Name one thing that Reach did better...

#121windfoxxPosted 11/12/2012 6:56:55 AM
Not a fan of the art design on the Covenant. They just appeared more professional in Reach. They look like a bunch of militia in H4, is what I always feel (which I guess they may be, but still not a fan).

Art design on mp spartans. I hate the mesh design (and accompanying color shift). Noble team and Reach spartans looked like walking tanks - the S-4's look like guys wearing plastic armor attachments.

Related to above, but H4's million armor permutations seem far less consequential than Reach's were. In Reach I was often specifically gunning for a particular look or armor set - here I'm kinda like "meh" when I get an unlock.

Grenades were not "floaty". It really bugs me how slowly they come out. Like an underhanded granny toss or something.

Explosions can be very underwhelming in H4 for some reason. Compare the destruction of the UNSC Savannah in Reach to the [SPOILERS] Covie cruiser in H4's first level.

Invasion mode was awesome.

Firefight.

Covenant competence. In Reach the Covies were simply tougher. In H4, you have to turn on Thunderstorm on Heroic for the elites to actually have a sense of self-preservation - otherwise they will sit there and just take punishment to the face without trying to evade or anything. The Covenant AI just doesn't seem as tight. I don't fear the Covies, even on Legendary, unless they have a fuel rod/instant win cannon.

All that said, I still love Halo 4. I just think there are some things Reach did demonstrably better.
#122windfoxxPosted 11/12/2012 6:58:25 AM
Addendum: female mp spartan model just looks weird as crap - oddly skinny in weird places o_O
#123ST_ZeroPosted 11/12/2012 8:51:58 AM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
Absolutely nothing. Reach isn't even a Halo game.

LMAO i didn't like reach either but reach is more of a halo game than halo 4 is.
#124TuSoKa67(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 10:15:19 PM
ST_Zero posted...
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
Absolutely nothing. Reach isn't even a Halo game.

LMAO i didn't like reach either but reach is more of a halo game than halo 4 is.

ahahha no...
---
Gamertag: T u S o K a
#125themagicpainmanPosted 11/12/2012 10:15:48 PM
Focus Rifle was a fun weapon, damnit.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#126TheIastspartanPosted 11/12/2012 10:21:46 PM
SterlingFox posted...
I'm surprised nobody has said the Spartan customization yet.

Reach had pretty much all the same stuff, just with helmet add-ons instead of bull**** armor skins.

Much more visor colors>>>>>>>>>>>>being able to put a flashlight on my helmet

Although I do miss some things like FF voices. But for the most part I like 4's armory better.
#127Booty_CallPosted 11/12/2012 10:23:14 PM
Team Snipers
---
There is no such thing as a death that's your fault.
#128TheIastspartanPosted 11/12/2012 10:24:58 PM
windfoxx posted...
Addendum: female mp spartan model just looks weird as crap - oddly skinny in weird places o_O

Yeah. Dunno what their artists were thinking. I've seen anorexics with thicker arms, and considering they weren't super soldiers, there's something wrong with that.
#129TheRiddler343Posted 11/12/2012 10:49:20 PM
The lack of promethean knights in the legendary campaign.
---
GT: Multimonster343
Steam: The Riddler
#130DericViiperPosted 11/12/2012 11:06:37 PM
TheIastspartan posted...
windfoxx posted...

Yeah. Dunno what their artists were thinking. I've seen anorexics with thicker arms, and considering they weren't super soldiers, there's something wrong with that.

you dont need big arms when you're in the kitchen all day
---
[ Gamertag: Viiper ] [ 3DS: 1977-0177-3689 ]
Animal Crossing: City Folk [ Das in e 4942-1810-9471 ]