Who would win between..

#161cjjohnstonPosted 11/12/2012 10:44:44 AM
Seems like everyone is forgetting about Snakes cardboard box skills. Sneak sneak sneak let the other two talk for 10 min then fight it out sneak sneak sneak surprise stealth kill the remaining one.
#162Sniper_BrosefPosted 11/12/2012 10:49:11 AM
MikDaTv posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
MikDaTv posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
RichGamebuddy posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...

Your entire argument falls apart given the fact that Halo guns are nothing compared to Mass Effect guns. None of this "reaction time, speed, blah blah blah" b******* matters when Shepard simply has more firepower. Like I said, an average person with an assault rifle will outgun the world's best archer, from sheer firepower. That's Shepard's advantage. That is the only advantage needed.

Of course it matters!!! What are you even talking about?!? 10-20 ms of reaction time is essentially instant and can be used to close the distance on Shepard in a matter of seconds...NTM you seem to have skipped over this entirely:ME codex eplicitely states that ME shields and barriers simply do not work against DEWs (directed energy weapons) like lasers or beams etc. That's directly from ME cannon.

which means a plasma pistol or rifle would do the trick just fine....if he cant have covie weapons then a spartan laser works too...NTM youre grossly overvaluing the weapons shepard has and undervaluing the ones John has...

Kinetic barriers would work just fine against plasma weapons. Plasma is a physical substance and its mass can be effected by mass effect fields like any other physical substance.

so did you just skip the post about ME shields being vulnerable to energy based weapons, as stated in a codec?

Did you just skip the part when I explained to you why kinetic barriers would work just fine against covenant plasma weapons?

nope, i see what youre saying now...but beam rifle and spartan laser would still cut through like butter...NTM the plasma and standard firearms would still do lots of damage
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#163Sniper_BrosefPosted 11/12/2012 10:51:28 AM
MikDaTv posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
RichGamebuddy posted...
shadeaux posted...
Most ME guns fire projectiles (and all human made ones if I am not mistaken), which can be modified to have other effects (incendiary rounds, poison, cryo, etc). Otherwise they are the same as any of the guns MC gets access to, so it's going to come down to the skill of the user when using the human weapons from respective franchises. If anyone here thinks Shephard is a better gun user than MC they have some psychiatric evaluations they probably missed on by posting.

That simply isn't true. Guns in Halo are literally using ammunition developed in the mid-20th century. In Mass Effect they use shards that maximize pressure and aerodynamics. They're accelerated to nearly the speed of light. Halo guns simply can't do that.

I remember reading about ME guns in a codec and it said they could accelerate projectiles to the point where they could hit with the force of a nuke, HOWEVER, the recoil was of equal force and, as such, it would kill the user. Using this info you can deduce that the ME projectiles are hitting with no more force than the weapons used in Halo since the recoil is entirely managable in ME...

Ah, finally. Was wondering when someone would bring this up.

The problem is that ME field literally change the mass of things inside them. Also the fact that ME weapons do not fire bullets but small, dense, slivers of metal. Their weapons also have recoil dampening systems.

true, but the only game that showed how much damage those ME weapons could do was the first game and, correct me if im wrong, the most kinetic damage they did was tungsten rounds V with about 1000 newtons of force? Not even close to enough energy to move the Chief...and the weapons in ME were since downgraded severely...so i guess it depends on what version of the weapons were talking about here...
---
#164Sniper_BrosefPosted 11/12/2012 10:56:27 AM
Hanzogamer1 posted...
Shepard ducks behind cover and turns on Disruptor Ammo!

Master Chief charges in, guns blazing!

Shepard lines up the shot from behind cover, sticks his head up and starts firing back. Bullets are flying everywhere! Oh noes! (We all know how hard it is to shoot in Halo while being shot. It can get difficult on some occasions.)

Shepard's disruptor ammo rips through MC's shielding.

At this point, Chief is close enough for a melee!

Shepard jumps over the cover, switches to Incendiary Ammo, and jumps over the cover!

Master chief jumps over the cover as well, trying for tha melee, while shooting.

Both opponents' shields are down!
Shepard uses Omni-Gel and ducks behind another thing of cover, pokes his head out, BLAM! Shotgunn'd in the face.

Master Chief is down!

dumbest scenario ever! So the Master Chief is nothing more than a mindless savage in your eyes? Do you really think he would just charge in with no regard to tactics?
---
#165Mc1ovnPosted 11/12/2012 10:58:12 AM
jpraelster posted...
bessy67 posted...
Shepard, no question. Biotics would tear MC a new one.

---
GT-Mc1ovn
#166Sniper_BrosefPosted 11/12/2012 10:59:03 AM
ssj3blade posted...
Unless there was no weapons or technology allowed in this battle, Shepard would win 100% of the time. It doesn't matter how fast Chief's reflexes are when he's being ripped apart at the atomic level, or is being thrown off a cliff, or has been shot through the face by a weapon that fires projectiles are near the speed of light... it wouldn't matter one bit. Granted MC would put up more of a fight than Snake (who would quite possibly be dead from stray shrapnel within the first few seconds), he would need amazing luck to even compete with the basic run-of-the-mill Soldier Shepard.

Now, if no tech, biotics, or weapons were involved.. only the human being; their intellect, ability, and luck, only then would it be a fair fight, and only then would Snake not die in 2 seconds.

So much WTF ITP and ITT. It's obvious no one knows the lore behind either character.

The small arms in ME deal the same Kinetic Energy as the guns in Halo, they just fire smaller faster projectiles. And it's nowhere near the speed of light, only the Dreadnoughts are ever mentioned as firing their 3 ton shells at around 1% the speed of light. The Super MACS in Halo fire 3,000 ton shells at around 40% c. So Chief's armour will easily be enough to defend himself. And if he's equipped with a plasma weapon, say goodbye Shep as ME shields are notoriously bad at stopping slow moving projectiles.

Biotics are shown to fail against shielded characters. Throw, Warp etc are all able to be dodged by basic AI units, and any small amount of cover blocks other biotics. Chief is easily able to utilise cover to dodge and prevent biotics from affecting him.

Chief is more similar to a Geth Prime than to a foot soldier, and knockdown attacks don't work on Primes. This is assuming Shepard is a biotic anyway, as canon Shep is a basic soldier.

And I love how you say Chief will need luck to beat Shep, it's not as if his WHOLE CHARACTER is about him being lucky.

GG tho, maybe next time Shep.

Ive stated all of this throughout this topic, yet i know nothing of the lore of each verse??? While i agree with what you said, you come off as pompous...
---
#167Urdnot_RuntPosted 11/12/2012 11:00:39 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Urdnot_Runt posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Urdnot_Runt posted...
Everyone who didn't choose Shepard is wrong.

Shep can disable either of them from a distance by barely doing more than looking at them and finish them off without even firing a shot, using only powers.

Shepard would be considered to have have God-powers in either of the other two's respective universes. Both of them together wouldn't even be able to touch Shepard. They just can't touch Shepard's powers, there is no argument here.

Shepard's powers arent that good...your bias is showing, and im not talking about just your username....

Shepard's powers aren't that good? Seriously?

Without sounding like I'm getting TOO serious...

Sentinel Shep can strip chief's shields and stun him with the same power(overload) as fast as he can think it from up close or afar without even raising his weapon. How he delivers the final blow is up to shep. Hit him with throw and get a tech burst while also sending the chief flying, maybe just go for the headshot instead. And sentinel shep has tech armor which gives him damage reduction if the chief does manage to get off a shot.

There are a ton of ways the different shep classes could make the chief explode by barely doing more than thinking it. Sending guys with power armor and shields flying is a matter of course for shepard.

Besides, shep still has a reinforced skeleton, enhanced nervous system and muscles, power armor that gives him incredible strength on top of his already superhuman strength and a shield just like the chief.

So I don't think it's MY bias that's showing. I mean feel free to explain what chief would do to counter shep's ability to strip his shields and stun him in an instant almost by thinking it...

Shepards STRONGEST power with force capabilities does what? 1300 newtons of force?!? You would need, most likely, three times that just to move the Chief, so that rules out throw, lift, push, etc....leaving only warp, reave and DC....and NONE of those go through cover, so unless were in some corn field where chief has no cover, his abilities and tactics would render anything shepard can do useless....

As to your other point about Shep having superhuman strength and a shield?!? LOL! Sheps strength is no more than a normal human can attain, while Chief, on the other hand, KILLED the most BA soldiers in his day with a couple punches! Honestly Chief would beat a Krogan in hand to hand WITHOUT his suit, let alone what he could do with it...

Finally, about stunning and stripping his shields instantly....I assume youre talking about overload right? The tech power??? The one Cortana would deny 11 times out of 10???

John is beyond the perfect human, hes on par with superheroes! Shepard is just your run of the mill soldier, a good one, but a soldier nonetheless...Hes not even the 2nd best biotic on his own ship!

Nope. Shepard has the same biological enhancements as the chief. Reinforced skeleton and muscles, enhanced nervous system not to mention the implants. And Shep's reactions are quicker than even the chief's, shep can basically stop time.

And cortana wouldn't stop overload or energy drain anymore than she stops anything else from hitting him, quit trying to give him plot armor.
#168bearded_moosePosted 11/12/2012 11:00:42 AM
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS BOARD?!?!

we all know that Solid Snake would hear the walking tank that is Master Chief coming, and hide in a cardboard box until chief walked by, and then BLAM!!! cqc'd like any other soldier.
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
Wookie_Is_Back is my new favorite.11/9/12
#169Bondo_6464Posted 11/12/2012 11:03:53 AM
Goku
---
Crom...
#170Sniper_BrosefPosted 11/12/2012 11:04:04 AM
Urdnot_Runt posted
Nope. Shepard has the same biological enhancements as the chief. Reinforced skeleton and muscles, enhanced nervous system not to mention the implants. And Shep's reactions are quicker than even the chief's, shep can basically stop time.

And cortana wouldn't stop overload or energy drain anymore than she stops anything else from hitting him, quit trying to give him plot armor.

LOL, ok you know nothing of the Chief and his enhancements if you think Shepard has a better reaction time than the Chief....seriously, just stop....Shepard needs an adrenaline boost just to slow time, Chief is quoted as saying that time slowed down after his enhancements because of how fast his reaction time became....and this is constant for the chief, not some drug induced, timed, boost...
---