Solo Legendary = impossible

#51dragonkyn20Posted 11/8/2012 9:14:33 PM
Santa_Gavin posted...
Never say nothing is Impossible because the word itself says "I'm Possible"

This. Trust me, if it was impossible, it wouldn't be in the game.
---
PSN and gamertag: dragonkyn20
I love it so much, it's now my universal alias.
#52The BeansterPosted 11/9/2012 5:00:33 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
Definitely don't understand the reviews that called normal the new heroic and said that heroic got bumped up a notch in difficulty... that's not true at all.

Yeah, I heard that so often and thought "Oh god, this is going to be hell!"

And I'm cruising through just as well as I normally do.
that is to say I hit a wall at least once per level that I bash my head against 5 or 6 times until I make a hole in it and brute force my way through.

I seem to remember Reach being difficult on Heroic. I'd completed it on Legendary but I have no memory of doing so. It must have been so traumatic I blanked it from my memory.

I didn't understand all the people saying Reach was more difficult than other Halo games on legendary. The only level I found tough was Pillar of Autumn, because that level doesn't give you anywhere near enough ammo at some points to deal with how many enemies it throws at you.
---
i7-2600k @ 4.8 Ghz | 2x MSI 7970 Lightning @ 1200/1800 | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Sleeping Dogs || GT: The Ownage
#53mr_blobby213Posted 11/9/2012 5:06:10 AM
Just beat it a couple of hours ago. It really wasn't that hard. One of the easiest campaigns on Legandary
---
Gamefaqs discriminates against the poor.
#54The BeansterPosted 11/9/2012 5:07:42 AM
mr_blobby213 posted...
Just beat it a couple of hours ago. It really wasn't that hard. One of the easiest campaigns on Legandary

Is there any easy way to deal with knights (like PP+headshot for elites)? Or do you just have to take them down the normal way?
---
i7-2600k @ 4.8 Ghz | 2x MSI 7970 Lightning @ 1200/1800 | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Sleeping Dogs || GT: The Ownage
#55mr_blobby213Posted 11/9/2012 5:10:34 AM
The Beanster posted...
mr_blobby213 posted...

Is there any easy way to deal with knights (like PP+headshot for elites)? Or do you just have to take them down the normal way?

For the most part I used the Light Rifle or rushed them with the Scattershot or would rush with the Supressor them melee.
---
Gamefaqs discriminates against the poor.
#56Maniac_DancePosted 11/9/2012 5:10:54 AM
if there's a plasma pistol around you can one shot their shields like elites. Problem is most areas with knights are forerunner weapons only. Best bet is to kill all the flyers, separate the knights if there's more than one and unload with either the human AR, or any precision weapon. Or rush them with a shotty / try to assasinate them.
---
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in confederacy against him.
#57kasbianPosted 11/9/2012 5:17:47 AM
Im about to finish mission 6, so still have probably (i assume) the hardest 2 missions to go.

But so far its been okay, i just take it slow and steady (unless i can speed run to another checkpoint without killing:P) and always scavange areas and look for ammo crates before moving on, i keep finding light rifle/supperssor stands, which is all i need vs knights.

Im anxious about missions 7 and 8 though as 6 has been considerably harder than 1-5.

The knights are the only bit in the game which are hard imo!
#58paulinkPosted 11/9/2012 6:04:42 AM
kasbian posted...
Im about to finish mission 6, so still have probably (i assume) the hardest 2 missions to go.

But so far its been okay, i just take it slow and steady (unless i can speed run to another checkpoint without killing:P) and always scavange areas and look for ammo crates before moving on, i keep finding light rifle/supperssor stands, which is all i need vs knights.

Im anxious about missions 7 and 8 though as 6 has been considerably harder than 1-5.

The knights are the only bit in the game which are hard imo!

After mission 4, the game just gets progressively easier. Mission 4 was the hardest for me.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#59saiyan26Posted 11/9/2012 6:04:54 AM
Always keep an eye out for secret weapons (Incineration Cannon, Rail Gun, Rocket Launcher), Light Rifle is your friend, don't doubt the usefulness of the Autosentry.

I thought Reach was the hardest Halo for me (I never played Halo 2). I'm dreading the inevitable Halo 2 Anniversary's Legendary Solo achievement. From all the horror stories I've heard, I'm sure I'll break my controller.
#60esprailePosted 11/9/2012 6:06:52 AM
Lord_Waffles21 posted...
Heroic was harder than usual for me at first because of the Prometheans.
Earlier in the campaign I was still figuring out which weapons were most effective against the various Promethean enemies. For a while I was wondering why Knights were so difficult for me to kill, but then I realized they have shields just like elites. I had been treating them like tough unshielded enemies which then wasted a lot of ammo.

However after completion I feel like Legendary won't be too bad. I predict it will be tough when facing 3 Knights at once though. I've also gotten the hang of letting them try to melee me and then performing an assassination kill.

Exact same thing here - spent about 5 mins on heroic carefully popping DMR rounds into their heads and wondering why it wouldnt drop!
---
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.