So why can't we understand the Covenent? (Maybe spoilers)

#51InadvertantPosted 11/10/2012 1:07:37 PM
rabidpencil posted...
This isn't an explanation, but just something I read that I thought was neat (though maybe I'm just gullible and it's not even true).

In CE, the 'phrases' of the Elites were just the audio from Sgt Johnson (I think) played backwards.

Not sure if you mean the voice actor, or the audio of Sgt Major Johnson (as in dialogue already recorded for that character and then tweaked) but it was just the voice actor (David Scully) saying things like "Go go go" and then they'd play that backwards at a different pitch and sped up (go go go is where they got "wort wort wort").
#52Mister_LintonPosted 11/10/2012 1:19:38 PM
The Brutes in 3 were hilarious. Two standing together, kill one and the other exclaims: "He was my lover!". It might have been "brother" but I think "lover" is funnier, so I'll stick with that.
#53NightTerrorX99Posted 11/10/2012 1:25:17 PM
Inadvertant posted...
rabidpencil posted...
This isn't an explanation, but just something I read that I thought was neat (though maybe I'm just gullible and it's not even true).

In CE, the 'phrases' of the Elites were just the audio from Sgt Johnson (I think) played backwards.

Not sure if you mean the voice actor, or the audio of Sgt Major Johnson (as in dialogue already recorded for that character and then tweaked) but it was just the voice actor (David Scully) saying things like "Go go go" and then they'd play that backwards at a different pitch and sped up (go go go is where they got "wort wort wort").

You literally just repeated what he said.
---
Pokemon White FC: 3998 2670 7555
#54InadvertantPosted 11/10/2012 1:41:12 PM
NightTerrorX99 posted...
Inadvertant posted...
rabidpencil posted...

You literally just repeated what he said.

No, actually I didn't literally just repeat what he said. If I had literally done that then it would be exactly what he typed word for word. Further, I clarified and elaborated. There is a difference in the two.

"just audio from Sgt. Johnson (I think) played backwards" and "David Scully, the voice actor for SgtMaj. Johnson did the voice for the Elites as well." are two different statements. One proclaims that the Elites used the same audio clips as SgtMaj Johnson, only played backwards, while the other ascertains that it only the same person recorded, not the same phrases.

Clarity is key.
#55banklikefrankWtPosted 11/10/2012 1:41:28 PM
rabidpencil posted...

I don't know either way, but I'd wonder what the heck Johnson said that translated backwards to wooooooort wort wort. If only I could find a way to play the elites doing that backward. (or weren't so lazy).
---
Blah
#56InadvertantPosted 11/10/2012 1:43:45 PM
banklikefrankWt posted...
rabidpencil posted...

I don't know either way, but I'd wonder what the heck Johnson said that translated backwards to wooooooort wort wort. If only I could find a way to play the elites doing that backward. (or weren't so lazy).

See my above post.

"Wort wort wort" is "Go go go" sped up, reversed and then lowered in pitch.
#57SterlingFoxPosted 11/10/2012 4:03:23 PM
Inadvertant posted...
It's okay SterlingFox, you can try to counter my statements at your convenience.

I thank you for the permission sir.
It was almost 4am in california last night when you posted that, so I was probably in bed trying to sleep which would have been a very inconvenient time to respond for me.

I wasn't sleeping, but the effort was there.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp