Never get married before 30.
---
XBOX LIVE: C0IN
PSN: KOIN2
#13High_WarlordPosted 11/9/2012 7:56:26 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6ocjglvuE1rarrc6o1_500.gif

Just so you know, TC.
---
A human mage, elf archer and dwarf warrior walk into a bar.
Now loading, please wait...
#14MaliciousMongoPosted 11/9/2012 8:00:03 PM
I SWEAR I remember Halo 2 coming out like it was yesterday and though I was pretty excited for it at the time, I still can remember a few distinct things:

a) Sure, the fact that Halo's addictive multiplayer was finally online accessible was HUGE for the time, but I specifically remember while everyone else was worshipping the pedestal it sat on, I thought that Halo 2 was actually WEAKER than the original in terms of the single-player, story, weapons balancing, and maps. The ONLY significant thing it brought to the table was--again--online multiplayer.
b) Because of those aforementioned reasons and/or gripes, Halo 2, to this day, remains my least favorite Halo game and also the only one that I've only finished the campaign ONCE (except Halo 4 but it's only been out a few days).
c) I was a HUGE MGS fan at the time (still am) and my personal anticipation for MGS3 just managed to overshadow my hype for Halo 2.
d) 2004 saw a HUGE surge of AAA game releases. IIRC, Half-Life 2, GTA: San Andreas, Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal, and uhh...Metroid Prime 2(?) all came out during that 4th quarter Holiday season. Also, the Nintendo DS released to lukewarm reception before it completely took off.
---
"[The name] Dreamcast makes me think of rainbows and males kissing." - HollowPinky on Nintendo's console name change to Wii
#15akanakinPosted 11/9/2012 8:03:00 PM
Nice Coheed & Cambria reference, OP.

I just saw them live a few weeks ago.
---
[[[|||||]]][[[[[]]]]This is confusion.[[[||||||]]][[[[[]]]||||
]]][[[||||]]][[[||Am I confusing you?]]]]][[[[|||[[[[]]]]]
#16Satellite_YearsPosted 11/9/2012 8:04:29 PM
MarkGasoreo23 posted...
8 years ago today Halo 2 was released. It changed the way I played games. 8 years later how come no game excites me the same way that game did? H4 is great and all but for some reason I still long for the days of 1 flag CTF on Zanzibar and classic CTF on Coagulation and hell ANYTHING on Lockout. I spent probably a solid year and a half playing Halo 2 every single day... H3, ODST, and Reach were all shelved after a month and now I fear H4 may have the same fate. I have gotten my hopes up that every Halo release since 2 would return that amazing feeling of 2 to me, but so far all have failed.

Just looking back 8 years at where my life was when I was playing Halo 2 has got me reflecting on my mortality. 8 years ago I was a youthful, happy, optimistic 16 year old. I had hopes, dreams and an amazing group of friends and now I feel like I've lost myself. I'm in my mid 20's now, out of college, married to someone whom I grow to resent more and more everyday, working at a desk job that has leeched the soul out of me, never get to see any of my friends who are living out the same nightmare and honestly think if I got trampled by a semi tomorrow it would save me from the rest of my pitiful life. I miss Halo 2 and everything it represented in my life. If only I could turn back the time...

I will leave you with this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Yp3sxC7oVhk

godspeed
#17KazamA87Posted 11/9/2012 8:06:05 PM
^^this guy beat me to it, nice Time Consumer referance
#18DeftallicaPosted 11/9/2012 8:13:43 PM
Wow. I didn't care for Halo 2 at all.

Also sounds like you need to work on your marriage.
---
GT: Deftallica
SC2: Deftallica Code: 529
#19PharoahPelicanPosted 11/9/2012 8:16:07 PM
MarkGasoreo23 posted...
8 years ago today Halo 2 was released. It changed the way I played games. 8 years later how come no game excites me the same way that game did? H4 is great and all but for some reason I still long for the days of 1 flag CTF on Zanzibar and classic CTF on Coagulation and hell ANYTHING on Lockout. I spent probably a solid year and a half playing Halo 2 every single day... H3, ODST, and Reach were all shelved after a month and now I fear H4 may have the same fate. I have gotten my hopes up that every Halo release since 2 would return that amazing feeling of 2 to me, but so far all have failed.

Just looking back 8 years at where my life was when I was playing Halo 2 has got me reflecting on my mortality. 8 years ago I was a youthful, happy, optimistic 16 year old. I had hopes, dreams and an amazing group of friends and now I feel like I've lost myself. I'm in my mid 20's now, out of college, married to someone whom I grow to resent more and more everyday, working at a desk job that has leeched the soul out of me, never get to see any of my friends who are living out the same nightmare and honestly think if I got trampled by a semi tomorrow it would save me from the rest of my pitiful life. I miss Halo 2 and everything it represented in my life. If only I could turn back the time...

At least you got married and have friends. I went through college, tried my best to have a social life, failed miserably, and now I can't even land a job that isn't a POS minimum wage thing that I could have done if I had dropped out of high school, and because I went to college I have so much debt that I can't even move out on my own at 23 years old. Be thankful for what you have.
---
I do not aim with my hand, I aim with my eye. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#20superhPosted 11/9/2012 8:17:57 PM
screw 8 years ago.... more like 180 years ago! Live in the wild west :p
---
"Magic doesn't exist? Oh really, then explain magic tricks you nimwit."
-Dax Flame