So why can't we understand the Covenent? (Maybe spoilers)

#31DryCell87Posted 11/10/2012 3:46:38 AM
I loved the random things the Grunts said in CE. It was part of the charm of the game.
---
Dont bother screaming, dont bother crying, ignore all hope of mercy. Oh my God, they're everywhere.
#32ShytheSepthKangPosted 11/10/2012 3:48:31 AM
About Hood, Keyes and people without helmets...doesn't every UNSC member have neural implants? They're quite visible.
---
Topic: Why do people refer to the Berserker as a SHE???(GoW)
Answer: Ever seen a woman on her period and you just ate the last of the ice cream?
#33zbadzPosted 11/10/2012 3:49:10 AM
The frustration levels in here are off the charts.
---
Killing is badong. From this moment, I will stand for the opposite of killing: gnodab.
#34MikDaTvPosted 11/10/2012 3:52:00 AM
SterlingFox posted...
- Somebody gave false reasons that aren't in the story at all and claimed it was part of the lore, so I commented on how it wasn't.

Why you trying to BS everyone like this? You know your just making this up, we know your making it up, so why just tell a bold face lie like this?

It's been established since Fall of Reach that spartan armor has limited translation software built into it.
---
BONESAW IS READY!!!!! to join the Downing 213 Gaming Clan
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Downing_213/index/
#35SterlingFoxPosted 11/10/2012 3:57:30 AM
MikDaTv posted...
Why you trying to BS everyone like this? You know your just making this up, we know your making it up, so why just tell a bold face lie like this?

It's been established since Fall of Reach that spartan armor has limited translation software built into it.

While that is again fascination, that's not what was said. Whatever his name is said that it was Cortana's doing, not that Spartans had built-in translation software.
So I know you're reading "Gamefaqs arguing for dummies" and pulling tips straight from the book, but repeating what I said as if to mock me really makes no sense in this situation.

Also, then why can't we understand the covenant now? HUH? HUH TOUGH GUY!?
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#36Dragon NexusPosted 11/10/2012 5:58:19 AM
I like that they don't speak english. It was one of my complaints for Halo 2 was that suddenly the elites were talking in a language I could understand.
"Ah! I've been punc-tured!" *groan*

What made them a more effective and scarey enemy was the fact they were so alien to you. You couldn't even understand what they were saying, they felt more threatening.

By changing this back they become threatening again. Even the grunts sound less like comic relief than they used to. It adds a more grounded and serious tone to the series.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#37turtlej-manPosted 11/10/2012 6:08:30 AM
HOW ABOUT THIS!...A new gameplay skull that you could unlock...The ability to change covenant language! Everybody wins in this regard.

You can have the serious tone with the enemies, but then once you unlock that skull, future play-throughs can feel more like classic halo.

I believe this to be a great idea..MAKE IT HAPPEN 343!
---
If a Killer Instinct 3 is never made....AT LEAST PUT THE FIRST 2 ON XBLA!!!!!
#38Sniper_BrosefPosted 11/10/2012 6:39:16 AM
LinkIsSpartan posted...
CrashDivide posted...
When was the Master Chief not able to drive Covenant vehicles? He has always been able to at least drive a Ghost and pilot a Banshee.

u cant pilot a banshee is CE but u can in the rest of the halo's, even ODST. How funny that ODST soldier knows how to fly a banshee but MC in CE doesnt. Explain that fanboys

there is a whole level that revolves around the chief using a banshee in CE...so what are you talking about???
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#39Dragon NexusPosted 11/10/2012 9:48:49 AM
Iceman83 posted...
Since CE came out in 2001 and was the first Halo made, and was kind of rushed. That's why you can't do those things.

Again, why do people bull**** like this? That isn't even kind of true, and you know it isn't. And you know we know it isn't, so why lie as though it is?

Except....it is true?
The Flood have a really lame AI, because they didn't have time to program it fully. (Shoot their arms off, and they run up to you and stop...and do nothing)
The Wraiths were meant to be drivable, but they couldn't get it to work on time.
The plasma sword was meant to be usable, but they couldn't get it to work right.
The fuel rod cannon was meant to be implimented, but they didn't have time to finish it, so they all blow up when they're dropped.
There were meant to be more unique levels, instead of repeating 2 of them and sort of copying another.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#40Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 11/10/2012 9:51:25 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
Iceman83 posted...
Since CE came out in 2001 and was the first Halo made, and was kind of rushed. That's why you can't do those things.

Again, why do people bull**** like this? That isn't even kind of true, and you know it isn't. And you know we know it isn't, so why lie as though it is?

Except....it is true?
The Flood have a really lame AI, because they didn't have time to program it fully. (Shoot their arms off, and they run up to you and stop...and do nothing)
The Wraiths were meant to be drivable, but they couldn't get it to work on time.
The plasma sword was meant to be usable, but they couldn't get it to work right.
The fuel rod cannon was meant to be implimented, but they didn't have time to finish it, so they all blow up when they're dropped.
There were meant to be more unique levels, instead of repeating 2 of them and sort of copying another.

Flood Buddies, oh how I missed them.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....