Kill spread should be what determines end of game rankings

#41bessy67(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 8:00:42 AM
SAspring posted...
So I should start a game going 2-0 and then hide somewhere for the rest of the game? Then if my teammate goes 58-57 I should laugh at him for being so bad because I had a better kd spread right? Yeah that makes sense.

No. You should keep being aggressive while sticking with your team and not be overly aggressive and trade a death for every kill...
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#42JubilantZombiesPosted 11/11/2012 8:02:32 AM
Mike_HD2 posted...
Mike_HD2 posted...
The aim is to get 50 kills. You have not contributed more by dying less. It's simple.

No, the aim is to beat the enemy team. By dying less I increase the point spread between my team and the enemy team more.

By getting the most kills.

Well...more points. The guy who went 25-24 could have also got many assists and whatnot.
---
To enjoy the sun, we must first get past the rain
http://www.last.fm/user/playa4eva2024 GT: ON3 M1C
#43iRGushPosted 11/11/2012 8:02:59 AM
bessy67 posted...
SAspring posted...
So I should start a game going 2-0 and then hide somewhere for the rest of the game? Then if my teammate goes 58-57 I should laugh at him for being so bad because I had a better kd spread right? Yeah that makes sense.

No. You should keep being aggressive while sticking with your team and not be overly aggressive and trade a death for every kill...

If you didnt hide the whole game and actually push with him, maybe you could get more than 10 kills and keep both of you alive. But you're too busy being more useful than him sitting back and getting less than half his kills.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
GT: iRGush
#44WebstedgePosted 11/11/2012 8:03:40 AM
having a good spread is important but ranking by it would be stupid
---
https://p.twimg.com/AirgRzVCEAAPBp6.jpg
#45Alternative_1Posted 11/11/2012 8:05:31 AM
lol @ bads thinking hiding in corners is "good" play.
---
tahts halo
dont worry
#46SAspringPosted 11/11/2012 8:06:49 AM
Unless you had 15+ assists I would prefer the other teammate. I hate teammates that go like 6-2 or 8-4, makes me wonder where the heck they were the entire game.
#47Shadows_Of_FallPosted 11/11/2012 8:16:23 AM
bessy67 posted...
I know it doesn't matter, but it just irks me that the end of game rankings are determined by score alone. Sure, those 25 kills you have look pretty, but my 10 kills and 3 deaths contributed more to the team than your 25 kills and 24 deaths.

/rant

Incorrect. The 25 pushed closer to victory. Also, that would only benefit the best and would absolutely suck for everyone else. Besides, it's irrelevant in any objective game. KotH-Holding the hill is all that matters. If you die trying to distract the enemy, or die while your team pushes without getting a kill, you still helped more.

Dominion-All about the bases. If a Wraith is harassing your base and stopping your team from getting either of the other two, losing 10+ lives trying to either take it out or get to your wraith or maybe even try to capture another base, it's worth it.

But nice try elitist. It's just that teamwork>KD Spread in many of the game types.
---
HG/SS>B/W>D/P/Pl>FR/LG>R/S/E
Dragonbrand-Reckless Response (Re)
#48The BeansterPosted 11/11/2012 8:18:49 AM(edited)
Shadows_Of_Fall posted...
But nice try elitist. It's just that teamwork>KD Spread in many of the game types.

I don't think he's an elitist... if he is, he's an elitist who is also bad. No good player would argue that spread should determine placing over total kills in a slayer game.

Also, it's more difficult to go 25-24 than it is to go 10-3... just sayin'
---
i7-2600k @ 4.8 Ghz | 2x MSI 7970 Lightning @ 1200/1800 | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Sleeping Dogs || GT: The Ownage
#49bessy67(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 8:18:42 AM
Shadows_Of_Fall posted...
bessy67 posted...
I know it doesn't matter, but it just irks me that the end of game rankings are determined by score alone. Sure, those 25 kills you have look pretty, but my 10 kills and 3 deaths contributed more to the team than your 25 kills and 24 deaths.

/rant

Incorrect. The 25 pushed closer to victory. Also, that would only benefit the best and would absolutely suck for everyone else. Besides, it's irrelevant in any objective game. KotH-Holding the hill is all that matters. If you die trying to distract the enemy, or die while your team pushes without getting a kill, you still helped more.

Dominion-All about the bases. If a Wraith is harassing your base and stopping your team from getting either of the other two, losing 10+ lives trying to either take it out or get to your wraith or maybe even try to capture another base, it's worth it.

So you freely admit that the person with the largest spread is the best? Then why shouldn't they be ranked as the best? And I meant for slayer only, obviously for objective games the objectives are more important.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#50singhellotakuPosted 11/11/2012 8:19:03 AM
Are we still arguing this crap after nearly a decade? Let it go, nobody cares.