DMR needs a hard nerf

#11That1GuyyPosted 11/8/2012 10:23:01 PM
I think it's worth noting that, realistically, people who main the AR tend not to strafe at all.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#12MetaIGearRexPosted 11/8/2012 10:26:13 PM
The AR should beat a precision weapon... That's what's going on in here?

Has anyone played a halo game before, so many dumb posts.
#13Silent RavenPosted 11/8/2012 10:29:06 PM
They each seem to have their niche. I prefer the DMR on maps with longer ranges, I call it the "Assist-O Matic" as the guys with the BRs tend to 'clean up' my kills, but I'll take it over a empty death.

BRs bullet spread can help in a fight, because it only takes 1 bullet to hit the head to kill them (without shields).

In a 1 on 1 fight against a BR user of equal skill at close range, I more often than not lose with a DMR, sometimes I get lucky or get backup.

The Carbine ruins people's days in the hallways on Adrift, though it has a lot more kick when you're scoped in and being shot, but you can drown people in bullets. Similar to the Magnum, but you got way more dakka with the Carbine. I was a trend setter in a couple of oddball games on Haven using the Carbine and AR. Next game, everyone had bought or made a class with the Carbine in it.

AR is great at up to mid range, but then it becomes a thing of diminishing returns. AR is best closer in, and will chum most bad guys though melee should be a last resort.

The Suppressor is KING at shredding guys up close. You get them at Reach Shotgun range-that's their ass and all the jinking from all the MLG players in the world won't save them.
---
Believe.
#14SterlingFoxPosted 11/8/2012 10:38:48 PM(edited)
That1Guyy posted...
SterlingFox posted...
Oh idiots. Not even fun to talk to you folks anymore.

Because having different opinions makes people idiots.

Its very clear that you don't know what an opinion is. Because this is not a situation in which opinions apply.

Its not an opinion that a game is balanced when one gun is completely inferior to another gun, because that is a false statement that demonstrates an ignorance of what balance is. Balance means that you can select any primary weapon and defeat every other primary weapon with it in some form or another.

So no, having a different opinion doesn't make somebody stupid. I understand that you're reading the "gamefaqs arguments for dummies" handbook and pulling generic responses straight from there, but we're talking about something that isn't entirely subjective so it doesn't apply. You can't say "In my opinion, uneven gameplay is balanced" (Which is what you're doing? I guess?) because its just not true.

More to the point, what does make someone an idiot is when someone, such as yourself, doesn't know what balance or opinions actually are but then they claim they do and proceed to make their ignorance obvious.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#15ajko000Posted 11/8/2012 10:33:07 PM
InvalidMod posted...
BR and Ar are onyl good at mid and close range while the DMR is on par with them at those ranges and is better at far range

Um... what? I've noticed no differences with all 4 precision weapons. It's not the DMR, it's you.

For the record, I use the Carbine, because it's the most cost efficient gun, and my personal list goes like this:

Carbine
BR
DMR
LR

I actually like how the DMR in this game behaves like a precision weapon, unlike in Reach where it shot around the enemy rather than at them, but I put the BR over it because I trust it more, and I have more experience with it. Otherwise it's a matter of whether or not you prefer single shot or triple shot. Light Rifles are the best of both worlds, and Carbines are the bomb in this game.
---
Nothing to see here, but the post below me sure looks suspicious.
#16HeartlessCharmsPosted 11/8/2012 10:33:23 PM
Just to clear all of this up I'll post this.
AR is for bads. It shouldn't be as strong as the BR or DMR.
BR is for Vets of the series. Needs a slight buff.
DMR is for pros. Perfect as it is.
---
Why are you comparing this to a game that came out on gamecube?? -GoogleMeBaby in regards to Super Smash Bros 64
#17SLOPPYYYYYYYYYYPosted 11/8/2012 10:33:52 PM
so much bad ITT
---
XBL: s9 Sloppy Twitter: @BJMoulton
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxNhLlXaQMY my 2nd reach montage!
#18TwilightPlaguePosted 11/8/2012 10:35:23 PM
The issue of the DMR is that it's too OP against the other two long range weapons. That's why it needs to be nerfed
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where the whiners hide and the flamers enjoy a nice meal of tearing your jugular out. Enjoy the stay :)
#19ajko000Posted 11/8/2012 10:37:08 PM
jakethenoob posted...
No they just need to make the Carbine and BR a bit better. Make Carbine 1 less shot and get rid of BR recoil.

If the Carbine was 1 less shot it'd be even more OP than it is now.

I use the Carbine all the time, and I absolutely destroy.

Perhaps it's not the Carbine, just me?

My personal preferences and my skill with this series have come together to form a god :3.
---
Nothing to see here, but the post below me sure looks suspicious.
#20InYourWalls1Posted 11/8/2012 10:44:16 PM(edited)
SterlingFox posted...
That1Guyy posted...
SterlingFox posted...
Oh idiots. Not even fun to talk to you folks anymore.

Because having different opinions makes people idiots.

Its very clear that you don't know what an opinion is. Because this is not a situation in which opinions apply.

Its not an opinion that a game is balanced when one gun is completely inferior to another gun, because that is a false statement that demonstrates an ignorance of what balance is. Balance means that you can select any primary weapon and defeat every other primary weapon with it in some form or another.

And in the case of Halo, the AR isn't suitable as a primary weapon. Mid-range, 'utility' weapons are an important part of the balance because they allow you to adequately defend yourself in all situations. This ensures that power weapons aren't overwhelmingly powerful and can be beat by a person provided he has the skill (think back to how horrible SMG starts in Halo 2 were if you were playing skilled players). Mid-range weapons also take skill to use, so are better for skill-based gameplay than an AR would be. So since this is the way Halo was balanced (the suggestion here being mid-range weapons are a necessary part of its balance) the AR really can't qualify as a primary weapon under your criteria.

It's more of a specialized, backup weapon for use when you get the drop on someone or if you run out of ammo

BTW I've heard the AR is pretty decent up-close in this game, maybe you just need to work on your strafe and step your game up.
---
GT: X F4ktoR