Amazon sent me an extra LE Console

#1raw_meta4Posted 11/9/2012 11:45:46 AM
not really extra. I ordered it but i cancelled it as soon as they charged my card and then pushed back my delivery date to the 8th. I pressured them into releasing the hold on my account so i could get an immediate refund and then that same day(6th) i lucked up and bought the only LE console toys r us had. after I bought it. i got an email saying my bank accountwas in the negative and that amazon had charged my account again. I called Amazon and yelled at them,they told me i cancelled my 1st order but my second order had not been cancelled. I told them i didnt have a second order, I only had one that hadnt been shipped and that there should be notes on my account stating that i cancelled said order and that I was to be refunded. They apollogized about the extra charge, and that they could see the notes on my account and that they would refund my money immediately. They did. the next day however, when i got home from work, the console was sitting at my house. I checked my bank account and hadnt been charged, money had been refunded and i still have the amazon order here. obviously i dont need 2 halo consoles. and i dont think they know they sent it by mistake. ordinarily, i would keep this thing without hesitation, but idk.... should i keep it? if i keep it im going to sell it of course. but i dont wanna do anything just yet, just in case they realize their error and want it back. i havent even opened it yet. what do you guys think? i know what the ethical thing is to do, but im not exactly the most ethical person either so...lol
#2Pokemon_RockerPosted 11/9/2012 11:48:05 AM
Im in need of a new xbox, could you send to me? please? :)
---
GT- xSylent Warrior
#3DolemiteXPPosted 11/9/2012 11:49:50 AM
I'd say wait about a month. Besides the best time to sell it would be around Xmas time and if Amazon hasn't sent anything by then you should be in the clear. Unless however they have spies on this site and put 2 and 2 together...lol
---
Really don't want Obama for 4 more years but I refuse to vote for someone named after a type of glove....
#4P1_JakePosted 11/9/2012 11:49:56 AM
If you wouldnt mind may I have the extra LE code for the in game Fotus armor?
---
Gamertag: Mr Dante / PSN: Fr3ndly_F1R3
Youtube.com/P1Jake
#5DuwstaiPosted 11/9/2012 11:50:02 AM
Im in need of a new xbox, could you send to me? please? :)

no me give u 29 kisses
---
balls
#6Tomcat94Posted 11/9/2012 11:50:12 AM
Sell it!
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#7Scooby510Posted 11/9/2012 11:50:41 AM
give me the codes please
---
GT: Ayy Scooby
http://i.imgur.com/Tfwlr.jpg
#8DuwstaiPosted 11/9/2012 11:50:53 AM
can i have other codes any of the weapon skins?? pls
---
balls
#9Pokemon_RockerPosted 11/9/2012 11:51:35 AM
raw_meta4 posted...
not really extra. I ordered it but i cancelled it as soon as they charged my card and then pushed back my delivery date to the 8th. I pressured them into releasing the hold on my account so i could get an immediate refund and then that same day(6th) i lucked up and bought the only LE console toys r us had. after I bought it. i got an email saying my bank accountwas in the negative and that amazon had charged my account again. I called Amazon and yelled at them,they told me i cancelled my 1st order but my second order had not been cancelled. I told them i didnt have a second order, I only had one that hadnt been shipped and that there should be notes on my account stating that i cancelled said order and that I was to be refunded. They apollogized about the extra charge, and that they could see the notes on my account and that they would refund my money immediately. They did. the next day however, when i got home from work, the console was sitting at my house. I checked my bank account and hadnt been charged, money had been refunded and i still have the amazon order here. obviously i dont need 2 halo consoles. and i dont think they know they sent it by mistake. ordinarily, i would keep this thing without hesitation, but idk.... should i keep it? if i keep it im going to sell it of course. but i dont wanna do anything just yet, just in case they realize their error and want it back. i havent even opened it yet. what do you guys think? i know what the ethical thing is to do, but im not exactly the most ethical person either so...lol

But the correct thing to do would be to call them and let them know, then send it back
---
GT- xSylent Warrior
#10raw_meta4(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 11:51:54 AM
yeah, 'cause im in the habbit of giving things away for free. Im not amazon buddy. but seriously folks, if this has happened to anyone else before I'd value your input