So why can't we understand the Covenent? (Maybe spoilers)

#21CrashDividePosted 11/10/2012 2:33:14 AM
Or the mission right after that one. Whatever mission it was where you had to step into the beams that depleted your shields.
---
GT: Restless Corpse
#22SterlingFoxPosted 11/10/2012 2:37:43 AM
Iceman83 posted...
Since CE came out in 2001 and was the first Halo made, and was kind of rushed. That's why you can't do those things.

Again, why do people bull**** like this? That isn't even kind of true, and you know it isn't. And you know we know it isn't, so why lie as though it is?
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#23acme64Posted 11/10/2012 3:03:18 AM
the arbiter learned english, a lot of the elites did. its actually a major plot point in glasslands.

cortana does have transaltion software, it's probably embedded in the suits systems by halo 3's timeline though.
#24AceTheMadAngel7(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 3:03:48 AM
SterlingFox...why are you so mad? they are just trying to give examples. You seem to be determined to chew out people.
---
Gamertag - AceTheMadAngel
"We all do our share of murdering around here, don't we?" - Zevran
#253starborrisPosted 11/10/2012 3:12:03 AM
SterlingFox posted...
Iceman83 posted...
Since CE came out in 2001 and was the first Halo made, and was kind of rushed. That's why you can't do those things.

Again, why do people bull**** like this? That isn't even kind of true, and you know it isn't. And you know we know it isn't, so why lie as though it is?

im just going to assume you are trolling now, nobody is actually this stupid.

you wanted a reason for why things change. people give you actual story reasons, and you refuse them

people give you the real "things advance" advance reason, and you also refuse them.

so either you are trolling, or you are trying to prove a point that isnt there.
#26AshleyGreene74Posted 11/10/2012 3:16:27 AM
CrashDivide posted...
Yeah, you needed to fly a Banshee in Assault on the Control Room, I believe.

You're thinking of " Two Betrayals ", where you NEED a Banshee. On Assault on the Control Room, you didn't have to pilot a Banshee, even though there were 2 or so moments on that mission where you could acquire one.
#27SterlingFoxPosted 11/10/2012 3:35:44 AM
3starborris posted...
SterlingFox posted...
Iceman83 posted...

im just going to assume you are trolling now, nobody is actually this stupid.

you wanted a reason for why things change. people give you actual story reasons, and you refuse them

people give you the real "things advance" advance reason, and you also refuse them.

so either you are trolling, or you are trying to prove a point that isnt there.

All of that is fascinating, but in your "I'm a big gamefaqs tough guy, I call people trolls LOLOLOLOLLO" routine, you forgot that I never asked for any of those things.

This isn't even something that's up for interpretation. I didn't say anything that could even be perceived as similar to what you're accusing me of saying.

Reality:
- Somebody gave false reasons that aren't in the story at all and claimed it was part of the lore, so I commented on how it wasn't.
- Somebody said that Halo CE was rushed, and I commented on how it wasn't.

Those are the two things I said. So to clear things up for all the folks in the audience, let me clarify what I DIDN'T say so that you can actually talk to the real me instead of the fictional me that apparently lives in your head and shouts things at you.

I didn't:
- Ask for reasons why things change.
- Ask for "'things advance' advance reason" (whatever you're even trying to say there).
- Say the Covenant weren't speaking english. (in fact I said they were. What were you reading?)

Those are, coincidentally, three things you are accusing me of doing. So my questions are:
What are you talking about, on what grounds are you accusing me of trolling, and why are you so mad that you absolutely must try your hardest troll / fight with me?

You know that being on gamefaqs doesn't mean you're obligated to be an angry troll, right? Its okay to be human and not so antagonistic all the time.
---
Underwater Spartans:
#28Milla_MaxwellPosted 11/10/2012 3:37:23 AM
It might just be me, but I think SterlingFox seems angry.
---
The official Milla Maxwell of all boards.
#29may_mPosted 11/10/2012 3:38:58 AM
Milla_Maxwell posted...

Ah, he's just expressing himself. Leave him to this thing and he'll be ready for bedtime.
#30SterlingFoxPosted 11/10/2012 3:42:55 AM
Milla_Maxwell posted...

I am furious, and I applaud you for your observation.

In fact, I just kicked my dog, punched a wall, and shouted profanities while listening to death metal.
---
Underwater Spartans: