Dear Halo Reach Critics...

#31harvthamarvPosted 11/9/2012 8:23:43 AM
The maps were absolutely horrendous. Sword Base is an abomination.
---
"Essflawcondodgeckindesimudstorliketersockity"
#32StraightCirclePosted 11/9/2012 8:24:36 AM
Oh TC these boards will never understand, but you're not alone
---
-StraightCircle-
#33Soc1alBadKidPosted 11/9/2012 8:29:22 AM
JustThink1st posted...
TC, truth: There is an odd phenomenon with Halos that everyone, including hardcore halo fans, must hate them. When Halo 3 came out everyone bleeping hated it and you all know it. All the Halo fans said it sucked compared to 2 which they had played to death and the noobs got roasted on the reg since it wasn't an easy baby game like call of duty where you could be really good in about 15 minutes. Now it's the paragon of Halo?? It's crazy and weird. Fact is Reach was a great game overall that some of the "MP I'm a pro nazis" hated because it wasn't 2 or 3...which they said they never like either. Moral of the story, makes no sense, don't worry about it.

Not everyone feels that way. I loved CE. Then really loved Halo 2. Then was blown away by the graphics upgrade for the 360 for Halo 3. And loved the game.

Then ODST came out...yikes what a piece of crap that was.
Then Reach came out...I hated it from Day one and I am a hardcore halo nut, but I could not bring myself to play it enough. In the two years of its run, I only had enough credits to rank up to a Colonel.

Halo 3 alone I played over 9000 MP games, had probably 5 accounts that I would spend leveling as high as possible and start over. I enjoyed that.

I didn't mind it was different in Reach. But Reach just wasn't fun.

Halo 4 however...greatness x10.
#34tidusishiPosted 11/9/2012 8:31:31 AM
bloom and armor abilities were the worst decision to me. i mean they have them still now but at least you have to buy them. (even though its not hard to get them)
---
"My life for Aiur."
Hail To The Redskins!
#35LandonioPosted 11/9/2012 8:35:18 AM
Bad game? No.

Bad Halo game? Yes.

Although some aspects I actually did like better than H3. Like the netcode and it being hitscan.
---
ROLL TIDE
Playing:Halo 4
#36Soc1alBadKidPosted 11/9/2012 8:35:54 AM
tidusishi posted...
bloom and armor abilities were the worst decision to me. i mean they have them still now but at least you have to buy them. (even though its not hard to get them)

Yep, but even better is the fact the AA's are not overpowered this time around.

But...man how I hate getting killed by the needler this time around. Only 4 needles will kill you? Sucks.
#37yanksfan4247Posted 11/9/2012 8:44:45 AM(edited)
They made terrible decisions in multiplayer.

Nades that are nukes
Bloom on DMR and pistol slows the game down
5SK slows game down more
No melee bleed through slows the game down again
Etc
---
Drunk off PowerFAQs 1.10
GT: Mac Da Murderer
#38ish0turfac3Posted 11/9/2012 8:37:31 AM
So if someone posts negative criticism they are a troll?? Lol wow tc.
---
GT: ish0turfac3
"Democracy will cease to exist when money is taken from those who are willing to work and given to those who rather wouldn't."
#39The BeansterPosted 11/9/2012 8:44:06 AM
JustThink1st posted...
TC, truth: There is an odd phenomenon with Halos that everyone, including hardcore halo fans, must hate them. When Halo 3 came out everyone bleeping hated it and you all know it. All the Halo fans said it sucked compared to 2 which they had played to death and the noobs got roasted on the reg since it wasn't an easy baby game like call of duty where you could be really good in about 15 minutes. Now it's the paragon of Halo?? It's crazy and weird. Fact is Reach was a great game overall that some of the "MP I'm a pro nazis" hated because it wasn't 2 or 3...which they said they never like either. Moral of the story, makes no sense, don't worry about it.

Not really. It took me a while to adjust to Halo 2 after Halo 1, but I loved Halo 3 right from the start - I like Halo 3 better than Halo 2.

I'm also loving Halo 4 so far.

The only Halo I really didn't like was Reach. Nothing about that game is good, for a Halo game.
---
i7-2600k @ 4.8 Ghz | 2x MSI 7970 Lightning @ 1200/1800 | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Sleeping Dogs || GT: The Ownage
#40outcast1398Posted 11/9/2012 8:47:11 AM
Loved Reach's campaign, disliked mp... I consider it the worst of the mp. That's really not a stretch though given how good the previous mp were.

Something just felt "off" too me concerning mp. That's the only way I can explain it as I liked the general ideas they tried to implement.

H4 to me feels right and plays great.