Kill spread should be what determines end of game rankings

#1bessy67Posted 11/11/2012 5:57:31 AM
I know it doesn't matter, but it just irks me that the end of game rankings are determined by score alone. Sure, those 25 kills you have look pretty, but my 10 kills and 3 deaths contributed more to the team than your 25 kills and 24 deaths.

/rant
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#2Damien 5000Posted 11/11/2012 6:00:25 AM
/agree
---
Everything feels better fresh out of the dryer. Even death would be nicer if it was dryer fresh.
-UnitOmega010
#3iRGushPosted 11/11/2012 6:00:32 AM
No because you wouldn't have won if he didn't get 25 kills.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
GT: iRGush
#4Cobra9860Posted 11/11/2012 6:01:49 AM

false it just would have taken longer
---
wat
#5iRGushPosted 11/11/2012 6:03:20 AM
Cobra9860 posted...

If he didn't die 24 times, they would've been going after you more. Why do you even need to feel better about going positive? The main objective of slayer is to win by getting more kills.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
GT: iRGush
#6TheBoxNinja72Posted 11/11/2012 6:04:36 AM
iRGush posted...

This^^

yes, you aided the team by dying less, congrats, and TY, but he got more kills, he gets more points
---
I don't even think I can credit this topic with an attempt at trolling. I'm pretty sure he just s*** all over the keyboard and then hit "Post."
#7Mike_HD2Posted 11/11/2012 6:07:31 AM
I know it doesn't matter, but it just irks me that the end of game rankings are determined by score alone. Sure, those 25 kills you have look pretty, but my 10 kills and 3 deaths contributed more to the team than your 25 kills and 24 deaths.

/rant

Somebody needs to go back to school.
#8Cobra9860Posted 11/11/2012 6:09:50 AM(edited)
Cobra9860 posted...

If he didn't die 24 times, they would've been going after you more. Why do you even need to feel better about going positive? The main objective of slayer is to win by getting more kills.

HIm running out there without the team and basically trading kills every single time is a recipe for disaster. Anything can happen that can easily swing the momentum of the game by 5-10 kills. WHich is why you should never be ok with a spread like 25-24

If he stuck with the team they would all get better spreads and win by a higher amount, meaning less chance for bad luck that costs you the game. If you keep the game within a few kills because everyone is rushing like an idiot and barely staying positive, you are not doing the best on your team, not by a long shot.

I have no problem with them getting the most amount of points, but they do not help the team more than someone with a very good spread.
---
wat
#9bessy67(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 6:08:46 AM
Mike_HD2 posted...

/rant

Somebody needs to go back to school.

Why? It's pretty obvious that +7 > +1...
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#10The BeansterPosted 11/11/2012 6:13:54 AM(edited)
boxninja and irgush are correct...

Sometimes I don't like it either, but it's too simple to assume that you did more to help win just because your spread was better. Maybe you did, maybe you didn't.

Maybe he was a noob running around with the AR all game who could have easily avoided the deaths, while you just played normal with the DMR. Or maybe he was actually fighting for map control while you sat in a corner and camo sniped. Spread doesn't tell the whole story any more than total kills + assists do.

I'm OK with this system. Really like how assists actually count. I think if it were a spread based placing system, it would just encourage camping.
---
i7-2600k @ 4.8 Ghz | 2x MSI 7970 Lightning @ 1200/1800 | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Sleeping Dogs || GT: The Ownage