I'm sorry, but I legitimately have to ask this question to the fanbase.

#21INFRARED PYTHONPosted 11/8/2012 7:25:24 PM
IcyFlamez96 posted...
Halo 3 multiplayer > Halo 2 multiplayer

Only bad kids liked H3 because it was the least skilled based of the halo games at the time of its rise. When nubs didn't have to worry about being 3 shotted or double shotted across map they have more fun.
---
This message has been brought to you from my Galaxy Nexus
#22Ubergrim3Posted 11/8/2012 7:25:41 PM
IMO 3 was better than 2, and Reach was better than 3. I don't like to compare any of them to CE because it has such a different feel and I never played CE online. I have yet to play 4's multiplayer, but the story is much better (although it relies far too heavily on the books), and the prometheans aren't any more of a pain to fight than the Flood, so it's about even in gameplay.
---
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the Professor! - The Professor
GT: xCOLBY JACKx
#23AvisonPosted 11/8/2012 7:27:17 PM
Gordaton posted...
rubthetip posted...
Halo 3 was the last true Halo. It's multiplayer pushed the gameplay limits as far as it could without completely ruining the integrity of the game. Reach/ODST/Halo 4 are what 15 years olds think Halo is (because they weren't around for the original trilogy), so naturally all the new gamebreaking perks/upgrades/weapons/garbage maps seem amazing to them. It's also edgy for them to trash CoD because it's popular and has multiplayer that is actually fun and works.

This. So much.

ODST was a very good game. I enjoyed the atmosphere as I wandered the lonely city at night looking for answers. If I had to rank the campaigns it might even be first on the list.
---
-True knowledge is understanding why you truly know nothing.
GT: "Avison Atrius" BB Mains: Hakumen, Arakune
#24Ubergrim3Posted 11/8/2012 7:58:01 PM
Avison posted...
Gordaton posted...
rubthetip posted...
Halo 3 was the last true Halo. It's multiplayer pushed the gameplay limits as far as it could without completely ruining the integrity of the game. Reach/ODST/Halo 4 are what 15 years olds think Halo is (because they weren't around for the original trilogy), so naturally all the new gamebreaking perks/upgrades/weapons/garbage maps seem amazing to them. It's also edgy for them to trash CoD because it's popular and has multiplayer that is actually fun and works.

This. So much.

ODST was a very good game. I enjoyed the atmosphere as I wandered the lonely city at night looking for answers. If I had to rank the campaigns it might even be first on the list.

I do really like ODST's story, but I greatly dislike silent protagonists, and overall it just seemed so inconsequential compared to the rest of the series. You... save an engineer? Uh... yay?
---
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the Professor! - The Professor
GT: xCOLBY JACKx
#25Mista_MPosted 11/8/2012 8:01:54 PM
thats how it goes.. when halo 2 came out I was on gamefaqs boards and the consensus was that it was bad compared to halo CE and was noob friendly garbage
#26The BeansterPosted 11/8/2012 8:05:52 PM
Mista_M posted...
thats how it goes.. when halo 2 came out I was on gamefaqs boards and the consensus was that it was bad compared to halo CE and was noob friendly garbage

Yup...

To be honest, I think there are nit picky problems with each Halo 1, 2, and 3. I think they're all about the same quality overall, as long as you didn't happen to get particularly offended by one of the unique sets of issues.
---
i7-2600k @ 4.8 Ghz | 2x MSI 7970 Lightning @ 1200/1800 | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Sleeping Dogs || GT: The Ownage
#27DrFeelgood1984Posted 11/8/2012 8:08:57 PM
I played Halo CE online for PC. It was a lot of fun, and this is also pretty fun. I don't consider myself a huge Halo fan, but to say this isn't Halo anymore is absolutely insane. It feels like Halo, it plays like Halo. They added some things, it evolved. It was Halo: Combat Evolved, not Halo: The Same Crap As Ten Years Ago.
---
Scammed by Leighton04 DO NOT trust this user.
#28Raddy8Posted 11/8/2012 8:09:29 PM
windfoxx posted...
Reach was an awesome game. Don't know where this hate is coming from. Definitely one of the better, if not best, Halo game. I like Halo 4, but Reach is still a contender for best Halo game in my book.

I agree, Reach was great. I loved it, but partly (campaign wise) due to the fact that we got to play Noble 6, our own spartan as part of an awesome, unique looking team. MC is cool and all, but it was definitely a nice change.
All the MP talk I don't get, couple of tweaks from game to game and all of asudden one is trash, while the other is pure gold. That's partially because I play MP, I just don't get crazy/serious about it (in any game). So to me, the changes aren't a huge deal. Well 4 is more obvious because of the CoD type of additions, but still...it's all Halo.
---
Gamertag: Pickle Swift
3DS friend code: 4339-2579-4895
#29xoAxeloxPosted 11/8/2012 8:13:04 PM
reach was the worst

it had the potential to be the best but bungie flopped
---
PSN: axeei
XBL GT: axeeeeeeeeL
#30KaiserWarriorPosted 11/8/2012 8:14:29 PM
rubthetip posted...

See, it's funny, because Halo (period, the entire series) is what 15 year olds think FPS is (because they weren't around for the real FPS games), so naturally all the new casualized perks/upgrades/weapons/garbage maps seem amazing to them.