I'm sorry, but I legitimately have to ask this question to the fanbase.

#1Fade_ChokesPosted 11/8/2012 7:05:45 PM
Since when was Halo 3 EVER considered a good game?! I come to this board ans people are harking left and right about Halo 3. I know, opinions and all, but last time I checked the consensus was that Halo 3 was garbage and the worst in the series.

So now Reach gets the hate now?! I find the whole thing ridiculous, is this board just crowded with kids that started with H3?! I've been playing since CE and its almost laughable when people actually say 3 was the best in the series.
---
The Chief: "...you are also getting a new partner"
Blasto: "Are you engaging in reproductive behavior with this one?"
#2brawl4funPosted 11/8/2012 7:06:27 PM
lolwut?

Halo 3 was good...

Well not the best, but after Reach came out people's opinions on it changed.
---
GT: PeskyBurrito2 N7:445 I'm Batman (Yes, don't deny it)
Are you ready for Halo 4?
#3NoxatroxPosted 11/8/2012 7:06:33 PM
Dude this happens with every series.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag- Coneman50
#4Go2ChurchPosted 11/8/2012 7:08:01 PM
Reach was always the worst, nobody trashed Halo 3 from what I know.
---
GT: Anonymousity
#5xBrokenxHaloxPosted 11/8/2012 7:09:39 PM
I never really liked Reach. Halo 3 was probably my favorite multiplayer halo-wise.
#6The BeansterPosted 11/8/2012 7:14:17 PM(edited)
What consensus are you talking about? The consensus of nostalgic Halo 2 fans who were sad they couldn't superbounce and BxR?

Because that's about the only group of Halo fans that hates Halo 3.

Halo 3 had two minor mistakes and that's about it: the BR spread was a too big, and the game wasn't hitscan.

Neither of those things makes the game obviously the "worst of the series" unless you're in the category described above.

Now, when it was just Halo 1, 2, and 3, there were people who thought that 3 was the weakest MP of all of them (because criticism of Halo 1 is generally not admitted to the discussion and they thought Halo 2 was better). But those people typically don't think much of Reach, and so Reach has taken more of the "consensus" about what is the worst game of the series.
---
i7-2600k @ 4.8 Ghz | 2x MSI 7970 Lightning @ 1200/1800 | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Sleeping Dogs || GT: The Ownage
#7BrazenHunter076Posted 11/8/2012 7:12:17 PM
Here's how I felt about it. Halo 3 disappointed me, because I didn't like it as much as 2. I figured, damn, this must be the lowest the series can go in quality.

I was wrong. I was SOOOOOOO wrong.

Reach came out, and I hated it. I still hate it. It's a bad Halo game. I know some people really like it, I don't care. It's a bad. Halo. Game.

So, now 4 is out, and I love it. It's a million times better than Reach, and that's all I care about. I don't need it to be as good as 2 or as good as 3, because those will always be good now in my memory because of how atrocious Reach was.
---
Xbox Gamertag: Swaggerbeard
PSN ID: BrazenSwagger
#8IcyFlamez96Posted 11/8/2012 7:12:24 PM
Halo 3 multiplayer > Halo 2 multiplayer
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
# of times krat0s didn't appropriately update my K count: 20+ :'[
#9The_HighPosted 11/8/2012 7:12:48 PM
It's called Fighting Games syndrome (Alternately Series Syndrome, Street Fighter Syndrome, CAPCOM Syndrome, or Final Fantasy Syndrome).

Essentially it boils down to everyone hating the latest release of a series, while maintaining the absolute perfection of the previous entry.

Once Halo 5 comes out 4 will be called a classic and everyone will hate 5.
---
"Ars Longa, Vita Brevis, Occasio Praeceps, Experimentum Periculosum, Iudicium Difficile."
-Hippocrates
#10rubthetipPosted 11/8/2012 7:12:58 PM
Halo 3 was the last true Halo. It's multiplayer pushed the gameplay limits as far as it could without completely ruining the integrity of the game. Reach/ODST/Halo 4 are what 15 years olds think Halo is (because they weren't around for the original trilogy), so naturally all the new gamebreaking perks/upgrades/weapons/garbage maps seem amazing to them. It's also edgy for them to trash CoD because it's popular and has multiplayer that is actually fun and works.