why does no one talk on the mike?

#1StarfoxXIIIPosted 11/10/2012 2:48:36 AM
I have noticed this when i started playing more recent FPS, did people talk in halo 3? or was it just a old xbox thing, is every one just in private chats or partys? just curious what your guys thoughts where
'
#2ZombiDeadZombiPosted 11/10/2012 3:40:35 AM(edited)
Mike doesn't like being talked on.

:-p

Mostly either people are in party chat, or private chat, because that is preferable to listening to people calling you racial slurs, homo and other sexual things, or that they split your moms pie.

You don't need a mic to play anyways, or even to communicate. Anyone who is at least decent with team based games are observant of their team and what's going on, and should take these cues and do what needs to be done for the team.

The one thing that is missing from Halo 4 is a marker that shows where your team mates die. If I remember correctly, Halo 3 had that, and it made hot spots easier to find to avoid.
#3LerthyrPosted 11/10/2012 3:40:59 AM
Because Mike muted his mic.
---
GT: Lerthyr
I thought what I'd do was I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.
#4PsykoisBACK3Posted 11/10/2012 3:42:25 AM
Why must everyone hate on me if I don't talk on the mic?
---
Oh admit it, you're going out tomorrow to buy a bunch of Irish spring so you can rub it all over your pillows and pretend you're smelling me at night. ~ Iwz
#5AirRawr_Posted 11/10/2012 3:43:03 AM
There used to be people talking in everygame until Microsoft released xbox live parties
---
this guy I_dont_die is trolling around this message board talking trash - ZEERO_04
http://i37.tinypic.com/x1wt2u.jpg
#6UTERUSBRUISERPosted 11/10/2012 3:46:45 AM
Mike=mic lol, but, seriously the ban hammer scares people and I for one don't want to be accused of "sexist", or racial slurs if I pwn and get banned. It is a nightmare trying to plead your case to MS. They can't go back and play dialog in game as far as I know but they can see who was using a MIC and if they were in party chat or in game chat. That's my take and I could be wrong, but the threats made by the head of 343 (a woman) is enough to keep me off of in game chat.
---
GT: CoronaJoe
#7JolteonPosted 11/10/2012 3:51:19 AM(edited)
There used to be people talking in everygame until Microsoft released xbox live parties

This is the main reason.

Another reason is that Halo has historically been infested with squeaky-voiced idiots, and nobody wants to be the guy who gets one of them talking.

Edit: From: UTERUSBRUISER | #006
They can't go back and play dialog in game as far as I know but they can see who was using a MIC and if they were in party chat or in game chat.

They can. Just don't be over-the-top offensive and you'll be fine. I guess if you're that worried about accusations, then sure, play it safe and stay silent, but if you're worried that you're gonna get banned solely on the basis of "he had a mic turned on; must be guilty", then you can probably safely rethink that.
---
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?
#8kingbahamut83Posted 11/10/2012 4:02:11 AM
*were. Sorry, seen alot of memes lately with the grammar guy. On topic, I don't understand the point of having a mic connected if you aren't going to use it. Unless that person has a headset on, but then why bother plugging the chat cable in? Kids today and their silly ways.
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
#9JolteonPosted 11/10/2012 4:04:46 AM
On topic, I don't understand the point of having a mic connected if you aren't going to use it.

Most of those people are probably in XBL parties.

Or perhaps they're simply keeping the mic plugged in "just in case" they get into a situation where they feel they want to say something.
---
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?
#10singhellotakuPosted 11/10/2012 4:08:40 AM
Anybody playing seriously enough to care about co-ordination will likely be on part chat with friends/clan members. The same people that obsess over being able to talk to one another are also the same people who post a hundred topics wining about the "randoms" they would have to tolerate if they were on public chat.