Kill spread should be what determines end of game rankings

#171lderivedxPosted 11/11/2012 2:17:09 PM
If you didn't put them in a hole in the first place then it would be better.

Being possible to do better != detriment.
---
Also, we've already established that your amazing high skill 37 firmly establishes you as bad at Halo. - The Beanster
GT: i derive dx
#172pillerofautumnPosted 11/11/2012 2:19:00 PM
pillerofautumn posted...
So then you agree with me. If you actually read my posts, you'd see that I also consider all things (# of kills, k/d spread, assists) to be integral parts of your overall performance in team slayer. I simply argue that k/d spread is the most important factor.

If you have a negative kill/death spread then you are a detriment to your team.

You wrote that. Not anyone else. It's pretty clear the importance you're playing on spread to go as far to say that no matter how many assists you have, if you have a negative spread, you're hurting the team.

Except you're wrong. And since all these statistics are just as important in correlation, just rank it based on what the gametype demands: KILLS.

You honestly believe that going 10-15 with 10 assists is good for your team? Because it's not. You're just putting your team in a hole and then helping them out. If you didn't put them in a hole in the first place then it would be better.

10-15 with 10 assists might as well be 20-15 if you actually got the final shot. I run with a buddy all the time, so he takes a bunch of my kills. When he goes negative, it's a matter of miliseconds where I took his kill cause I landed the final shot. Yes, I believe 10-15 with 10 assists is better than 15-10 with no assists.
#173bessy67(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 2:22:02 PM
pillerofautumn posted...
pillerofautumn posted...
So then you agree with me. If you actually read my posts, you'd see that I also consider all things (# of kills, k/d spread, assists) to be integral parts of your overall performance in team slayer. I simply argue that k/d spread is the most important factor.

If you have a negative kill/death spread then you are a detriment to your team.

You wrote that. Not anyone else. It's pretty clear the importance you're playing on spread to go as far to say that no matter how many assists you have, if you have a negative spread, you're hurting the team.

Except you're wrong. And since all these statistics are just as important in correlation, just rank it based on what the gametype demands: KILLS.

You honestly believe that going 10-15 with 10 assists is good for your team? Because it's not. You're just putting your team in a hole and then helping them out. If you didn't put them in a hole in the first place then it would be better.

10-15 with 10 assists might as well be 20-15 if you actually got the final shot. I run with a buddy all the time, so he takes a bunch of my kills. When he goes negative, it's a matter of miliseconds where I took his kill cause I landed the final shot. Yes, I believe 10-15 with 10 assists is better than 15-10 with no assists.

Except chances are some or all of the kills credited to you were assisted by someone else. Saying that 10 kills and 10 assists is pretty much the same as 20 kills is just silly.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#174SeiferFCPosted 11/11/2012 2:25:32 PM
bessy67 posted...
iRGush posted...
So if I go 55-54 and you go 5-0, you're more useful than I was?

Yes. You contributed a net 10 points while I contributed a net 50. It's not that hard to understand...

If you only have one more kill than death, then your entire effort is negated by one teammate having one more death than kill.

The only thing that's important is the win. It doesn't matter how much you won by. Ask any ****ing championship team in history.
---
This is the scene where you swear your undying hatred for me!
#175bessy67(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 2:26:36 PM
SeiferFC posted...
bessy67 posted...
iRGush posted...

Yes. You contributed a net 10 points while I contributed a net 50. It's not that hard to understand...

If you only have one more kill than death, then your entire effort is negated by one teammate having one more death than kill.

The only thing that's important is the win. It doesn't matter how much you won by. Ask any ****ing championship team in history.

And your team has a better chance of winning if you get a good k/d spread.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
#176SeiferFCPosted 11/11/2012 2:27:50 PM
Getting an assist means you helped another player guarantee a kill. If you're helping someone else go more positive than you're going negative, you're helping the team by a net gain. Again, how much that net gain is, is irrelevant. A gain is a gain.
---
#177SeiferFCPosted 11/11/2012 2:29:13 PM
bessy67 posted...
SeiferFC posted...
bessy67 posted...
iRGush posted...

People have explained to you multiple times why this doesn't matter. If you're winning you're winning. That's all there is to it.

Stop being stupid and get over it.
---
#178pillerofautumnPosted 11/11/2012 2:33:20 PM(edited)
Except chances are some or all of the kills credited to you were assisted by someone else. Saying that 10 kills and 10 assists is pretty much the same as 20 kills is just silly.

That's an assumption entirely on your part. Most of my kills are mine alone, or like I said, with the help of my friend. Ever wonder why the carnage report usually has people ranged in the 5-10 in assists? It takes like 2 seconds to kill someone. Not much time for someone else to intervene. Rarely do I see more than 1 or 2 people in the double digits. Around half the kills in any given game are uncontested.
#179bessy67(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 2:37:29 PM(edited)
SeiferFC posted...
bessy67 posted...
SeiferFC posted...
bessy67 posted...
iRGush posted...

People have explained to you multiple times why this doesn't matter. If you're winning you're winning. That's all there is to it.

Stop being stupid and get over it.

OK, you have a +1 spread, and your other three teammates have spreads of +1, +1, and -4. This means you lose. Now, if you have a +3 spread while your teammates have spreads of +1, +1, and -4 then you win. How am I the only one that gets this?
---
#180bessy67(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 2:33:40 PM
pillerofautumn posted...

That's an assumption entirely on your part. Most of my kills are mine alone, or like I said, with the help of my friend. Ever wonder why the carnage report usually has people ranged in the 5-10 in assists? It takes like 3 seconds to kill someone. Not much time for someone else to intervene. Rarely do I see more than 1 or 2 people in the double digits. Around half the kills in any given game are uncontested.

It's a valid assumption. It's also a valid assumption that your team would get at least some of the kills without your assists. So I still say that saying that 10 kills 10 assists is pretty much the same as 20 kills is silly.
---