Going to get flamed but...

#1Caolan_2k9Posted 11/9/2012 11:54:51 AM
I find the story and the cutscenes in halo 4 incredibly interesting and detailed, my favourite halo story by quite a bit, but the gameplay in between the cutscenes just feels like a drag...
#2Damien 5000Posted 11/9/2012 11:56:15 AM
I don't disagree with you at all.
---
Everything feels better fresh out of the dryer. Even death would be nicer if it was dryer fresh.
-UnitOmega010
#3ExtraspectrePosted 11/9/2012 11:57:22 AM(edited)
The Promethean parts are pretty bad (because they are not fun to fight). The rest was decent.
---
Gamefaqs: The most passive aggressive place on the internet.
#4SnuffSevenfoldXPosted 11/9/2012 11:57:17 AM
I partially agree. Although overall the game is a big improvement, they haven't quite escaped Bungie's pretty mediocre level design curse. Too many "Activate these three buttons" sections, but the set pieces etc are better than ever, just the meat and potatoes, if you will, that lets it down.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watchfeature=player_embedded&v=cJbTyFzqZu0
#5ExtraspectrePosted 11/9/2012 11:58:16 AM
SnuffSevenfoldX posted...
I partially agree. Although overall the game is a big improvement, they haven't quite escaped Bungie's pretty mediocre level design curse. Too many "Activate these three buttons" sections, but the set pieces etc are better than ever, just the meat and potatoes, if you will, that lets it down.

I still love the level design for being so wide and open.
---
Gamefaqs: The most passive aggressive place on the internet.
#6Caolan_2k9(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 12:01:45 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one, the multiplayer however, I could and will be playing it for a very long time.
#7Damien 5000Posted 11/9/2012 12:02:25 PM
I guess I'll go into more detail. I actually really enjoyed everything I was doing, until Prometheans showed up. The first time I fought them, I had this feeling of "Oh, crap, what are they?" which is what 343 intended. But after that level, I thought that'd be the end of it, and I wouldn't see them for a while.

Nope. Been in ever level since. And I hate them. The wolf things aren't bad, because you can headshot them. But the Knights are just exhausting. You pump whole magazines in them, then they teleport away.
---
Everything feels better fresh out of the dryer. Even death would be nicer if it was dryer fresh.
-UnitOmega010
#8CaptainLukaPosted 11/9/2012 12:03:14 PM
I don't disagree at all. I think the story in this one is great. It's wonderful to see character development with John outside of the books. Maybe 343 will take this series in a direction that doesn't have a hollow protagonist.
---
My spell check just had a mental breakdown...
#9joey11223Posted 11/9/2012 12:04:46 PM
Extraspectre posted...
The Promethean parts are pretty bad (because they are not fun to fight). The rest was decent.

this IMO. The prometheans are more challenging than covies but I didn't find as interesting to fight, I think a combination of a lack of variety (though in fairness there are only 4 variants of the covies) and the fact it doesn't seem as interesting to fight machines, even if they are technically not just robots.

Despite some people finding them repetitive and annoying, I personally like the flood and would like to see them make a come back in Halo 5 and/or 6.
#10AyumiSqueezetoyPosted 11/9/2012 12:04:51 PM
Damien 5000 posted...
Nope. Been in ever level since. And I hate them. The wolf things aren't bad, because you can headshot them. But the Knights are just exhausting. You pump whole magazines in them, then they teleport away.

Did you mess around with some different tactics?
Like shotguns >_>
---
Nov 6 - the Reclamation Begins!
Halo 4 - less than one week =O (nvm, got it >_> )