Amazon sent me an extra LE Console

#61metalclashPosted 11/12/2012 9:50:12 AM
Well, wait a month. If you don't get any notifications keep it.
---
i'm excited for customs in h4
#62MrStyPosted 11/13/2012 2:23:25 AM
fiasco86 posted...
MVNeo posted...
I only read the OP, but if a corporation sends you something, it's yours. Don't let anybody tell you you're stealing it by keeping it or some BS.

> Implying that because the error was made by the corporation he isn't stealing

He's not stealing. They gave it to him. Stop being so dramatic.
---
I know your roomie is supposedly in MLG and supposedly has a g/f who is supposedly a fox. I have no patience for bestiality... - Krazylegz
#63MyBRbackfiredPosted 11/13/2012 2:29:32 AM
All I saw in that post, was your account was negative. That's sad. A couple hundred dollars on an Xbox and you have no money left.........

You live at home with mom and dad?
---
GT- IfIWinUGetRecon or My BR backfired
#64SolidStryderPosted 11/13/2012 2:58:53 AM
MyBRbackfired posted...
All I saw in that post, was your account was negative. That's sad. A couple hundred dollars on an Xbox and you have no money left.........

You live at home with mom and dad?

How much money should he have in his account? TC said he bought bought the console in store, and was charged for 2 consoles through amazon. Do you even have a job? Basement dweller FTL.
#65MyBRbackfiredPosted 11/13/2012 3:44:33 AM
I own my own house. And my bank account wouldn't be empty purchasing a gaming console. Tc should save money for more important things than videogames.
---
GT- IfIWinUGetRecon or My BR backfired
#66MrStyPosted 11/13/2012 6:23:28 AM
MyBRbackfired posted...
I own my own house. And my bank account wouldn't be empty purchasing a gaming console. Tc should save money for more important things than videogames.

ITP: if you live paycheck to paycheck than you shouldn't be allowed to spend money on hobbies.
---
I know your roomie is supposedly in MLG and supposedly has a g/f who is supposedly a fox. I have no patience for bestiality... - Krazylegz
#67Majin LegacyPosted 11/13/2012 6:39:01 AM
MrSty posted...
Go alpha. Sell it.

On Amazon.

i lol'd

+1 though
#68StarScream1215Posted 11/13/2012 6:42:15 AM
Wether you signed for it or not, you got it. One, that doesn't make you safe. Two, amazon is a large company...I'm pretty sure their resources for prosecution exceed yours if they need them two. Three, Karma's a ***** dude, don't jack with it. Four, no matter what way you slice it, anything other than returning it is fraud and theft.

And think about it this way, doing stuff like keeping/selling it like you're considering is what raises the prices on ALL of us.

Do the right thing....don't be THAT guy, you're better than that...
---
Yes, jumping off cliff good idea, get to ground faster -Merc Thug (SW: KOTOR II)
#69XImperialDragonPosted 11/13/2012 7:03:53 AM(edited)
but seriously folks, if this has happened to anyone else before I'd value your input

They've done this to me multiple times before, know what they did? Absolutely nothing.

They're not going to prosecute you because the worth of the item, quite frankly, isn't high enough.

You don't have to send the item back. You are, however, legally obliged to allow them (or a third party) to come collect the item, whatever condition it may be in. Until you refuse to allow them to collect it, this is civil, not theft. Period. Everyone saying that they're going to threaten prosecution, etc., don't know what they're talking about, least of all considering who would sue over the cost of an item that cheap.

The number one thing to remember is: Because until they send someone to your home to pick up the item (you do not have to lift a finger in this respect) and that would probably cost them a solid portion of the item (driving wage, fuel, etc., notwithstanding having a third party get it. Police will get the item, but someone still has to come pick it up from the station), there's no way in hell they'll actually do any of that.
---
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo DS. In this game, you set your DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.
#70JonnyBoyFFPosted 11/13/2012 6:52:19 AM
As someone who used to work in online retail, I can tell you that they know that you have the Xbox, and that you owe them money. That being said, there's not much they can do about it, save for blacklist your account (and IP, shipping address, etc.).

They're probably too busy to contact you about it, but if they pull up your account for any reason, there's a good chance that they'll notice the discrepancy. Of course, the customer service rep probably wont do anything about it unless you make their day difficult.
---
Life's too short to hate! Let's band together!
Become immortal Before it's too late!