Name one thing that Reach did better...

#61xMachRiderxPosted 11/10/2012 4:50:33 PM
FireFight. If there's one thing I was hoping this game would have, it's a damn good FF.

But it don't.
---
Go outside.
#62joel0903Posted 11/10/2012 5:10:37 PM
Who cares, really, what they "went back and did" in older versions? This is the 6th installment of Halo (not including Halo Wars, etc). If, at this point, someone thought it was a good idea to ship the game without FFA Slayer, then every single executive and product manager at the company should be fired. Totally inexcusable.

The menu layouts are also idiotic and look like something decided on in a dorm room by freshmen CS students.
#63Maxx_the_SlashPosted 11/10/2012 5:11:19 PM
3starborris posted...
metalclash posted...
3starborris posted...
forge.

the map was bigger, it had fine adjustment, and the custom game options were much more extensive.

H4 has some great new stuff like magnets, and multiple "styles" of forge because of the multiple maps with their own templates, but it's not as good.

I feel like a super forge map may be coming soon

a map the size of forgeworld may not even be possible in H4. i mean the game is basically at the limit of what the console can do, a map the size of forgeworld, that works with multiplayer, may just not be possible.

atleast the item limit is similar to forgeworld on the new maps (i think)

A version of Sandbox would be great. Though even something the size of Foundry would be good to have too. The default maps are too rocky and there's always some natural obstacle that's permanently in the way of map-making.

A decently-sized, clear, COMPLETELY flat map is much needed in Halo 4.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984
#64Who_ate_the_piePosted 11/10/2012 5:11:54 PM
Sucking.

lololololol
---
I don't care.
#65LifeVirus1289Posted 11/10/2012 5:16:28 PM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
Absolutely nothing. Reach isn't even a Halo game.

lolwut. If by not a Halo game, you mean was far better than crappy Halo 3, then you're right.

I liked having a campaign not centered around Master Chief, which I guess my desire for will be filled by Spartan Ops. I also liked Invasion, I hope they bring that back.
---
By the Nine, did that really just happen?
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Baalthezar/advanced
#66VelociswaggerPosted 11/10/2012 5:17:07 PM
The sword in this game is garbage
#67LifeVirus1289Posted 11/10/2012 5:18:11 PM
joel0903 posted...
Who cares, really, what they "went back and did" in older versions? This is the 6th installment of Halo (not including Halo Wars, etc). If, at this point, someone thought it was a good idea to ship the game without FFA Slayer, then every single executive and product manager at the company should be fired. Totally inexcusable.

The menu layouts are also idiotic and look like something decided on in a dorm room by freshmen CS students.

God, you're just always being a ***** about FFA Slayer. Play Regicide or go back to a different halo. You hiding in corners and playing FFA like a little kid won't be missed
---
By the Nine, did that really just happen?
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Baalthezar/advanced
#68redhotpeppersPosted 11/10/2012 5:24:20 PM
Matchmaking game types.
#69ChemicalReaperPosted 11/10/2012 5:27:34 PM
I'll give you a list, to tide you over until my review gets approved:

- Forgeworld (bigger, much more space for setting up larger bases)

- Theater (Halo 4 doesn't even let you 'detach' from your character, at least not that I can figure out)

- Map selection (Infinity & Big Team are limited to 3 maps each, and - in BTB especially - people only pick one or two of them. I like Ragnarok, but I don't want to play it 14 out of 15 games. The insanely small number of maps, none of which particularly stand out as 'amazing', is very disappointing)

- Menus (much easier to access what you needed to access)

- No Mantis (it looks like it was stolen directly from Metal Gear Solid, and it's just unnecessary)

- No SAW/Storm Rifle (the SAW is fun, but again unnecessary; the Storm Rifle is just a terrible 'advancement' of the Plasma Rifle)

- No Incinerator Cannon (I know that the Promethean weapon set needed its own power weapon, but having the Rocket, Spartan Laser, Fuel Rod, and Concussion Rifle was plenty enough in the way of power weapons.)

- It played like a Halo game (Halo 4 has quick deaths, fast gameplay, inherent sprinting...plays too much like that *other* major game series with a November release.)

- No CoD 'Perks' (don't even try and tell me that Tactical Package & Support Upgrade are not directly copied from CoD's perks system)

- No CoD Killstreaks (ordnance drops are silly)

- Weapons on a map stayed on the map (not on silly pylon things - that's just a personal preference, but it makes no sense to have self-destructing weapon holders)

- Better-looking armor (a lot of Halo 4's armor - especially the shoulder, chest, and leg armor - is just plain ugly; and why does the Aviator helmet look like a rip-off of the COG helmet from Gears of War?)
#70gdubyabushPosted 11/10/2012 5:36:06 PM
ChemicalReaper posted...
I'll give you a list, to tide you over until my review gets approved:

- Theater (Halo 4 doesn't even let you 'detach' from your character, at least not that I can figure out)

)

Press Y.
---
if i bought the PS3 bundle, would the instruments from that work with a 360 copy of the game? - NoviRain