Kill spread should be what determines end of game rankings

#191pillerofautumnPosted 11/11/2012 4:00:05 PM
Really? Because the way I see it, an assist is approximately half of a kill. so 7-9 with 15 assists is about +7, while 10-3 with 3 assists is about +8.

And since when is what you see something as, what it actually is?
#192ZheakkPosted 11/11/2012 4:01:14 PM
The fact remains that the actual end game score isn't really what matters. It is what actually happened in a game. Someone who has a worse spread but is actively trying to put his team in a better place by drawing fire or pushing for important map position is much more valuable than someone who has a better spread but did little more than hide the whole game taking opportunity kills. You can argue that you contributed more points-wise, but a team full of people who want a high k/d and aren't willing to contribute assists is not going to do well
#193mweezy10Posted 11/11/2012 4:01:15 PM
It's quite easy.

If you have one guy going 25-24 he is doing more than the 10-3 guy. He's providing more of a distraction to allow the 10-3 to pick off the stragglers or steal kills while the 25-24 lowers their shields.

Think of it this way. If you have two guys that go 25-24, guess what? The game is to 50, and your team won 50-48. If you have two guys going 10-3, you're sitting on a 20-6 score. THAT is what "looks nice" but doesn't matter. The goal is to win. You win faster with the 25-24 guy. You're talking style points when you're worried about the K/D. As long as you're +1, you're doing great.

It comes down to are you trying to win or are you trying to make your numbers look good? I'll take the 25-24 guy any day of the week.

The truth is, especially on big team matches, you need to have both types of player. Yes both are effective, but 25-24 is more of an impact on the total outcome of the match.
---
Gamertag: Black Aces | Advocare distributor - teamdowork.net
*This line changes when Cowboys win SuperBowl* (2003)
#194bessy67(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 4:03:03 PM
mweezy10 posted...
I
Think of it this way. If you have two guys that go 25-24, guess what? The game is to 50, and your team won 50-48.

Except the game is to 60, and if you have a third teammate that's 8-12 then you lose. Higher spread = better chance of winning.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#195The DevourerPosted 11/11/2012 4:13:01 PM
TC, you are wrong. When the hell has this ever counted except for in games where they just get your score from kills minus deaths? It's extremely uncommon and therefore this is a stupid idea without it being implemented on a specific game type.
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#196JonbazookabozPosted 11/11/2012 4:14:36 PM
Completely agree with tc
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#197bessy67(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 4:14:54 PM
The Devourer posted...
TC, you are wrong. When the hell has this ever counted except for in games where they just get your score from kills minus deaths? It's extremely uncommon and therefore this is a stupid idea without it being implemented on a specific game type.

Every one of your deaths counts as a kill for the other team. If you go 25-24 then you give your team 250 points but you also give the other team 240. Please tell me again how those 240 points don't count...
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#198DisastersaurusPosted 11/11/2012 4:22:13 PM
who cares

it's team slayer. the only thing that matters is winning the game.

if you want it to be about you, do regicide

stop whining
---
Gamefaqs User Cycle: Join. Get Trolled. Tell yourself you'll never troll like that. Constantly argue with trolls. Give up and start trolling new users.
#199ZombiDeadZombiPosted 11/11/2012 4:26:28 PM
bessy67 posted...
pillerofautumn posted...
pillerofautumn posted...
An assist can be as little as one bullet from an AR. A monkey could consistently get good assist numbers by choosing a suppressor and holding down the trigger. That does not mean you're helping your team. But a negative kill/death spread certainly means that you're hurting your team. Also, every kill is worth only 10 points overall to the team score. You personally may get 15 points because of a headshot/revenge/etc but it only counts as 10 to the team.

Yeah, and according to you, a monkey can also get 25 kills with an AR by holding down the trigger. So what does that mean for you, who can only muster 10 kills?

You definitely have a limited grasp of playing Halo, or any team based game really. Just give it up. It's a bad idea and it's not going to happen. You're wrong as wrong can be,

When did I ever say that I went 10-3, or ever claim that I was good at this game? It's just an example...

Since you haven't actually played a single game of Halo 4 yet and only about 200 in Halo Reach, it's exactly what I thought, you have a limited grasp of Halo. It's like someone trying to talk Football who has never seen a single game or played before. Just save yourself the embarrassment by keeping your misguided ideas to yourself.

Lol, try again buddy.

https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/Halo4/Bessy67/home/

Looking at your stats says a hell of a whole lot.

For shame.
#200SAspringPosted 11/11/2012 4:27:19 PM
Really? Because the way I see it, an assist is at most half of a kill. so 7-9 with 15 assists is at max +5, while 10-3 with 3 assists is at max +8.

A player with 7 kills and 15 assists is contributing to 22 kills in a game type that involves killing. A person with 10 kills and 3 assists is contributing to 9 less kills. Yeah their kd is higher but in slayer there's more that matters, stop dismissing everything else that goes on in slayer.