"God grants you one wish... To turn back the time..." 8 years ago today ='(

#31Satellite_YearsPosted 11/9/2012 9:09:05 PM
MaliciousMongo posted...

d) 2004 saw a HUGE surge of AAA game releases. IIRC, Half-Life 2, GTA: San Andreas, Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal, and uhh...Metroid Prime 2(?) all came out during that 4th quarter Holiday season. Also, the Nintendo DS released to lukewarm reception before it completely took off.

2004 ruled, everything you mentioned plus
Metal Gear Solid 3
Paper Mario TTYD
Minish Cap
Fable
KOTOR 2
WoW
Sly 2
Jak 3
Pikmin 2
Ninja Gaiden
Viewiful Joe 2

That was the first year I actually had a solid disposable income and I spent so much $$$ on games. Though most of my time went to Halo 2 and WoW.

Also, I'm not entirely sure it is just nostalgia, I was 22 at the time and had played pc games like counterstrike, tribes, rainbow six 3 etc. but Halo 2 was a different beast. I fully admit the campaign is easily the worst of the series but the multiplayer is by far the best IMO. I cannot remember a single map I didn't like, except maybe waterworks. I cannot even remember a single map name from halo 3 and on except for Guardian. There is a reason people get so excited for Halo 2 map remakes.
#32PharoahPelicanPosted 11/9/2012 9:20:31 PM
MarkGasoreo23 posted...
PharoahPelican posted...

At least you got married and have friends. I went through college, tried my best to have a social life, failed miserably, and now I can't even land a job that isn't a POS minimum wage thing that I could have done if I had dropped out of high school, and because I went to college I have so much debt that I can't even move out on my own at 23 years old. Be thankful for what you have.

I sympathize. Though you may not be able to understand because you are not married, it is probably the biggest mistake I have made in my life, literally the only positive is there are no children yet who would suffer because of our marital problems. While technically I have friends, I never actually see them (maybe once or twice a year), we are all spread out and hardly keep in contact anymore and I assume eventually out of sight means out of mind and we will grow more and more distant. Also I don't know your situation with your family and while I probably would not want to move back in with my parents, I am states away from them and my brother now and I miss them something fierce. I also am right there with you on the debt and I cannot quit my miserable job because I have to pay back loans for the next 15-20 years.

I can see where that sucks but the fact that you have/had friends and are married leads me to believe that you had at least a normal life. Mine is been far below normal, and being completely alone with family and XBL being my only social interaction for 23 years is horrible. Basically the best years of my life are over and I because I'm a loser they sucked. So I have all the crap of being an adult to look forward to with none of the fun things in the past that you can reflect on.
---
I do not aim with my hand, I aim with my eye. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#33Satellite_YearsPosted 11/9/2012 9:21:14 PM
JohnWall32 posted...
I'm just glad the highlight of my teen years wasn't playing video games...didn't start this hobby until my 20's.

I did other stuff but somehow I don't have the same fond memories of that stuff that I do with gaming. Playing soccer in high school because my parents made me, kissing the my best friends girlfriend's ugly sister, throwing up bicardi and sausage pizza in my friends parents bathroom and smoking terribly rolled joints with my brother doesn't really hold up to 4 player battle royals in WCW/NWO Revenge. Then again I'm a huge loser. But what was the highlight of your adolescence?
#34digitalwill2000Posted 11/9/2012 9:21:36 PM
Well he doesnt exist so he couldnt do that
---
Internet Troll = Someone who attempts to aggravate online.
GameFaqs Troll = Anyone with an opinion...
#35Yuji_IkaidoPosted 11/9/2012 9:22:19 PM
There is no god.

Stop living in the past.

Move on with your life.

Cherish what you have.

/thread
---
Pokemon Black FC: 2452 2468 3702
#36awesomephatmanPosted 11/10/2012 2:43:14 AM
Yuji_Ikaido posted...
There is no god.

Stop living in the past.

Move on with your life.

Cherish what you have.

/thread

I'm sorry, but who are you to say there is no god? There is definitely a god.

I'm sorry to hear that, TC. When I read that you had growing resentment towards your wife, that's something that I would prioritize as working on.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/tinyraptor
I was floating in a peaceful sea, rescued by a sinking ship
#37ParaSpartanPosted 11/10/2012 2:46:21 AM
awesomephatman posted...

Who are you to say that there definitely is?

See how such definite statements are dumb on both ends?

Much better to just never, ever, bring it up.
---
~~SUPER SONIC FIGHTER~~
Sonic the Hedgehog FTW!
#38LinkIsSpartanPosted 11/10/2012 2:48:15 AM
OP, people grow up. The reason why Halo 2 was so exciting was because you were much younger and you were playing a halo game with the rest of the world for the first time in the series. Seriously, i can imagine EVERYONE playing halo 2 during its peak and having fun just based on those facts - internet gaming on consoles were new and Halo was a killer game. Excitement dies down. I remember having halo 3 for the first time. My eyes were gleaming and i had no complaints ...a few years later and i dont really care for it anymore, i had a poker face during the entire campaign.
---
Understand, Man is not a machine - he needs a surface, a purpose and a reason of being.
#39awesomephatmanPosted 11/10/2012 2:48:38 AM
ParaSpartan posted...
awesomephatman posted...

Who are you to say that there definitely is?

See how such definite statements are dumb on both ends?

Much better to just never, ever, bring it up.

No, because I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he exists. I have experienced him on a personal level.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/tinyraptor
I was floating in a peaceful sea, rescued by a sinking ship
#40ParaSpartanPosted 11/10/2012 2:53:04 AM
awesomephatman posted...
No, because I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he exists. I have experienced him on a personal level.

So people that do not believe should just take your word for it?

Look, it is all a matter of belief. You believe that your personal experience proves the existence of your God. Yuji clearly does not share your belief and instead believes that a God does not exist.

Neither beliefs are facts. They are beliefs. Please understand, for my sanity.
---
~~SUPER SONIC FIGHTER~~
Sonic the Hedgehog FTW!