Kill spread should be what determines end of game rankings

#161pillerofautumnPosted 11/11/2012 2:50:27 PM(edited)
pillerofautumn posted...

Sorry, didn't realize you've played a whopping 250 games in between Reach and Halo 4. I stand corrected, you're a Halo master.

So because I don't play the game 20 hours a week I don't know what I'm talking about?

Exactly. It has nothing to do with 20 hours a week. It has to do with little experience. It clear from your stance that you haven't played out most scenarios to understand why assists are important and spread isn't.

To play off that other guy, I've played Team Doubles with a friend till level 48 in Halo 3. Most games we'd go back and forth each with 10-15 kills, and 5-10 deaths. Some games we'd meet our match, and one of us would actually go negative, but we still stuck together and helped get assists that still helped us win the game. Sure assists can be a single bullet so a monkey can do it, but it can also mean the difference between life and death of a teammate. The fact that you're playing it off shows you have no idea what you're talking about.
#162bessy67(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 2:55:57 PM
pillerofautumn posted...
pillerofautumn posted...

Sorry, didn't realize you've played a whopping 250 games in between Reach and Halo 4. I stand corrected, you're a Halo master.

So because I don't play the game 20 hours a week I don't know what I'm talking about?

Exactly. It has nothing to do with 20 hours a week. It has to do with little experience. It clear from your stance that you haven't played out most scenarios to understand why assists are important and spread isn't.

To play off that other guy, I've played Team Doubles with a friend till level 48 in Halo 3. Most games we'd go back and forth each with 10-15 kills, and 5-10 deaths. Some games we'd meet our match, and one of us would actually go negative, but we still stuck together and helped get assists that still helped us win the game. Sure assists can be a single bullet so a monkey can do it, but it can also mean the difference between life and death of a teammate. The fact that you're playing it off shows you have no idea what you're talking about.

Good god people, this isn't team doubles, this isn't BTB, this isn't any game type other than team slayer that I'm talking about. And anyone with half a brain would tell you that in team slayer having a good k/d spread is better than having assists. And I'm not playing off assists. Go back, actually read some of my posts. Sure they're important, but k/d spread is more important.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#163lderivedxPosted 11/11/2012 2:58:47 PM
Today I learned that the first to 25 or 100 kills are not the same as first to 60 kills because they're not the same because they're different.
---
technically [bloom] adds to the game. but only in the same way cabbage adds to a bowl of froot loops. - ILikeJumpin
GT: i derive dx
#164iRGushPosted 11/11/2012 3:02:09 PM
pillerofautumn posted...
Assists are great, but they don't contribute directly to the team score and if you have a negative spread then your team still has to overcome your bad score to win no matter how many assists you get. You may make it easier for them to overcome your bad score, but you're still hurting the team.

When I was getting my 50 in doubles, sometimes I'd have games where I went 5-12 and my partner would go 20-6. Sure, I'd die, but my death would give my partner two easy kills and we'd retain map control. 2 kills for 1 death is still a net gain of 1 point and is preferable to gambling on two 1v1s where we could easily lose map control.

Good luck trying to explain logic to him.

I've been trying to for about the first 3 pages and it hasn't worked thus far.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
iRGush
#165pillerofautumnPosted 11/11/2012 3:04:43 PM
pillerofautumn posted...
pillerofautumn posted...

Good god people, this isn't team doubles, this isn't BTB, this isn't any game type other than team slayer that I'm talking about. And anyone with half a brain would tell you that in team slayer having a good k/d spread is better than having assists. And I'm not playing off assists. Go back, actually read some of my posts. Sure they're important, but k/d spread is more important.

Uh, you still have to get kills in Team Doubles, BTB and Team Slayer. So they are similar. K/D is important in all 3, unlike say, King of the Hill, where spread isn't as important. So it still applies, stop deflecting cause you have no argument.

And I'm not arguing that assists are more important than spread. I'm arguing that spread isn't as important as you're making it out to be because it doesn't tell the whole story.
#166bessy67(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 3:05:44 PM
iRGush posted...
pillerofautumn posted...
Assists are great, but they don't contribute directly to the team score and if you have a negative spread then your team still has to overcome your bad score to win no matter how many assists you get. You may make it easier for them to overcome your bad score, but you're still hurting the team.

When I was getting my 50 in doubles, sometimes I'd have games where I went 5-12 and my partner would go 20-6. Sure, I'd die, but my death would give my partner two easy kills and we'd retain map control. 2 kills for 1 death is still a net gain of 1 point and is preferable to gambling on two 1v1s where we could easily lose map control.

Good luck trying to explain logic to him.

I've been trying to for about the first 3 pages and it hasn't worked thus far.

Both arguments are logical. We both have valid points. I believe my point is correct, you believe yours is. End of story.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
#167bessy67(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 3:07:38 PM
pillerofautumn posted...
pillerofautumn posted...
pillerofautumn posted...

Uh, you still have to get kills in Team Doubles, BTB and Team Slayer. So they are similar. K/D is important in all 3, unlike say, King of the Hill, where spread isn't as important. So it still applies, stop deflecting cause you have no argument.

And I'm not arguing that assists are more important than spread. I'm arguing that spread isn't as important as you're making it out to be because it doesn't tell the whole story.

So then you agree with me. If you actually read my posts, you'd see that I also consider all things (# of kills, k/d spread, assists) to be integral parts of your overall performance in team slayer. I simply argue that k/d spread is the most important factor.
---
#168pillerofautumnPosted 11/11/2012 3:12:43 PM
So then you agree with me. If you actually read my posts, you'd see that I also consider all things (# of kills, k/d spread, assists) to be integral parts of your overall performance in team slayer. I simply argue that k/d spread is the most important factor.

If you have a negative kill/death spread then you are a detriment to your team.

You wrote that. Not anyone else. It's pretty clear the importance you're playing on spread to go as far to say that no matter how many assists you have, if you have a negative spread, you're hurting the team.

Except you're wrong. And since all these statistics are just as important in correlation, just rank it based on what the gametype demands: KILLS.
#169bessy67(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 3:14:52 PM
pillerofautumn posted...

If you have a negative kill/death spread then you are a detriment to your team.

You wrote that. Not anyone else. It's pretty clear the importance you're playing on spread to go as far to say that no matter how many assists you have, if you have a negative spread, you're hurting the team.

Except you're wrong. And since all these statistics are just as important in correlation, just rank it based on what the gametype demands: KILLS.

You honestly believe that going 10-15 with 10 assists is good for your team? Because it's not. You're just putting your team in a hole and then helping them out. If you didn't put them in a hole in the first place then it would be better.
---
#170gOwCoD4Posted 11/11/2012 3:15:29 PM
I like this score system better. It shows that you're being more useful than other members of your team. I mean, why should you sit at the bottom if you were carting around your team mate in a warthog? I get second place doing that a lot.
---
People really need to stop complaining about the inclusion of online passes...