Kill spread should be what determines end of game rankings

#221Bondo_6464Posted 11/11/2012 5:35:10 PM
I read the first page and don't care to read anymore, but still want to cough up my 2 cents.

Basically some people see the game as "we have this many points". Others will see it as "We have this many points more than the enemy" it seems this topic is all about these two mindsets clashing. It gets a little philosophical, is the point of the game to win, or to not let the opposing team win?
---
Crom...
#222hartjhPosted 11/12/2012 5:59:32 AM
Loyal Royal posted...
Ok I'll stay for this one and this one only. They would've done better without you. I would ask you to look at it again until you realise but for the sake of your sanity here it is... They would've won 30-0. It would've been a massively boring and massively slow game but they would've won. By a very large margin. A shut-out, in fact.

You're wrong, but if you believe that there is no point of continuing the conversation.
---
The only K/D that does matter is your real life one. _ZM_
#223iRGushPosted 11/12/2012 6:02:28 AM
No one even said spread means nothing but in your scenario in the op, you're completely wrong
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
iRGush
#224DarkBlademasterPosted 11/12/2012 6:03:58 AM
bessy67 posted...
I know it doesn't matter, but it just irks me that the end of game rankings are determined by score alone. Sure, those 25 kills you have look pretty, but my 10 kills and 3 deaths contributed more to the team than your 25 kills and 24 deaths.

/rant

I think a better comparison would have been "my 10 kills and 3 deaths contributed more to the team than your 25 kills and 27 deaths."

-But I do somewhat agree with you, TC.
---
GT: Vidar Immortal
www.youtube.com/vidar2112
#225Loyal RoyalPosted 11/12/2012 6:07:51 AM
Mate, what do you mean if I believe that? It's fact. If 4 people go 10-0, you win 40-0. If 3 people go 10-0 and one goes 30-30, you win 60-30. If everybody went 30-30, the game would be a draw. The guys with the positive spread are directly responsible for the team winning.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#226The BeansterPosted 11/12/2012 6:37:55 AM(edited)
Loyal Royal posted...
Mate, what do you mean if I believe that? It's fact. If 4 people go 10-0, you win 40-0. If 3 people go 10-0 and one goes 30-30, you win 60-30. If everybody went 30-30, the game would be a draw. The guys with the positive spread are directly responsible for the team winning.

Not that simple. If someone gets a very high # of kills and deaths in a game, e.g. the 25-24 scenario OP is talking about, that person is taking up so much attention from the other team that it's EASY for teammates to get some kills without many deaths, e.g. 10-3.

Like irgush said - nobody is saying spread flat out doesn't matter (and if they say that, they're wrong), but OP's point is wrong and now he's trying to move the goalposts, as it were.

Placement-by-spread isn't a good idea; there's no upside to it over the current kills+assists placement. And, 25-24 is both more difficult to do and more helpful to the team than 10-3, unless that 10-3 is like 10-20-3.
---
i7-2600k @ 4.8 Ghz | 2x MSI 7970 Lightning @ 1200/1800 | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Sleeping Dogs || GT: The Ownage
#227bessy67(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 6:40:22 AM
DarkBlademaster posted...
bessy67 posted...
I know it doesn't matter, but it just irks me that the end of game rankings are determined by score alone. Sure, those 25 kills you have look pretty, but my 10 kills and 3 deaths contributed more to the team than your 25 kills and 24 deaths.

/rant

I think a better comparison would have been "my 10 kills and 3 deaths contributed more to the team than your 25 kills and 27 deaths."

-But I do somewhat agree with you, TC.

That comparison is more obvious though. I think that most people (except these assist fanatics from the last couple of pages) would agree that someone going +7 is better than someone going -2 no matter how many total kills were involved. It's a much more difficult choice between +7 and +1 when factoring in total number of kills.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#228bessy67(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 6:42:51 AM(edited)
The Beanster posted...
Loyal Royal posted...

Not that simple. If someone gets a very high # of kills and deaths in a game, e.g. the 25-24 scenario OP is talking about, that person is taking up so much attention from the other team that it's EASY for teammates to get some kills without many deaths, e.g. 10-3.

Like irgush said - nobody is saying spread flat out doesn't matter (and if they say that, they're wrong), but OP's point is wrong and now he's trying to move the goalposts, as it were.

Placement-by-spread isn't a good idea; there's no upside to it over the current kills+assists placement. And, 25-24 is both more difficult to do and more helpful to the team than 10-3, unless that 10-3 is like 10-20-3.

You at least agree that k/d spread shows a part of overall performance so maybe it should be factored into the final rankings?
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
#229pillerofautumnPosted 11/12/2012 7:30:50 AM
You at least agree that k/d spread shows a part of overall performance so maybe it should be factored into the final rankings?

It definitely shows part of the overall performance, and I wouldn't mind it being factored in. Maybe they could take some points off the board every time you die and that would essentially be your spread.
#230bessy67(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 7:32:21 AM
pillerofautumn posted...

It definitely shows part of the overall performance, and I wouldn't mind it being factored in. Maybe they could take some points off the board every time you die and that would essentially be your spread.

Hooray! Compromise! Now if only the American government could learn from our example...
---