I'm sorry, but I legitimately have to ask this question to the fanbase.

#31EliteGuard99Posted 11/8/2012 8:18:55 PM
Go2Church posted...
Reach was always the worst, nobody trashed Halo 3 from what I know.

---
"I like my weapons how I like my music, HEAVY and METAL! - Mordekaiser
#32zeroboboPosted 11/8/2012 8:21:04 PM
when halo 3 was the newest it was "garbage" by all the halo 1 and 2 vets.
then when reach came out, halo 3 was great and then reach was garbage.
soon halo 4 will be garbage and everyone will say reach was awesome.

its how this crap works.
#33buster8695Posted 11/8/2012 8:26:45 PM
I wasn't a fan of Halo 3. I still think Halo2 had THE BEST maps in the series. I can't think of a single map I didn't enjoy.
It's the only one game I really got into the community as well. Jump videos, montages, and trick vids. That is where all of those started for me.
The hit scan and feel of the game was just right on. H3 never had the same feel. I enjoyed reach a little more than H3 but it just didn't last long. I'm actually really enjoying H4. I'm a big fan of most of the books and I'm getting a HUGE kick out of all the story that is finally being incorporated into the games. The multiplayer is very different from how H2 and H3 were. You can tell a lot of influences came from modern shooters but it's not a bad thing....just different. The controls feel spot on. Like they were in H2. The maps are also well designed.

Now this is probably because the game is new but I have seen people playing really really oddly. Sometimes people will just run past power weapons. Just leave them on the ground. I also don't see people running to claim a power weapon once that player has been killed. That just blows my mind because it is so....not halo.

I also see people completely ignore power vehicles like the wraith.
#34JimDandDPosted 11/8/2012 8:30:49 PM
Umm...what? When was Halo 3 ever considered bad? Halo 3 was always considered one of the best, I never saw anything bad about it when I was playing it. I have seen people talk bad about Reach, but never Halo 3, that game was amazing.
#35friskybiscusPosted 11/8/2012 8:30:59 PM
i dont remember what people were sayin back when 2 and 3 came out but they were very good and kept my interest until the next came out. Reach was pretty good, but i did get bored of it the fastest andd stopped playin until this came out. On that basis reach was the worst but still a good ass game, and 4 has been a blast but its been out for 3 days so idk
#36awesomephatmanPosted 11/8/2012 8:37:22 PM
Go2Church posted...
Reach was always the worst, nobody trashed Halo 3 from what I know.

This.

My opinion on Halo 3 and Reach never changed. I always liked Halo 3 and held the MP in high regard.

Reach sucked; I was bored of it after a few weeks and sold it.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/tinyraptor
I was floating in a peaceful sea, rescued by a sinking ship
#37buster8695Posted 11/8/2012 8:37:47 PM
Another thing about Halo 2 that was great over any other Halo. It was early enough in the life of xbox live that everyone who played was really cool and actually used their mic to play cooperatively. When Halo 3 came out, it really got over run with whiny jerks.
#38Silentbob711Posted 11/8/2012 8:37:47 PM
Reach is my favorite after CE. I don't understand the hate it gets. I really don't. Guess its just personal opinions. I loves the big maps and huge variety of game modes(alot of them were community). Did miss some things from 3 but overall liked the multi much more. Maybe it's cause I've always liked the reach story in general. Liked being able to customize my campaign spartan also. That was cool.
---
You're probably right. If Tali, Garrus, and Liara aren't loyal by now, I'm gonna throw them out in space.
#39digitalwill2000Posted 11/8/2012 8:45:08 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#40cmdrdreddPosted 11/8/2012 8:52:33 PM
Halo's story is actually very good...across all the games even though sometimes the games make the story seem clunky. Taken for the story itself with all the history, lore, and mythology involved...it's got a lot going for it.
---
"Do not be to eager to deal out death and judgment, for even the very wise cannot see all ends." -Gandalf