"God grants you one wish... To turn back the time..." 8 years ago today ='(

#41CrashDividePosted 11/10/2012 3:58:11 AM(edited)
This thread is too depressing to have read through while drunk.

This song is totally relevant: Horizon - Assemblage 23

Hours,
Spiral and coil into black,
Some remembered, some forever gone.

Tragic,
We never get them all back,
The relentless march of time must still go on.

The tide is turning,
Horizons burning,
Your days are numbered,
Your future has crumbled.

Forgotten,
Events obscured by the past,
Without remembrance, did they occur at all?

Losing,
At best a tenuous grasp,
And nothing below us to the fall.

The tide is turning,
Horizons burning,
Your days are numbered,

Imagine,
What moments hose last hours hold,
Things we missed that might have changed our lives.

Stranded,
With no way to get home,
The light around us starting to subside.

The tide is turning,
Horizons burning,
Your days are numbered,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysXvuLbAlc8

---
GT: Restless Corpse
#42awesomephatmanPosted 11/10/2012 3:55:20 AM
ParaSpartan posted...
awesomephatman posted...
No, because I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he exists. I have experienced him on a personal level.

So people that do not believe should just take your word for it?

Look, it is all a matter of belief. You believe that your personal experience proves the existence of your God. Yuji clearly does not share your belief and instead believes that a God does not exist.

Neither beliefs are facts. They are beliefs. Please understand, for my sanity.

It's not just that I believe. It's that because I am a man, and I know the Bible is true, I know other people can experience God on a personal level too.

Again it's not just a belief. It's that God changed my heart, and gave me a joy that I previously didn't have. He gave me the gift of the Holy Spirit that I can feel on a spiritual level.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/tinyraptor
I was floating in a peaceful sea, rescued by a sinking ship
#43totheend300Posted 11/10/2012 3:58:27 AM
awesomephatman posted...
ParaSpartan posted...
awesomephatman posted...
I'm sorry, but who are you to say there is no god? There is definitely a god.

Who are you to say that there definitely is?

See how such definite statements are dumb on both ends?

Much better to just never, ever, bring it up.

No, because I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he exists. I have experienced him on a personal level.

Yeah, and I saw Santa Claus put presents under the tree when I was younger. I am now a Santa Clausian and really think Heaven is the South Pole. I had a personal experience with Santa so it makes my beliefs legitimate, therefore no one can question me. Right?
---
Life is a beach.
#44awesomephatmanPosted 11/10/2012 4:00:02 AM
totheend300 posted...
Yeah, and I saw Santa Claus put presents under the tree when I was younger. I am now a Santa Clausian and really think Heaven is the South Pole. I had a personal experience with Santa so it makes my beliefs legitimate, therefore no one can question me. Right?

Hahaha. We both know you're just making that up, though.
---
#45ParaSpartanPosted 11/10/2012 4:07:05 AM(edited)
awesomephatman posted...
It's not just that I believe. It's that because I am a man, and I know the Bible is true, I know other people can experience God on a personal level too.

Again it's not just a belief. It's that God changed my heart, and gave me a joy that I previously didn't have. He gave me the gift of the Holy Spirit that I can feel on a spiritual level.

And that is something that has happened to you and many others like you but not the entirety of humanity. For a God to exist it means that it is something that applies to all of reality, not just to a portion that believe and are certain that it exists.

We are back to the issues of talking in definite terms.

Not everyone has/will have what you believe is a personal knowledge that a God exists and so therefore the existence of God cannot be a definite truth.

At the same time, not everyone has/will have a lack of what they believe to be a personal knowledge that a God exists and so therefore the non-existence of God cannot be a definite truth either.

With current substantiated evidence, no one can rightfully claim that a God exists or does not exist. All matters of the existence of a God are currently personal beliefs and are neither correct or incorrect.

Both your insistence that a God exists and others' insistence that a God does not exist actively disprove each others' claims. Until all believe or none believe, through the discovery of conclusive evidence, a God cannot be said to either exist or not exist.

Religious conflict and conquest now makes a whole lot of sense eh?
---
~~SUPER SONIC FIGHTER~~
Sonic the Hedgehog FTW!
#46totheend300Posted 11/10/2012 4:04:48 AM
awesomephatman posted...
totheend300 posted...

Right, but that's what an atheist thinks when he/she reads about your experience. Religion is a choice and you don't need to share it with everybody in the world. I prefer milk chocolate over dark chocolate but I don't feel the need to convince dark chocolate lovers to convert to milk chocolate loving. They are YOUR beliefs so keep them to yourself. I've had a lot of people try to convince me of God and it only makes me resentful so save your posts and let this topic move back to this poor TC.
---
Life is a beach.
#47awesomephatmanPosted 11/10/2012 4:04:59 AM
ParaSpartan posted...
And that is something that has happened to you and man others like you but not the entirety of humanity. For a God to exist it means that it is something that applies to all of reality, not just to a portion that believe and are certain that it exists.

We are back to the issues of talking in definite terms.

Not everyone has/will have what you believe is a personal knowledge that a God exists and so therefore the existence of God cannot be a definite truth.

Well of course it hasn't happened to everyone. Not everyone chooses to accept God's gift.
---
#48xninjagrrlPosted 11/10/2012 4:08:26 AM
I'm in the same boat. Halo 2 mp was amazing and nothing has come close since. I have a theory that I overdosed in halo 2 and that killed mp for me but for 8 years? No way. Second guess is that halo 2 mp was fresh and innovative and everything since has been generic? I know COD mp has dominated and I never could get into it. What else have people played? Gears? Maybe a little. Sports games? Meh not my style . It's a mystery alright.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#49awesomephatmanPosted 11/10/2012 4:12:09 AM(edited)
totheend300 posted...
awesomephatman posted...
totheend300 posted...

Right, but that's what an atheist thinks when he/she reads about your experience. Religion is a choice and you don't need to share it with everybody in the world. I prefer milk chocolate over dark chocolate but I don't feel the need to convince dark chocolate lovers to convert to milk chocolate loving. They are YOUR beliefs so keep them to yourself. I've had a lot of people try to convince me of God and it only makes me resentful so save your posts and let this topic move back to this poor TC.

By that logic no one would share with anyone about anything. No one would share about what games they liked. Discussion would be fruitless.

How else is the truth going to spread? Sometimes, we need to be informed of the truth by other people. Do we need to see something first-hand to know it's true? No, there are experts in various topics of the world that we can read on Wikipedia, and in history books, etc. and due to their credibility we can know things to be true. If you don't trust anyone with anything, you'll have an extremely small spectrum of things you know to be true.

Edit: I'll also say, I'm not trying to convince you of anything. By all means, believe what you want to believe.
---
#50iXCelticXiPosted 11/10/2012 4:15:15 AM
awesomephatman posted...
ParaSpartan posted...
awesomephatman posted...

So people that do not believe should just take your word for it?

Look, it is all a matter of belief. You believe that your personal experience proves the existence of your God. Yuji clearly does not share your belief and instead believes that a God does not exist.

Neither beliefs are facts. They are beliefs. Please understand, for my sanity.

It's kind of funny how hard it is, when it comes to this sort of thing, to differentiate the folks who are trolling from the folks who actually believe some bastard got two of everything and shoved 'em on a boat.
---
LoL IGN: TA HumblePie.
Formerly GreedyCowPuncher, Support Main.