I'm sorry, but I legitimately have to ask this question to the fanbase.

#61ssj5goku2005Posted 11/8/2012 11:33:31 PM
The reason Halo 3 was trashed when it came out (and I was a victim to this as well lol) was because Halo 2 was, for the Halo series at least, multiplayer perfection...it would've been insanely hard, if even possible, to top...and while I had fun playing Halo 3, I kept thinking "this is nowhere near as good as 2"

This might also be why Halo 4 hasn't been trashed as much as the others, because Reach, the game before it, is pretty much universally agreed to be the worst in the series...so playing Halo 4 you're thinking "well at least this is better than Reach"
---
not changing this sig until i feel like it - started 6.23.2009
#62javobiPosted 11/8/2012 11:45:26 PM
rubthetip posted...
Halo 3 was the last true Halo. It's multiplayer pushed the gameplay limits as far as it could without completely ruining the integrity of the game. Reach/ODST/Halo 4 are what 15 years olds think Halo is (because they weren't around for the original trilogy), so naturally all the new gamebreaking perks/upgrades/weapons/garbage maps seem amazing to them. It's also edgy for them to trash CoD because it's popular and has multiplayer that is actually fun and works.

Hey I'm 16, and I've been in love with halo since I was 7 xD. I've got all the books, and I also support the fact that CoD and CS are the worst games on the planet....
---
Rivve: The Khajiit can be ridden in various positions, whichever is the most comfortable for you!
#63GrimMTrixXPosted 11/8/2012 11:51:11 PM
haha where in the world did you ever hear halo 3 was garbage? Its still my favorite halo game, although halo 4 will surely surpass it as time passes. Reach was by far the worst one. But this is honestly the first time I ever heard someone say Halo 3 was garbage. I guess everyone hangs with different crowds, eh? Hell I still play halo 3 sometimes.
---
XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
#64ajko000Posted 11/8/2012 11:52:54 PM
Fade_Chokes posted...
Since when was Halo 3 EVER considered a good game?! I come to this board ans people are harking left and right about Halo 3. I know, opinions and all, but last time I checked the consensus was that Halo 3 was garbage and the worst in the series.

So now Reach gets the hate now?! I find the whole thing ridiculous, is this board just crowded with kids that started with H3?! I've been playing since CE and its almost laughable when people actually say 3 was the best in the series.

I thought Reach got the hate even before Halo CE Anniversary? I think Halo 3 had the best weapons, until now. I LOVE MAH CARBINE!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
Nothing to see here, but the post below me sure looks suspicious.
#65MetaIGearRexPosted 11/8/2012 11:53:28 PM
Reach had anniversary playlist which automatically makes it better than anything but CE.
#66FlufyW0lf3yPosted 11/8/2012 11:53:40 PM
Halo 3 is still my favorite Halo...
---
FC White: Claire 3267 4946 2393
#67AtomicPenguin76Posted 11/8/2012 11:59:09 PM
rubthetip posted...
Halo 3 was the last true Halo. It's multiplayer pushed the gameplay limits as far as it could without completely ruining the integrity of the game. Reach/ODST/Halo 4 are what 15 years olds think Halo is (because they weren't around for the original trilogy), so naturally all the new gamebreaking perks/upgrades/weapons/garbage maps seem amazing to them. It's also edgy for them to trash CoD because it's popular and has multiplayer that is actually fun and works.

Reach was the only Halo I've actually loved, and my kids are older than 15.

The only reason anybody goes on about the old games is because of nostalgia for how great of a time they had then. They weren't that great, there just wasn't anything else really like it if you were only playing games on a console at the time.
#68Brandonkillen22Posted 11/9/2012 12:01:28 AM
I dunno...I've been playing since CE and I still hold 2 at the top MP wise...never glitched in the online multiplayer unless it was just my friends....but what it really boiled down to is that I just got halo 2...I was really good at it, and I just feel like I'm not nearly as good at any other halo so it's always gonna feel the best to me bc I did the best in it. So when I rank the halo games based solely on MP it's:
2, 4, CE, reach, 3

Single player

CE (bc it was the first and it was the game which sold me on Xbox), 4, reach, odst, 2, 3.

Of course this is just my opinion...so it really doesn't matter what I rank them to anyone but me.
#69MegaTape13Posted 11/9/2012 12:11:35 AM
Halo 3 has been my favorite ever since it came out :\

I could never really get into Reach, and although this game plays pretty well and is pretty fun, the lack of maps/gametypes (especially multiteam) is REALLY dragging it down for me.
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13
#70SythisTaruPosted 11/9/2012 12:30:33 AM
Halo 3 just didn't have much hype around it. It would have been most hyped game of all time if Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare hadn't been released earlier that year and surprised everyone with it's multiplayer.