Kill spread should be what determines end of game rankings

#31bessy67(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 6:47:30 AM
iRGush posted...
bessy67 posted...
Mike_HD2 posted...
The aim is to get 50 kills. You have not contributed more by dying less. It's simple.

No, the aim is to beat the enemy team. By dying less I increase the point spread between my team and the enemy team more.

If its a 60-59 win, no body gives 2 craps if you went +4 because you won, you didn't do anything in the grand scheme when you look at the score, he did. It doesn't matter if he died more because he helped reach the score more than you did if he went 25-24.

Or, if it's a 60-59 loss, nobody gives 2 craps that you got 25 kills with 24 deaths since your entire game was negated by the other noob on the team that got 5 kills and 7 deaths.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#32iRGushPosted 11/11/2012 6:49:56 AM
bessy67 posted...
iRGush posted...
bessy67 posted...
Mike_HD2 posted...
The aim is to get 50 kills. You have not contributed more by dying less. It's simple.

No, the aim is to beat the enemy team. By dying less I increase the point spread between my team and the enemy team more.

If its a 60-59 win, no body gives 2 craps if you went +4 because you won, you didn't do anything in the grand scheme when you look at the score, he did. It doesn't matter if he died more because he helped reach the score more than you did if he went 25-24.

Or, if it's a 60-59 loss, nobody gives 2 craps that you got 25 kills with 24 deaths since your entire game was negated by the other noob on the team that got 5 kills and 7 deaths.

It doesn't matter because he helped more toward the 60 kills than you did. I was trying to emphasize this in my 55-54 and 5-0 example to point out how useless you were but clearly you don't get it.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
GT: iRGush
#33VeluxierPosted 11/11/2012 6:50:50 AM
Would rather have people NOT feeding the enemy with kills and points, thanks.
---
Now Playing: Borderlands 2, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Halo 4, Pokemon Black Version 2
#34bessy67(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 6:51:47 AM(edited)
iRGush posted...
bessy67 posted...
iRGush posted...
bessy67 posted...
Mike_HD2 posted...

It doesn't matter because he helped more toward the 60 kills than you did. I was trying to emphasize this in my 55-54 and 5-0 example to point out how useless you were but clearly you don't get it.

No, you clearly don't get that a net of 50 points is greater than a net of 10.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
#35iRGushPosted 11/11/2012 6:55:07 AM
bessy67 posted...

I don't think you understand that without his 55 kills, you would have lost. You can't do it by yourself because there isn't a teammate dying 54 times to take the deaths for you while you sit back.
---
#36bessy67(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 6:56:43 AM
iRGush posted...
bessy67 posted...

I don't think you understand that without his 55 kills, you would have lost. You can't do it by yourself because there isn't a teammate dying 54 times to take the deaths for you while you sit back.

I can sustain a better than +1 spread by sticking with the team, and the guy with 55/54 could too if he didn't run off on little suicide runs.
---
#37Enix BelmontPosted 11/11/2012 6:56:54 AM
I absolutely love having teammate like that, that goes even or so but manages to not be negative while pushing forward. Keeps me alive, keeps them from getting the good stuff, helps me get kills and not die.
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg
#38iRGushPosted 11/11/2012 6:58:19 AM
bessy67 posted...
iRGush posted...
bessy67 posted...

I can sustain a better than +1 spread by sticking with the team, and the guy with 55/54 could too if he didn't run off on little suicide runs.

It doesn't matter if you sustain +1 or +7, you hardly got any kills.
---
#39SAspringPosted 11/11/2012 6:59:18 AM
So I should start a game going 2-0 and then hide somewhere for the rest of the game? Then if my teammate goes 58-57 I should laugh at him for being so bad because I had a better kd spread right? Yeah that makes sense.
#40bessy67(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 6:59:20 AM
Enix Belmont posted...
I absolutely love having teammate like that, that goes even or so but manages to not be negative while pushing forward. Keeps me alive, keeps them from getting the good stuff, helps me get kills and not die.

No, him dying a lot helps them get the good stuff. By killing him a lot they get ordinance faster.
---