So why can't we understand the Covenent? (Maybe spoilers)

#11CrashDividePosted 11/10/2012 3:09:13 AM
When was the Master Chief not able to drive Covenant vehicles? He has always been able to at least drive a Ghost and pilot a Banshee.
---
GT: Restless Corpse
#12SterlingFoxPosted 11/10/2012 3:12:05 AM
3starborris posted...
and chief use to know how to dual wield, he use to not be able to sprint, he use to not be able to drive covenant vehicles, he use to not be able to wield an energy sword, and his ability to jump has changed in height, and airtime throughout the games

things change, if it makes the game better then they can change it. the covenant not speaking english makes them less of the joke that they were in halo 3.

also how do you know the covenant weren't just speaking english during all those time? just as valid an explanation for why we can't always understand them.

Not a single one of those things compares to the importance of Chief being able to talk to the Arbiter, and you know that. I don't know why you're pretending you don't.

Also, what the hell did you even read where anything you said is counter argument or response for it? Are you so desperate to fight with somebody that you're pretending I said "The covenant weren't speaking english!" and that you are somehow proving me wrong and presenting a scenario I never thought about by suggesting they might have been?

What are you doing?
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#13CrashDividePosted 11/10/2012 3:14:27 AM
Oh, cool, you edited your post. Classy.
---
#14may_mPosted 11/10/2012 3:14:39 AM
Derejin posted...
Actually, if you listen carefully, you can hear that Grunts speak English, at least. Heavy alien accent, but it's English.

I managed to make out a Grunt say "HE'S GONNA EAT ME" when he was the last on the field and running. Due to there being no shooting, it was much easier to hear.

This, and I think it might be the same for the Elites as well. I might be wrong, but I think I might have been called a demon and a b****** by them. You just have to listen carefully and a few words pop through.
#15LinkIsSpartanPosted 11/10/2012 3:17:10 AM
CrashDivide posted...
When was the Master Chief not able to drive Covenant vehicles? He has always been able to at least drive a Ghost and pilot a Banshee.

u cant pilot a banshee is CE but u can in the rest of the halo's, even ODST. How funny that ODST soldier knows how to fly a banshee but MC in CE doesnt. Explain that fanboys
---
Understand, Man is not a machine - he needs a surface, a purpose and a reason of being.
#16CrashDividePosted 11/10/2012 3:19:10 AM
LinkIsSpartan posted...
CrashDivide posted...

u cant pilot a banshee is CE but u can in the rest of the halo's, even ODST. How funny that ODST soldier knows how to fly a banshee but MC in CE doesnt. Explain that fanboys

You most definitely CAN pilot a Banshee in CE.
---
#17INFRARED PYTHONPosted 11/10/2012 3:20:25 AM
Design choice, its as simple as that. Bungie had it all in English earlier for simplicity sake instead of making subtitles and having to record fake language. Then they decided that the quality of mystery would improve the atmosphere and made It all alien and foreign. No fancy explanation is really necessary.
---
This message has been brought to you from my Galaxy Nexus
#18LinkIsSpartanPosted 11/10/2012 3:24:11 AM(edited)
CrashDivide posted...
LinkIsSpartan posted...
CrashDivide posted...

You most definitely CAN pilot a Banshee in CE.

damn, i meant the energy sword. same deal

funny thing, i dont think i ever flew the banshee in CE and ive played it a few times. Were there any mandatory parts to fly it in the campaign?
---
Understand, Man is not a machine - he needs a surface, a purpose and a reason of being.
#19CrashDividePosted 11/10/2012 3:31:55 AM
Yeah, you needed to fly a Banshee in Assault on the Control Room, I believe.
---
#20Iceman83Posted 11/10/2012 3:32:10 AM
Since CE came out in 2001 and was the first Halo made, and was kind of rushed. That's why you can't do those things.
---
If it bleeds, we can kill it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0