"God grants you one wish... To turn back the time..." 8 years ago today ='(

#71VeliconisPosted 11/10/2012 6:27:45 AM
How in the hell did this topic get derailed into a religious debate? Jesus. >:| At least some people tried keeping it on topic in the midst of all that.

TC, while I can't relate to you in all aspects of what you're going through, I can relate to the nostalgia bit. For anyone who had good teenage years and such, looking back on them almost always makes the present pale in comparison and makes you long for those days again. I miss my teenage years a great deal and would love to go back to them, but I would never do it if it meant losing my wife and three kids.

But that's where you and I differ. I'm happily married and have been for six years now. I got married when I was 22 and here I am, 28 years old and still just as happy as I was when we got married. That says a lot in itself since getting married at such a young age is frowned upon by some and some believe it makes divorce inevitable. It all depends on the people.

But what -you- need to do right now is work on your marriage. Did you ever stop to consider that maybe you're looking back on things so much because things with your wife have gone to hell? I mean, you had to be happy with her at one point in time to decide to marry her. If you've lost that flame with her, perhaps it's time to try and rekindle it and see if it helps you.

Having two (or three if you include your job) things making you miserable is going to destroy you, as it seems to be doing already. Sharing an unconditional love with someone is sometimes a person's most coveted thing in life and not everyone can be as lucky as you (at one point) or myself to have experienced it and/or continue to experience it with that same person.

Just think of what you have now (only the finer aspects, mind you. The bad are irrelevant at this point.) and what you used to have and think of those who would do almost anything to have it. Sure, you're a rock in a hard place right now, but it could be so much worse than it is and I'm sure there are plenty of people in this world who could attest to that.

All in all, work on your marriage, man. If you feel that it would be worth it to have that spark with your wife again, then do everything you can to get it back. Talk to her about it, get something done and get yourself out of this nostalgic rut that you're currently in before you wind up losing her and having the worst feeling ever: Realizing what you had after you lost it and not being able to get it back again.

If you don't feel like it's worth working out with her however, then you need to get out of the relationship before it continues to get worse. But just don't jump to that conclusion right away. At least try to salvage your marriage before coming to that decision so you will absolutely know -for sure- that you attempted to see if it was fixable before deciding that you don't want to be married to her anymore. Having to second guess yourself on a decision like that is complete ass and I really don't think you would want to put yourself through that with what you're currently going through right now.

Best of luck to you and all your endeavors, dude. If you ever need a random person's opinion, insight, help or anything of that nature due to feeling like crap and all that, throw me a message. I don't have to know someone on a personal level to listen to them and try to help them. I just like helping those who are somewhat experiencing things that I've gone through as well.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.
#72Ilikemyname420Posted 11/10/2012 6:31:53 AM
The best advice on marriage: don't do it!
#73VeliconisPosted 11/10/2012 6:37:42 AM

I'm happily married, as I stated above. So how is that good advice?

Maybe that's the best advice to give yourself, but that doesn't apply to everyone. Not everyone wants to spend their life running around banging as many chicks as possible because it's the cool thing to do and they would prefer to settle down with one person.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.
#74B3Y0NDA11H0P3Posted 11/10/2012 6:39:21 AM
Ilikemyname420 posted...

depends, i'm the sure guy above you would disagree
---
Q: "Who dedicates lyrics to their online friends?" - Adam
A: "F'n losers do..." - Richie (while dedicating song)
#75GuideToTheDarkPosted 11/10/2012 6:43:10 AM
8 years ago we lived with a neighborhood of friends with free weekends, instead of all your friends moving away and you holed up in a rented cell studying furiously, and only then when you're not working on three hours of sleep.

How are we finding time to play halo? Our collective will is extending time for us. It is the only explanation.
---
Before all else you must build muscle. Then you must become hero to children everywhere.
#76Ilikemyname420Posted 11/10/2012 6:57:28 AM
Veliconis posted...

Maybe that's the best advice to give yourself, but that doesn't apply to everyone. Not everyone wants to spend their life running around banging as many chicks as possible because it's the cool thing to do and they would prefer to settle down with one person.

So you wouldn't be happy if you didn't have a marriage certificate?
#77VeliconisPosted 11/10/2012 6:58:42 AM
Veliconis posted...

So you wouldn't be happy if you didn't have a marriage certificate?

Not as happy as I am having one. I wanted to get married. I know that marriage isn't for everyone, but someone's advice on it shouldn't be, "DON'T GET MARRIED."
---
#78Mr_Big_BossPosted 11/10/2012 7:39:30 AM
"God grants you one wish... To turn back the time..." 8 years ago today ='(

I would force my mom to get treatment for the cancer that killed her.
---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
#79ZeldaMutantPosted 11/10/2012 7:51:37 AM
8 years ago today, prepatch Halo 2 is released with broken weapon/grenade/melee balance, a broken ranking system, a broken BR and a terrible array of playlists.

Try 7 years, maybe? Or when was the 5-map map pack released again?
---
#80Zelda_wood_elfPosted 11/10/2012 7:57:52 AM
MarkGasoreo23 posted...
8 years ago today Halo 2 was released. It changed the way I played games. 8 years later how come no game excites me the same way that game did? H4 is great and all but for some reason I still long for the days of 1 flag CTF on Zanzibar and classic CTF on Coagulation and hell ANYTHING on Lockout. I spent probably a solid year and a half playing Halo 2 every single day... H3, ODST, and Reach were all shelved after a month and now I fear H4 may have the same fate. I have gotten my hopes up that every Halo release since 2 would return that amazing feeling of 2 to me, but so far all have failed.

Just looking back 8 years at where my life was when I was playing Halo 2 has got me reflecting on my mortality. 8 years ago I was a youthful, happy, optimistic 16 year old. I had hopes, dreams and an amazing group of friends and now I feel like I've lost myself. I'm in my mid 20's now, out of college, married to someone whom I grow to resent more and more everyday, working at a desk job that has leeched the soul out of me, never get to see any of my friends who are living out the same nightmare and honestly think if I got trampled by a semi tomorrow it would save me from the rest of my pitiful life. I miss Halo 2 and everything it represented in my life. If only I could turn back the time...

*Begins slow clap*