Kill spread should be what determines end of game rankings

#21iRGushPosted 11/11/2012 6:33:10 AM
bessy67 posted...
iRGush posted...
bessy67 posted...
iRGush posted...
So if I go 55-54 and you go 5-0, you're more useful than I was?

Yes. You contributed a net 10 points while I contributed a net 50. It's not that hard to understand...

So if I wasn't there, you think you could get all those 55 kills by youself on top of the team focusing on you more since I won't die 54 times?

Yeah. Even with your 55 kills gone, I'm confident that I could end the match with a far better than +1 spread. It would take longer, but the team would end up winning by a wider margin.

So you don't think you dying 0 times had anything to do with the your team mate dying 54 times? You're overestimating yourself by a longshot if you think just because you played passive, that you could win without the guy who actually pushes. Regardless if he traded, hes stopping them from getting map control.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
GT: iRGush
#22Orange_ApplePosted 11/11/2012 6:33:12 AM
The person with more kills is helping more, but if he is constantly dying he is also bringing the team down. Who is to say the guy who got 25 kills couldn't have done it with getting less than 10 deaths?

I mean if you win the game, you win.
---
Without Orange, Apple's stock will have a vitamin C deficiency.- Neeky
#23bessy67(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 6:38:50 AM
iRGush posted...
bessy67 posted...
iRGush posted...
bessy67 posted...
iRGush posted...
So if I go 55-54 and you go 5-0, you're more useful than I was?

Yes. You contributed a net 10 points while I contributed a net 50. It's not that hard to understand...

So if I wasn't there, you think you could get all those 55 kills by youself on top of the team focusing on you more since I won't die 54 times?

Yeah. Even with your 55 kills gone, I'm confident that I could end the match with a far better than +1 spread. It would take longer, but the team would end up winning by a wider margin.

So you don't think you dying 0 times had anything to do with the your team mate dying 54 times? You're overestimating yourself by a longshot if you think just because you played passive, that you could win without the guy who actually pushes. Regardless if he traded, hes stopping them from getting map control.

Let's drop your ridiculous 55/54 and 5/0 scenario and go back to my much more realistic 25/24 and 10/3 one. Let's not mistake staying with the team and not running off for solo suicide runs for being passive. If you actually stayed with the team and didn't run off to trade a death for every kill, then you'd probably end up with a much greater spread as well. Sure there'd be more aggro directed at your team, but by sticking together it's not that hard to overcome that while still maintaining high K/D ratios.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#24Mike_HD2Posted 11/11/2012 6:41:05 AM
The aim is to get 50 kills. You have not contributed more by dying less. It's simple.
#25bessy67(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 6:42:52 AM
Mike_HD2 posted...
The aim is to get 50 kills. You have not contributed more by dying less. It's simple.

No, the aim is to beat the enemy team. By dying less I increase the point spread between my team and the enemy team more.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#26iRGushPosted 11/11/2012 6:43:23 AM
bessy67 posted...

Let's drop your ridiculous 55/54 and 5/0 scenario and go back to my much more realistic 25/24 and 10/3 one. Let's not mistake staying with the team and not running off for solo suicide runs for being passive. If you actually stayed with the team and didn't run off to trade a death for every kill, then you'd probably end up with a much greater spread as well. Sure there'd be more aggro directed at your team, but by sticking together it's not that hard to overcome that while still maintaining high K/D ratios.

If a member like that is running off and trading, hes blocking them from getting power positions majority of the time, instead of playing passive like you most likely did. It sounds like you idea of sticking as a team would be staying at main ramp and letting the other team go top mid on a map like haven, that doesn't work. If you were a good teammate, you would have rushed with him because you clearly understand the value of a teamshot if you want to stick as a team. You both would never die but instead you sit back and get only 10 kills for your team barely contributing to the 60 needed in comparison to the 25 he got.
---
#27Mike_HD2Posted 11/11/2012 6:43:54 AM
Mike_HD2 posted...

No, the aim is to beat the enemy team. By dying less I increase the point spread between my team and the enemy team more.

By getting the most kills.
#28The BeansterPosted 11/11/2012 6:44:15 AM
Your teammate who goes 25-24 enables you, at least to some degree, to go 10-3. Thus, you can't just say you're helping win more than him. I'm not sure you understand the concept of a team game.
---
i7-2600k @ 4.8 Ghz | 2x MSI 7970 Lightning @ 1200/1800 | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Sleeping Dogs || GT: The Ownage
#29iRGushPosted 11/11/2012 6:44:36 AM
bessy67 posted...
Mike_HD2 posted...

If its a 60-59 win, no body gives 2 craps if you went +4 because you won, you didn't do anything in the grand scheme when you look at the score, he did. It doesn't matter if he died more because he helped reach the score more than you did if he went 25-24.
---
#30__balePosted 11/11/2012 6:46:52 AM
im the best player in this topic by far:

slayer is about killing. 25-24 is much better than 10-3 in slayer. its not even close. if you go 10-3 in this games slayer (unless you have 25 assists) you played a horrible game