Kill spread should be what determines end of game rankings

#61sonicteam2k1Posted 11/11/2012 8:36:16 AM
lol TC mad because he got outscored by his teammate.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#62RMPCobraPosted 11/11/2012 8:36:20 AM
So if me and my 2 team mates are doing call outs pushing the other team together while the 3rd sits in back of complex with a shotgun waiting for someone to come in, and we still end up losing but he goes 8 and 2 no I don't think he contributed to the match at all.

He could of done more
#63bessy67(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 8:37:21 AM
iRGush posted...

It does when you got majority of the kills and won.

Just stop...I refuse to have this argument with someone with a Slayer KD under 1.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#64RayzerTagPosted 11/11/2012 8:39:34 AM(edited)
EDIT: Oh wait, this debate has been going for far more pages, I see. Maybe that makes my point irrelevant but I can't be bothered to read all of it, so let's just remove this comment.
---
#teambrad
http://i.minus.com/iAXtLWueScaM0.gif
#65iRGushPosted 11/11/2012 8:40:13 AM(edited)
bessy67 posted...
iRGush posted...

Just stop...I refuse to have this argument with someone with a Slayer KD under 1.

Yea, I'd want to stop arguing too if I was an idiot out of points
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
GT: iRGush
#66JonWhitakerPosted 11/11/2012 8:41:55 AM
bessy67 posted...
iRGush posted...

it's funny if you start looking up people's GT's people with bad k/d spreads almost always have bad win/loss ratios.
---
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/lightningbla-1777/
#67bessy67(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 8:48:19 AM
iRGush posted...
bessy67 posted...
iRGush posted...

No, I want to stop arguing with someone who clearly has no business being part of the argument.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#68MercaliciousPosted 11/11/2012 8:52:01 AM
See, if this was a different Halo, I would agree that the teammate dying 24 times while getting the 25 kills had more of an impact on the team since he added more to the overall score and probably setup most of the kills his teammates got.

But, with the addition of ordinance and the fact that the other team gets it depending on how much they kill, dying a disproportionate amount of times compared to your team could be a pretty bad thing. He's giving the other team a chance to get critical weapons at a critical point in the game where they could make a push and end up winning.

Sure, he had 5/12 of the team's kills, but he was also 2/5 of the other team's kills, and that's a problem.

Those of you saying that Slayer is all about killing are correct, but you need to remember that you still need to make sure you're in a good position to win. Dying that many times, with the inclusion of ordinance, is not putting you in a good position.
---
"You can't win a marathon without putting some band-aids on your nipples."
GT: TheyCallMeArjun
#69iRGushPosted 11/11/2012 8:52:25 AM
bessy67 posted...
iRGush posted...
bessy67 posted...
iRGush posted...

No, I want to stop arguing with someone who clearly has no business being part of the argument.

How would I not be part of the argument? I've told you how wrong you are for thing long and you need a scapegoat to make yourself feel like you're right and better when your clearly wrong and too stuborn to admit it. You really just want to be rewarded for sitting back and doing nothing for your team when you should because, well, you did nothing for your team.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
iRGush
#70VascelaPosted 11/11/2012 8:53:35 AM
Taken to the extreme, I'd rather go 60-59 (with team going 0-0-60 assists all around!) instead of 2-0 (teammates total 58 other kills as well for a win).

Granted, if you didn't have a teammate bombing in all your kills to finish the game at a reasonable pace, the team who has a 2-0 guy will eventually be 3-0, 4-0, 5-0, 6-1, and however well forward. Given that they have extra time (in a timed game, but still plausible), they will also win the game in a different effective manner. But that's not to say going 60-59 is ineffective. Because it still won.

Going 2-0 over the course of a whole match--I'm certain some people find that fun. That is enjoyable for a select group of people who I don't believe I can sway. On the other hand, I'm also certain some people find getting 60 kills fun (in an ideal).

If you don't want to talk about ideals, I don't think you should probably talk about this "on paper." We don't have human error in a discussion saying "Well, I don't think you could go 60-59, it doesn't sound plausible." Because, even if it doesn't sound 100% plausible, it's still possible (hence, this being "on paper").