Who would win between..

#151VectorChaosPosted 11/12/2012 9:15:52 AM
Suddenly, Bitterman BFG10K's them all, because he is clearly the superior shooter protagonist.
---
PSN: VectorChaos || WTF || XBL: Vector Chaos
I'm the best there is, plain and simple, I mean I wake up in the mornin' and I piss excellence.
#152MikDaTvPosted 11/12/2012 9:18:28 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
RichGamebuddy posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...

Your entire argument falls apart given the fact that Halo guns are nothing compared to Mass Effect guns. None of this "reaction time, speed, blah blah blah" b******* matters when Shepard simply has more firepower. Like I said, an average person with an assault rifle will outgun the world's best archer, from sheer firepower. That's Shepard's advantage. That is the only advantage needed.

Of course it matters!!! What are you even talking about?!? 10-20 ms of reaction time is essentially instant and can be used to close the distance on Shepard in a matter of seconds...NTM you seem to have skipped over this entirely:ME codex eplicitely states that ME shields and barriers simply do not work against DEWs (directed energy weapons) like lasers or beams etc. That's directly from ME cannon.

which means a plasma pistol or rifle would do the trick just fine....if he cant have covie weapons then a spartan laser works too...NTM youre grossly overvaluing the weapons shepard has and undervaluing the ones John has...

Kinetic barriers would work just fine against plasma weapons. Plasma is a physical substance and its mass can be effected by mass effect fields like any other physical substance.
---
BONESAW IS READY!!!!! to join the Downing 213 Gaming Clan
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Downing_213/index/
#153Masemune_100Posted 11/12/2012 9:22:22 AM
shadeaux posted...
I still have yet to come across and character anywhere that can rival a wild Goku appearing,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzpY6pLIMQs
Educate yourself.
---
Rule #1 of Resident Evil: Don't catch the sunglasses.
GT - Judgement Blade
#154Sniper_BrosefPosted 11/12/2012 9:27:38 AM
MikDaTv posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
RichGamebuddy posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...

Your entire argument falls apart given the fact that Halo guns are nothing compared to Mass Effect guns. None of this "reaction time, speed, blah blah blah" b******* matters when Shepard simply has more firepower. Like I said, an average person with an assault rifle will outgun the world's best archer, from sheer firepower. That's Shepard's advantage. That is the only advantage needed.

Of course it matters!!! What are you even talking about?!? 10-20 ms of reaction time is essentially instant and can be used to close the distance on Shepard in a matter of seconds...NTM you seem to have skipped over this entirely:ME codex eplicitely states that ME shields and barriers simply do not work against DEWs (directed energy weapons) like lasers or beams etc. That's directly from ME cannon.

which means a plasma pistol or rifle would do the trick just fine....if he cant have covie weapons then a spartan laser works too...NTM youre grossly overvaluing the weapons shepard has and undervaluing the ones John has...

Kinetic barriers would work just fine against plasma weapons. Plasma is a physical substance and its mass can be effected by mass effect fields like any other physical substance.

so did you just skip the post about ME shields being vulnerable to energy based weapons, as stated in a codec?
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#155MikDaTvPosted 11/12/2012 9:28:46 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
RichGamebuddy posted...
shadeaux posted...
Most ME guns fire projectiles (and all human made ones if I am not mistaken), which can be modified to have other effects (incendiary rounds, poison, cryo, etc). Otherwise they are the same as any of the guns MC gets access to, so it's going to come down to the skill of the user when using the human weapons from respective franchises. If anyone here thinks Shephard is a better gun user than MC they have some psychiatric evaluations they probably missed on by posting.

That simply isn't true. Guns in Halo are literally using ammunition developed in the mid-20th century. In Mass Effect they use shards that maximize pressure and aerodynamics. They're accelerated to nearly the speed of light. Halo guns simply can't do that.

I remember reading about ME guns in a codec and it said they could accelerate projectiles to the point where they could hit with the force of a nuke, HOWEVER, the recoil was of equal force and, as such, it would kill the user. Using this info you can deduce that the ME projectiles are hitting with no more force than the weapons used in Halo since the recoil is entirely managable in ME...

Ah, finally. Was wondering when someone would bring this up.

The problem is that ME field literally change the mass of things inside them. Also the fact that ME weapons do not fire bullets but small, dense, slivers of metal. Their weapons also have recoil dampening systems.
---
#156no1oblivionfanPosted 11/12/2012 9:30:13 AM
Overload-->Warp-->Throw

Bye bye MC.
---
Steam: An_Orang3e
#157MikDaTvPosted 11/12/2012 9:30:48 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
MikDaTv posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
RichGamebuddy posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...

so did you just skip the post about ME shields being vulnerable to energy based weapons, as stated in a codec?

Did you just skip the part when I explained to you why kinetic barriers would work just fine against covenant plasma weapons?
---
#158Hanzogamer1Posted 11/12/2012 9:32:19 AM
Shepard ducks behind cover and turns on Disruptor Ammo!

Master Chief charges in, guns blazing!

Shepard lines up the shot from behind cover, sticks his head up and starts firing back. Bullets are flying everywhere! Oh noes! (We all know how hard it is to shoot in Halo while being shot. It can get difficult on some occasions.)

Shepard's disruptor ammo rips through MC's shielding.

At this point, Chief is close enough for a melee!

Shepard jumps over the cover, switches to Incendiary Ammo, and jumps over the cover!

Master chief jumps over the cover as well, trying for tha melee, while shooting.

Both opponents' shields are down!
Shepard uses Omni-Gel and ducks behind another thing of cover, pokes his head out, BLAM! Shotgunn'd in the face.

Master Chief is down!
---
Shepard. Wrex. Shepard.
#159ssj3bladePosted 11/12/2012 9:33:35 AM
Unless there was no weapons or technology allowed in this battle, Shepard would win 100% of the time. It doesn't matter how fast Chief's reflexes are when he's being ripped apart at the atomic level, or is being thrown off a cliff, or has been shot through the face by a weapon that fires projectiles are near the speed of light... it wouldn't matter one bit. Granted MC would put up more of a fight than Snake (who would quite possibly be dead from stray shrapnel within the first few seconds), he would need amazing luck to even compete with the basic run-of-the-mill Soldier Shepard.

Now, if no tech, biotics, or weapons were involved.. only the human being; their intellect, ability, and luck, only then would it be a fair fight, and only then would Snake not die in 2 seconds.

So much WTF ITP and ITT. It's obvious no one knows the lore behind either character.

The small arms in ME deal the same Kinetic Energy as the guns in Halo, they just fire smaller faster projectiles. And it's nowhere near the speed of light, only the Dreadnoughts are ever mentioned as firing their 3 ton shells at around 1% the speed of light. The Super MACS in Halo fire 3,000 ton shells at around 40% c. So Chief's armour will easily be enough to defend himself. And if he's equipped with a plasma weapon, say goodbye Shep as ME shields are notoriously bad at stopping slow moving projectiles.

Biotics are shown to fail against shielded characters. Throw, Warp etc are all able to be dodged by basic AI units, and any small amount of cover blocks other biotics. Chief is easily able to utilise cover to dodge and prevent biotics from affecting him.

Chief is more similar to a Geth Prime than to a foot soldier, and knockdown attacks don't work on Primes. This is assuming Shepard is a biotic anyway, as canon Shep is a basic soldier.

And I love how you say Chief will need luck to beat Shep, it's not as if his WHOLE CHARACTER is about him being lucky.

GG tho, maybe next time Shep.
---
http://i.imgur.com/CqnIz.png
~ ssj3blade
|| Gamertag = finalfantastica
#160ssj3bladePosted 11/12/2012 9:39:14 AM
They don't make regular soldiers specters.

LOL Ashley says hi. You obviously know nothing.
---
http://i.imgur.com/CqnIz.png
~ ssj3blade
|| Gamertag = finalfantastica