"God grants you one wish... To turn back the time..." 8 years ago today ='(

#61awesomephatmanPosted 11/10/2012 4:49:57 AM
ParaSpartan posted...
God can be experienced first-hand, perhaps, but has not by a significant portion of humanity. This is not a matter of people ignoring a stimuli that would lead them towards experiencing a God first-hand, it just simply hasn't happened for everyone like you believe it has happened for you.

Well, I already responded to this. I said "Well of course it hasn't happened to everyone. Not everyone chooses to accept God's gift."

Both those who believe in God and those who do not simply have beliefs, not universal truths, behind their sentiments. Neither is incorrect nor correct..

We haven't really come full circle, because the matter is much deeper than that. Some of it has to do with what the most likely truth behind our world is, something that CS Lewis explores well in Mere Christianity. I recommend reading it if you're ever curious about a more in-depth look at why we Christians believe what we believe.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/tinyraptor
I was floating in a peaceful sea, rescued by a sinking ship
#62djwagonPosted 11/10/2012 5:59:15 AM
awesomephatman posted...
ParaSpartan posted...
awesomephatman posted...
No, because I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he exists. I have experienced him on a personal level.

So people that do not believe should just take your word for it?

Look, it is all a matter of belief. You believe that your personal experience proves the existence of your God. Yuji clearly does not share your belief and instead believes that a God does not exist.

Neither beliefs are facts. They are beliefs. Please understand, for my sanity.

It's not just that I believe. It's that because I am a man, and I know the Bible is true, I know other people can experience God on a personal level too.

Again it's not just a belief. It's that God changed my heart, and gave me a joy that I previously didn't have. He gave me the gift of the Holy Spirit that I can feel on a spiritual level.

first -off shut the hell up .so what if you beleive there is a god .THAT does not give you the right to cram .that crap down some one head JUST because that person does not believe in him .so if there really is a god .then why can he not save people.that are sick.I lost my sister to cancer .where was god on saving her.I then lost my mother from a broke heart on losing a child parent should never lose a child .BOTH times your so-called god if real could have saved them .BUT seeing there is no god he/she did nothing
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
this is my set-up http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u28/importer1/
#63MarkGasoreo23(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 6:02:57 AM
WheezinEd posted...
And TC, here:

http://codehpro.com/

Come join us on the PC version of Halo 2 sometime.

I will definitely check that out. Also, if your name is a Hey! Arnold reference then that makes me very happy. One of my favorite childhood shows so let the nostalgia keep flowing! Halo 2 and Hey! Arnold in the same day is a nostalgia overload.

Also wow, how did this topic turn into a religious debate =(

---
Dance between the scissors blade, without getting cut
#64A Naked PenguinPosted 11/10/2012 6:06:40 AM
Doody187 posted...
MarkGasoreo23 posted...
8 years ago today Halo 2 was released. It changed the way I played games. 8 years later how come no game excites me the same way that game did? H4 is great and all but for some reason I still long for the days of 1 flag CTF on Zanzibar and classic CTF on Coagulation and hell ANYTHING on Lockout. I spent probably a solid year and a half playing Halo 2 every single day... H3, ODST, and Reach were all shelved after a month and now I fear H4 may have the same fate. I have gotten my hopes up that every Halo release since 2 would return that amazing feeling of 2 to me, but so far all have failed.

Just looking back 8 years at where my life was when I was playing Halo 2 has got me reflecting on my mortality. 8 years ago I was a youthful, happy, optimistic 16 year old. I had hopes, dreams and an amazing group of friends and now I feel like I've lost myself. I'm in my mid 20's now, out of college, married to someone whom I grow to resent more and more everyday, working at a desk job that has leeched the soul out of me, never get to see any of my friends who are living out the same nightmare and honestly think if I got trampled by a semi tomorrow it would save me from the rest of my pitiful life. I miss Halo 2 and everything it represented in my life. If only I could turn back the time...

HOLY $#!% this is me without the wife...

Me as well. My girlfriend and I hated each other after 6 years. Instead of taking the dive I wisest up and gave her the boot.

So other than that, I have pretty much the same soul crushing life.
---
GT: An Old Nun
#65ricericewife33Posted 11/10/2012 6:29:44 AM
MarkGasoreo23 posted...
WheezinEd posted...
And TC, here:

http://codehpro.com/

Come join us on the PC version of Halo 2 sometime.

I will definitely check that out. Also, if your name is a Hey! Arnold reference then that makes me very happy. One of my favorite childhood shows so let the nostalgia keep flowing! Halo 2 and Hey! Arnold in the same day is a nostalgia overload.

Also wow, how did this topic turn into a religious debate =(

As a female, I find this very heartbreaking.

I'm going to sound like a witch, and I apologize...
However, you need to become a man.
Your wife is the most important person in your life and you married her for better or for worse.

Your wife doesn't need a sad gamer who can't stop thinking about his teenage gaming years. She needs a man. She NEEDS her husband.

As a married woman, it would devistate me to know that my husband resents our marriage. I would be so angry at myself for letting it get to that point, but I would try everything I could to save my marriage.

I don't want to come off as heartless. Trust me, I truly am sorry or your emotional state right now.

Consider taking some time away from games, see a marriage counselor, find some amazing friends, fall in love with your wife again, and become the worlds greatest dad.

I don't know you, but you are in my thoughts and I'm praying for your marriage.
#66MarkGasoreo23(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 6:37:30 AM
Jolteon posted...
Though you may not be able to understand because you are not married, it is probably the biggest mistake I have made in my life, literally the only positive is there are no children yet who would suffer because of our marital problems.

While I'm not unsympathetic to your situation, your phrasing suggests that anybody who IS married would be able to understand the magnitude of the mistake you've made. At the risk of sounding overly harsh, just because you might have married the wrong person, that doesn't mean every other married man is in the same boat. My wife is awesome. She actually insisted that she pause her movie and let me play Halo 4 until I had to go to work tonight, because she knew I'd been looking forward to it, and she says that Halo is one of the few games she actually enjoys watching (the other one is Zelda, actually).

I feel bad for you that you're not happy, but things aren't gonna get better unless you start trying to make them better. Pining for the past, while totally understandable, isn't helping anything.

Rereading that post I definitely did phrase that wrong and I apologize. I said the "you may not able to understand" part because I feel like a lot of people who have never been married do not really fully understand or even think about how many things with two people can clash and go wrong after getting married. This is not something I totally rushed into, yes I was relatively young, but we lived together for 2 years during our junior and senior year of college and had been dating a year prior to that and it never felt as tense and constricting as it feels now. Maybe because then we were excited about building a life together and now that it is somewhat "built" it isn't at all what either of us was expecting. Maybe we were just expecting to keep "playing house" like we did in college...definitely not the case. Marriage is definitely not a mistake, I envy my parent's marriage, my aunt's marriage, and my grandparent's marriage but I don't envy most of my friends. They seem to be stuck in the same situation so maybe we did all jump into this too young, or maybe the times are different because my grandparents and parents were both already married by the same age I was. Basically I am saying my marriage WAS a mistake, so I am sorry it looked like I was speaking from any other experience.

---
Dance between the scissors blades, without getting cut
#67MarkGasoreo23(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 6:55:06 AM
ricericewife33 posted...

Your wife is the most important person in your life and you married her for better or for worse.

Your wife doesn't need a sad gamer who can't stop thinking about his teenage gaming years. She needs a man. She NEEDS her husband.

As a married woman, it would devistate me to know that my husband resents our marriage. I would be so angry at myself for letting it get to that point, but I would try everything I could to save my marriage.

I don't want to come off as heartless. Trust me, I truly am sorry or your emotional state right now.

Consider taking some time away from games, see a marriage counselor, find some amazing friends, fall in love with your wife again, and become the worlds greatest dad.

I appreciate your input, but I just don't even know where to start fixing things. I don't even really play games too much anymore because I can't seem to get deeply invested into them the way I did when I was younger. The last game I really got into was probably either Lost Odyssey or Dragon Age back in like 2008, so it's not like I'm ignoring her or trying to escape my problems with games, or If I am it isn't working too well...maybe I should start playing WoW with 2 of other friends from years back who's lives didn't pan out the way they expected either... Also, you don't sound like a witch, I realize I sound like a scumbag saying I resent my wife but I guess it is easier to blame her for where I am than blame myself entirely. As awful as it sounds saving my marriage almost seems scarier than ending it because that could mean living like I am now for the rest of my life. Going to the same miserable job, paying the same bills and feeling the same emptiness until the day I die. Damn, being an adult sucks. Maybe a counselor would help put some things in perspective but I will have to leave out the embarrassing issues like how I would trade my life now for being a 16 year old playing video games again.

---
Dance between the scissors blades, without getting cut
#68CashaddiPosted 11/10/2012 7:05:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEszTzdUMcY

Protip: You 'can'. If you are truly unhappy, then change. Break up with her, or you will break...
#69ricericewife33Posted 11/10/2012 7:08:33 AM
MarkGasoreo23 posted...
ricericewife33 posted...

I appreciate your input, but I just don't even know where to start fixing things. I don't even really play games too much anymore because I can't seem to get deeply invested into them the way I did when I was younger. The last game I really got into was probably either Lost Odyssey or Dragon Age back in like 2008, so it's not like I'm ignoring her or trying to escape my problems with games, or If I am it isn't working too well...maybe I should start playing WoW with 2 of other friends from years back who's lives didn't pan out the way they expected either... Also, you don't sound like a witch, I realize I sound like a scumbag saying I resent my wife but I guess it is easier to blame her for where I am than blame myself entirely. As awful as it sounds saving my marriage almost seems scarier than ending it because that could mean living like I am now for the rest of my life. Going to the same miserable job, paying the same bills and feeling the same emptiness until the day I die. Damn, being an adult sucks. Maybe a counselor would help put some things in perspective but I will have to leave out the embarrassing issues like how I would trade my life now for being a 16 year old playing video games again.

Well, I just want to encourage you to become humble, admit your weakness, and start rebuilding your foundation for your marriage.

You may not enjoy your life because you are stuck in a boring repetitive dead end 9-5 job that doesn't seem to bring you the same fulfillment your teenage years had. But, your life is better off than most. Be thankful for what you have right in front of you rather than wishing you had what a teenage boy has.

You are a good guy, I can tell.

Don't let this brief season be the end of your marriage. Because this will pass and you will both mature and grow. And if you don't, that is not anyone else's fault but your own. The resources are readily available to anyone who wants to become better and do better.
#70point2blankPosted 11/10/2012 7:15:55 AM
Yeah dude, I completely feel you. My life doesn't sound quite as bad as yours, but thinking back to Halo 2 is always a bittersweet experience.

For one, it was simply hands down the best MP experience I've ever had. The community was so alive, EVERYONE was playing H2. Everybody used mics, there was a strong community outside the game (montages, trick videos, etc) and the clan system was dope. I could spend hours doing nothing but exploring the outside of maps and superbouncing everywhere, i can barley spend an hour actually playing H4 without getting bored.

Second, it just brings me back to a time in life where I was probably most happy and true to myself. I was like 12 when H2 dropped and back then you could still be cool and be about halo. I would have like 10-15 ppl over at my house every Friday/Saturday night and we would just rage on some Halo. Nothing was more fun than some 4v4 lan parties. I mean, I'm in my Junior year in college and honestly, I hate everyone around me. We literally have to go out every single night, and if your not drinking/doing drugs/at a party/hooking up with chicks, it's apparently not worth doing. Everything listed is great, don't get me wrong, but I'm kinda burnt out and miss the days where you could just chill with your friends and play some Halo and that was enough.

I just feel like everyone around me is fake as ****, and I'm presenting myself in a fake way as well to fit in and be chill. Im a closet nerd, I'd never let anyone known I've ever played anything outside of Halo/COD/Madden. I mean, I've got a VITA and the system is pretty legit, but I'd never play it outside where anyone could see me haha. I dunno in the end I guess Halo 2 came out at a time in my life where I was most happy, surrounded by people who accepted me for who I was, and that was enough.

Now I'm just surrounded by a bunch of fratty dumbass drug addicts, and I pretend like I'm always having a good time, but inside I hate every damn minute. I've been told many times to just be me but I consistently struggle with the internal conflict of 1. I want to be envied and accepted in a social manner, but 2. I hate who I have to be/be around in order to achieve it.

I'm going to start working on a time machine yo, I'd give anything to go back to the summer days of longboarding to the mall, trying to get girls numbers, loading up on Mountain Dew and Mazings (that M&M candy bar that was dope), and then just losing hours at a time with my friends in Halo 2.