Kill spread should be what determines end of game rankings

#51JonWhitakerPosted 11/11/2012 8:20:32 AM
what is with people defending guys who run aimlessly into battle and only get one kill then die right after? is that how you guys play? take any 'good' or 'professional' team that plays an fps and show me they designate one guy to charge the other team with nearly a 1:1 ratio of k/d. any good team tries to die as little as possible while getting the most kills, it's embarrassing to have a barely positive k/d spread for any good player.

the game should be ranked by kills as it is, but don't try to make that point by defending bad players. we all know most of the Xbox community with those spreads are not doing it strategically, they suck at the game and run in with no strategy and are free kills for me.
---
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/lightningbla-1777/
#52bessy67(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 8:21:11 AM(edited)
The Beanster posted...
Shadows_Of_Fall posted...
But nice try elitist. It's just that teamwork>KD Spread in many of the game types.

I don't think he's an elitist... if he is, he's an elitist who is also bad. No good player would argue that spread should determine placing over total kills in a slayer game.

Also, it's more difficult to go 25-24 than it is to go 10-3... just sayin'

So according to you, someone going 17/23 contributes more to the team than someone who goes 14/8? And it's not more difficult to go 25/24, all you have to do is run into the other team with an AR holding down the trigger...
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#53monkey_on_tvPosted 11/11/2012 8:26:30 AM
I could not agree more, sure on FFA games that might work, but when its just two teams battling it out i agree KD spread is all that matters
---
GT: Leon Whybray
#54Enix BelmontPosted 11/11/2012 8:28:51 AM
bessy67 posted...
Enix Belmont posted...
I absolutely love having teammate like that, that goes even or so but manages to not be negative while pushing forward. Keeps me alive, keeps them from getting the good stuff, helps me get kills and not die.

No, him dying a lot helps them get the good stuff. By killing him a lot they get ordinance faster.

I was thinking of vehicles, but you've got a point. If it's just one guy and he's decent, just impatient, I'm OK with it.
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg
#55iRGushPosted 11/11/2012 8:29:27 AM
bessy67 posted...
The Beanster posted...
But nice try elitist. It's just that teamwork>KD Spread in many of the game types.

I don't think he's an elitist... if he is, he's an elitist who is also bad. No good player would argue that spread should determine placing over total kills in a slayer game.

So according to you, someone going 17/23 contributes more to the team than someone who goes 14/8? And it's not more difficult to go 25/24, all you have to do is run into the other team with an AR holding down the trigger...

If its that easy to get 25 kills with the AR, how come you couldn't do it?
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
GT: iRGush
#56bessy67(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 8:30:17 AM
iRGush posted...
bessy67 posted...
The Beanster posted...

Because I want to maintain a better K/D than 1. Having a K/D of 1 does not in any way help the team.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
#57DericViiperPosted 11/11/2012 8:31:10 AM
no thanks. my epic assists are worth more than your kills which you most likely got camping with a sniper anyway.
---
[ Gamertag: Viiper ] [ 3DS: 1977-0177-3689 ]
Animal Crossing: City Folk [ Das in e 4942-1810-9471 ]
#58bessy67(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 8:33:12 AM
DericViiper posted...
no thanks. my epic assists are worth more than your kills which you most likely got camping with a sniper anyway.

I have a combined 6 kills between all 3 sniper rifles, so that's definitely not it.
---
#59mudkip72Posted 11/11/2012 8:33:20 AM
I agree. Having a good kill spread is more important than sheer number of kills or kill/death ratio (yes, there's a slight difference between spread and k/d)
#60iRGushPosted 11/11/2012 8:34:44 AM
bessy67 posted...
iRGush posted...
bessy67 posted...
The Beanster posted...

Because I want to maintain a better K/D than 1. Having a K/D of 1 does not in any way help the team.

It does when you got majority of the kills and won.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
GT: iRGush