".
#27TheExileJediPosted 11/8/2012 6:11:19 PM
I thought it was the easiest Legendary to date, the enemies are not at all aggressive, few will rarely ever bum rush you, which was the major cause of death for me in other legendaries. because the elites knew "hey I take a metric ton of bullets to kil, lemme run into him and kill him with my OHKO melee" now they are all oh he is damaged and running away, I'll shoot one or two bullets to make it look like I'm trying and let him retreat"

Also, I abused the **** out of the needler. If I could, I always had a precision weapon in one hand and the needler in the other. Precision to take out grunts, crawlers, jackels and floaters and the needler to blow out knights and elites.

But yeah, took me a while to realize that prometheans had shields and if you left 'em alone they were bac at full power.
---
OMG THE J TEAM: Mr.T, Adam West, Chuck Norris and Jesus. If you don't agree they are the best team in the world, prepared to be round house kicked
#28warior55(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 6:14:37 PM
Cereal4you posted...
I disagree this is the easiest halo to date IMO....

Did you play Reach? It was definitely the easiest on legendary.
---
Halo 4
#29LerthyrPosted 11/8/2012 6:15:33 PM
Nope, had it best 12 ish hours after release.

http://gamefaqs.com/boards/632877-halo-4/64544895

It wasn't any harder than Halo CE Legendary.
---
GT: Lerthyr
I thought what I'd do was I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.
#30FlyingPotatoePosted 11/8/2012 6:15:54 PM
The jackals in the courtyard say hi.
---
:D.... :/.... D:... D':