Amazon sent me an extra LE Console

#41yomamma297Posted 11/9/2012 4:11:24 PM
I've definitely seen a very similar topic to this before.
---
Go Dolphins, Heat and Marlins!
GT: shock297
#42ilexukiPosted 11/9/2012 4:35:28 PM
you have to send it back or they are going to charge your account again. like others mentioned, it's not worth risking potential legal issues over it. it's up to you in the end, but just know that you may end up paying for it whether you sell it or keep it
---
The weak die out and the strong survive....which are you?
#43Kageblade23Posted 11/9/2012 4:47:49 PM
raw_meta4 posted...
yeah, 'cause im in the habbit of giving things away for free. Im not amazon buddy. but seriously folks, if this has happened to anyone else before I'd value your input

well this hasnt exactly happened to me although... (not the most ethical thing ive done) went to gamestop on the launch of RE6 bought SE strategy guide when the opened the night before i believe at like 10 or so she gave me the strategy guide after paying for it before the games release when i came back at about 12 to pickup Re6 the guy had asked me if i got the strategy guide not only had i told him that yes i had gotten it but, him me and the lady i purchased it from was chatting about it prior he then proceded to grab the game from the back a regular strategy guide and i watched him stick it in the bag he then proceeded to hand the bag to me and stamp my receipt saying i picked up said pre-ordered item and i then walked out iwth a free extra RE6 Sg its not a console or anything but i think its sorta relevant :)
#44bigybriPosted 11/9/2012 5:01:50 PM
Just curious here, how much would it cost to sent the LE 360 back, and who pays the return shipping cost? USPS's rates are off the chart high and a 360 is very heavy compared to most commerce.

I'd just resell it, since it is collectible.
---
The Infinite Improbability Drive is our New Hope
#45phantom_14Posted 11/9/2012 5:13:00 PM
If they ask for it, just say you never got it. If you sale it get cash only and don't deposit it in one go.
---
No Regrets!!!, Fight!!!, For happiness and a tomorrow.
http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=phantom14
#46NightDrifter05Posted 11/9/2012 5:21:46 PM
Coming from someone who was in a nearly identical situation (it was a game instead of a console) they WILL charge you for it if they don't have it back in a certain amount of time. I believe it was around 45 day's in my case but I can't exactly recall since it was nearly 2 years ago.
#47madetohealPosted 11/9/2012 5:30:23 PM
raw_meta4 posted...
yeah, 'cause im in the habbit of giving things away for free. Im not amazon buddy. but seriously folks, if this has happened to anyone else before I'd value your input

This has happened to me from amazon actually. Not with something as expensive as a game console though.

Send it back to amazon, dont be a crook.
#48liaofengPosted 11/9/2012 5:31:40 PM
Usually with stuff like this they just cut their losses and punish the guy who is responsible for sending it to you. Don't take that as gospel truth though, this is business after all and they cannot afford to be making losses like this, especially at peak time.

source: Amazon employee
---
I camp to get a high k/d, am i pro yet?
#49madetohealPosted 11/9/2012 5:35:35 PM
bigybri posted...
Just curious here, how much would it cost to sent the LE 360 back, and who pays the return shipping cost? USPS's rates are off the chart high and a 360 is very heavy compared to most commerce.

I'd just resell it, since it is collectible.

if you let amazon know, they'll pay the shipping. I've had to send things back twice on amazon's mistake. They even set it up to have UPS pick it up right from my door.
#50Satchmo25Posted 11/9/2012 5:37:02 PM
AgentGabeLogan posted...
I'm betting he doesnt really have an extra console (Or one for that matter) and hes just trolling you all. Well played

This was my first thought, but these things can and do happen.

Then I saw the post about him not signing for it and the delivery service just leaving it there. Definitely trolling, that's as fake as it gets.
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.