Name one thing that Reach did better...

#91jesse_skaterPosted 11/11/2012 7:33:37 PM
DericViiper posted...
I miss the menu from reach. I feel really disconnected from my friends list when playing Halo 4. But with Reach I felt right with them at all times.

This. Couldn't have explained it better
---
XBL: xO JESSE Ox
if I'm challenging one shot, I'm not trying-Bale
#92spacecowboy44Posted 11/11/2012 7:36:13 PM
i miss invasion...loved that gametype...that is about it
---
---Playing Hardcore with me is like quail hunting with Dick Cheney.
#93Bondo_6464Posted 11/11/2012 7:51:55 PM(edited)
Starforce786 posted...
This bugs me a lot. In Reach, you could stop the menu music from playing by simply starting any game, and it wouldn't come back on after that. So if I'm sitting in the menu doing something on my computer I don't have to listen to that annoying music.

In H4 however that music is there every time you go back to the menu.

I really hate that one song. and coincidentally its the one we have to listen to the most. something about the.... vocals.... just annoy me, and that layer is too loud.
---
Crom...
#94iwishicouldlivePosted 11/11/2012 7:42:58 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#95bd0g5Posted 11/11/2012 7:44:27 PM
Party details for sure.
---
I like turtles
#96DryCell87Posted 11/11/2012 7:47:47 PM
The pre-game lobby has a ton of wasted space. Reach's looked better. If they put the "cards"(for lack of better word all on the right side of the screen instead of overlapping at the bottom, we could see all of the players. Have the selections on the left.

The number of maps at launch. Right now, there are hardly any maps to choose from. Even if the maps outclass Reach's, they are going to get immensely stale very fast if all people ever choose is Haven and Ragnarok. Even Halo 2 started with Lockout, Midship, Ascension, Burial Mounds, Ivory Tower, Colossus, Beaver Creek, and even Zanzibar and Foundation to play in 4v4 off the bat. To go from 9 4v4 launch maps in Halo 2, and 3, and even 6(plus "official" forge world maps like Pinnacle) to 5 is not forward progress at all.

Ammo and weapon drops. With the maps averaging a larger size, the ammo seems to disappear much faster. Without the ammo perk, it seems like ammo depletes after a couple firefights, and with everyone allowed to sprint, not every confrontation leads to a kill, but it does drain ammo.With weapon respawns being few and far between, and random at that, it isn't as easy to restock in the midst of a nice spree.

The ranking system. At least, if it is a progression only system, give us a shiny emblem. The numbers are boring, generic, and uninteresting. The Halo 2 system was perfect. The numbers and horns around them were cool and fun. 3 even kept the numbers, and although the horns were gone, the numbers still meant something. In Reach, even though the awesome skill ranks were gone, they still at least gave you something, with the lame BPR and the shiny emblems. SR is boring and doesn't feel as exciting to level up with.
---
Dont bother screaming, dont bother crying, ignore all hope of mercy. Oh my God, they're everywhere.
#97Bondo_6464Posted 11/11/2012 7:48:41 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#98LinkIsSpartanPosted 11/11/2012 7:50:04 PM
menu design
weapons
more map variations and game modes
reach has a better scale than halo 4...everything seems smaller so u can see much more on the screen
ranking system
campaign
---
Understand, Man is not a machine - he needs a surface, a purpose and a reason of being.
#99VegerunksPosted 11/11/2012 11:16:22 PM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
JumpstyIe posted...
Absolutely nothing. Reach isn't even a Halo game.

Last time I checked it was HALO reach

I'll give you 3 guesses as to which game didn't have a Halo ring, whereas every other one did.

Hate to break it to you but Halo Reach had a Halo ring. If you played Forge world maps and some of the multiplayer maps(Like Hemorrage) You'd realize you were on a Halo Ring.

The story was Bungie just wanting to go out with a bang by introducing the spartan's homeworld and its demise.
---
Xbox 360 GamerTag: HolyKnight22
PSN: CrimsonDivide
#100EvrayPosted 11/11/2012 11:18:00 PM
The story and co-op. Two master chiefs? How... outdated.
---
If the Giants win I'll close my account. Promise. Super Bowl 2012- Erik P 2/5/2012 at 3:31:41 PM. Account Status, Active.