Kill spread should be what determines end of game rankings

#11iRGushPosted 11/11/2012 7:10:04 AM
Cobra9860 posted...
Cobra9860 posted...
No because you wouldn't have won if he didn't get 25 kills.

false it just would have taken longer

If he didn't die 24 times, they would've been going after you more. Why do you even need to feel better about going positive? The main objective of slayer is to win by getting more kills.

HIm running out there without the team and basically trading kills every single time is a recipe for disaster. Anything can happen that can easily swing the momentum of the game by 5-10 kills. WHich is why you should never be ok with a spread like 25-24

If he stuck with the team they would all get better spreads and win by a higher amount, meaning less chance for bad luck that costs you the game. If you keep the game within a few kills because everyone is rushing like an idiot and barely staying positive, you are not doing the best on your team, not by a long shot.

I have no problem with them getting the most amount of points, but they do not help the team more than someone with a very good spread.

I don't think you understand the concept of slayer
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
GT: iRGush
#12bessy67(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 7:12:04 AM
iRGush posted...
Cobra9860 posted...
Cobra9860 posted...

If he didn't die 24 times, they would've been going after you more. Why do you even need to feel better about going positive? The main objective of slayer is to win by getting more kills.

HIm running out there without the team and basically trading kills every single time is a recipe for disaster. Anything can happen that can easily swing the momentum of the game by 5-10 kills. WHich is why you should never be ok with a spread like 25-24

If he stuck with the team they would all get better spreads and win by a higher amount, meaning less chance for bad luck that costs you the game. If you keep the game within a few kills because everyone is rushing like an idiot and barely staying positive, you are not doing the best on your team, not by a long shot.

I have no problem with them getting the most amount of points, but they do not help the team more than someone with a very good spread.

I don't think you get the concept of slayer. If you gain 250 points but give up 240 points to the other team while I gain 100 points and only give up 30 points to the other team, then I'm doing more to help the team. You contributed a net of 10 points to the team while I contributed a net 70 points.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#13Cobra9860Posted 11/11/2012 7:12:36 AM
Cobra9860 posted...
Cobra9860 posted...

Actually I dont think you do. Its to get more kills than the other team. Most of the time that ends with whoever gets to 50 first. But I would rather win 40-25 than 50-45. ie: players with high spreads lower kill, rather than high kill low spread. WHy? Because youre keeping the game unnecessarily close, and something could easily go wrong and make you lose.

Its a poor strategy to go out there and shoot for barely winning, because anything can happen. If youre constantly only up by a few kills because your whole team is OK with basically trading kill all game, bad things are more likely to happen, and you are more likely to lose games when you do it.
---
wat
#14KrispyKremeFoodPosted 11/11/2012 7:15:30 AM
Anybody who doesn't agree with what TC is saying doesnt understand slayer. You know, players should try to get kills with the intention of not dying in the process. It's not hard to rush at people and get a kill. It really isn't. It's just that you will die from other teammates.

On the other hand, I think the point system is just fine though TC. Yeah you did have a better spread, but you don't know for sure how the game would have went without that player.
#15iRGushPosted 11/11/2012 7:22:07 AM(edited)
So if I go 55-54 and you go 5-0, you're more useful than I was?
---
#16bessy67(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 7:25:38 AM(edited)
iRGush posted...

Yes. You contributed a net 10 points while I contributed a net 50. It's not that hard to understand...

If you only have one more kill than death, then your entire effort is negated by one teammate having one more death than kill.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
#17iRGushPosted 11/11/2012 7:26:12 AM
bessy67 posted...
iRGush posted...

Yes. You contributed a net 10 points while I contributed a net 50. It's not that hard to understand...

So if I wasn't there, you think you could get all those 55 kills by youself on top of the team focusing on you more since I won't die 54 times?
---
#18The BeansterPosted 11/11/2012 7:28:00 AM(edited)
People agreeing with TC don't understand that a player with very high kills + deaths has a huge impact on what other players are able to do, because he's taking up a huge amount of attention from the other team.

It's kind of like looking at a close football game and saying "well, team [Y] lost but if they'd stopped team [X] from getting that 1st quarter touchdown, they would have won"

It sounds good, but it's not actually true... if team [X] hadn't gotten that 1st quarter touchdown, the game would have been different. Maybe they would have won but maybe not.

Same thing here... you might think that you having a good spread + low kills is more helpful than someone with a bad spread + high kills, and sometimes you might be right, but it's not that simple and it assumes your spread would have been at least as good even without the other guy taking up all the attention.
---
i7-2600k @ 4.8 Ghz | 2x MSI 7970 Lightning @ 1200/1800 | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Sleeping Dogs || GT: The Ownage
#19iRGushPosted 11/11/2012 7:27:43 AM
You could even get 25 kills in the whole match as well so clearly he has superior slaying ability to you regardless if he traded or not. You had to have played passive to only get 10 kills and 3 deaths in a match.

Also, not to sure as to why you're even complaining when you won.
---
#20bessy67(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 7:29:45 AM
iRGush posted...
bessy67 posted...
iRGush posted...

So if I wasn't there, you think you could get all those 55 kills by youself on top of the team focusing on you more since I won't die 54 times?

Yeah. Even with your 55 kills gone, I'm confident that I could end the match with a far better than +1 spread. It would take longer, but the team would end up winning by a wider margin.
---