Dear Halo Reach Critics...

#61lderivedxPosted 11/9/2012 10:09:26 AM
The fact that a game with one or two sequels was beating Reach in unique users means Reach was a joke.
#62MixorzPosted 11/9/2012 10:10:32 AM
Reach wasn't bad, I think the campaign was arguably the best in the series, and firefight was awesome.

MP was kind of frustrating though with OP AA's, inability to join mid game (,earning if two team mates left you were screwed and get penalized if you leave), bloom was a bad idea, and grenades were huge.

So I think what it was is that Reach's weakest point was the MP but that's what most people look forward to.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#63DarkshowersPosted 11/9/2012 10:27:17 AM
Reach Multiplayer - I agree with many of the points already made about the mediocre lackluster maps. A few of them were even just remakes of older Halo: CE and Halo 2 maps which shows Bungie was starting to get lazy. I agree about bloom and the broken armor lock and abilities that didn't work quite as well as they should have.

I will say though I liked Reach's multiplayer more than Halo 3 because we were constantly given new Forge maps. Sure they were bland with the same silver structures but at least they kept the game fresh. What I enjoyed the most about Reach's multiplayer were the Halo CE Anniversary maps and the modified pistol. While it wasn't Halo CE, it was still very enjoyable and I always have said the best Halo multiplayer experience is Halo CE over a LAN network which was the best way to play it back than.
#64metalclashPosted 11/9/2012 10:32:36 AM
The AA's influenced the gameplay way too much. I feel like Halo 4 has it right, it's more focused on gun action right now. The AA's I feel work proper now, they add to the game instead of control it.
---
i'm excited for customs in h4
#65windu3390Posted 11/9/2012 10:34:40 AM
I actually enjoyed the campaign a lot in Reach. I won't list all the issues I had with MP because they've been discussed to death in this topic and others but, to me at least, it was the MP that didn't deliver.
#66KurtHectic(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 10:37:29 AM
ish0turfac3 posted...
So if someone posts negative criticism they are a troll?? Lol wow tc.

No.

You can offer negative criticism, as long as it's CONSTRUCTIVE. However if someone offers negative criticism (i.e. saying "Reach sucked" just for the sole purpose of saying it sucks) or flaming others who liked reach, then yes I consider that trolling.

Satisfied?
#67yomamma297Posted 11/9/2012 11:01:43 AM
Predaking 2 posted...
yomamma297 posted...
I get that people are gonna have their own opinions regarding these things, but it truly baffles me how anybody can think that Reach is the best game in the series.

And for those that say only a minority of Gamefaqs users dislike Reach while it is almost universally liked outside of this website...you could not be anymore wrong. I know many people that refuse to buy Halo 4 because of how much they disliked Reach. Most of the people that I used to play Halo with gave up on Reach after a couple of weeks and moved onto other games.

Reach was not a bad game, but it was a VERY bad Halo game, if you know what I mean.

That's interesting.

So the ratings of 4.5 out of 5 from 47000 voters on the Reach dash indicates what exactly?

47,000 positive votes out of 9.24 million copies sold.

OMG everybody loves this game!!!

Those votes indicate that 47,000 people liked the game, and that's fine. There are thousands upon thousands that didn't like it. I don't really see how you can argue that many people did not like the game.
---
Go Dolphins, Heat and Marlins!
GT: shock297