Who would win between..

#171M4T7Posted 11/12/2012 11:57:44 AM
ssj3blade posted...
Unless there was no weapons or technology allowed in this battle, Shepard would win 100% of the time. It doesn't matter how fast Chief's reflexes are when he's being ripped apart at the atomic level, or is being thrown off a cliff, or has been shot through the face by a weapon that fires projectiles are near the speed of light... it wouldn't matter one bit. Granted MC would put up more of a fight than Snake (who would quite possibly be dead from stray shrapnel within the first few seconds), he would need amazing luck to even compete with the basic run-of-the-mill Soldier Shepard.

Now, if no tech, biotics, or weapons were involved.. only the human being; their intellect, ability, and luck, only then would it be a fair fight, and only then would Snake not die in 2 seconds.

So much WTF ITP and ITT. It's obvious no one knows the lore behind either character.

The small arms in ME deal the same Kinetic Energy as the guns in Halo, they just fire smaller faster projectiles. And it's nowhere near the speed of light, only the Dreadnoughts are ever mentioned as firing their 3 ton shells at around 1% the speed of light. The Super MACS in Halo fire 3,000 ton shells at around 40% c. So Chief's armour will easily be enough to defend himself. And if he's equipped with a plasma weapon, say goodbye Shep as ME shields are notoriously bad at stopping slow moving projectiles.

Biotics are shown to fail against shielded characters. Throw, Warp etc are all able to be dodged by basic AI units, and any small amount of cover blocks other biotics. Chief is easily able to utilise cover to dodge and prevent biotics from affecting him.

Chief is more similar to a Geth Prime than to a foot soldier, and knockdown attacks don't work on Primes. This is assuming Shepard is a biotic anyway, as canon Shep is a basic soldier.

And I love how you say Chief will need luck to beat Shep, it's not as if his WHOLE CHARACTER is about him being lucky.

GG tho, maybe next time Shep.

Good argument, no need to be condescending though.

What would you say a battle with a Sentinel Shepard would be like? My sentinel Shepard (And my various sentinels in multiplayer) were always easily the strongest and most resilient of any of the classes, and they always made short work of Geth Primes. In most ways, sent. Shep and MC could be comparable... but I will continue to put my money on ME technology, regardless of it's weakness to slower moving projectiles.
---
Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.
-Murphy's Law
#172VoltarPosted 11/12/2012 12:02:58 PM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Urdnot_Runt posted
Nope. Shepard has the same biological enhancements as the chief. Reinforced skeleton and muscles, enhanced nervous system not to mention the implants. And Shep's reactions are quicker than even the chief's, shep can basically stop time.

And cortana wouldn't stop overload or energy drain anymore than she stops anything else from hitting him, quit trying to give him plot armor.

LOL, ok you know nothing of the Chief and his enhancements if you think Shepard has a better reaction time than the Chief....seriously, just stop....Shepard needs an adrenaline boost just to slow time, Chief is quoted as saying that time slowed down after his enhancements because of how fast his reaction time became....and this is constant for the chief, not some drug induced, timed, boost...

And yet that adrenalin boost is massively better while it lasts, which is anywhere from 3/5's of the time in ME2 or in ME3's case nearly always depending on Shep's loadout.

Let's take default Soldier Shep for this comparison. Strip away all weapons and all armor and shields (armor/shields in both franchises vary in power ginormously between their lore and in game performance, to the point that it's nearly pointless to take them into account) and then compare the two.

Well, they are both genetically enhanced and cybernetically augmented super soldiers. MC was most probably physically superior genetically before such augmentations, and since he was a child when the augmentations started he most likely has more extensive and impressive modifications. As far as cybernetics go, I have to give this one to Shep. At their basic level they are equal in this department, but Shep gets massive upgrades in cybernetic implants over ME2.

In those two categories they kind of even out. However after that is when MC starts to pull ahead. MaleShep is maybe 6' - 6'2" Probably 200-220lbs. MC is 6'10" and 290lbs. Also, MC has around 20 years of combat experience on Shepard.

TL:DR:: Shepard is kind of like MC if he were a Spartan IV and 20 years greener at ground combat.
---
It's not drugs. It's science and economics!
#173HellsControllerPosted 11/12/2012 12:06:28 PM
Urdnot_Runt posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Urdnot_Runt posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Urdnot_Runt posted...
Everyone who didn't choose Shepard is wrong.

Shep can disable either of them from a distance by barely doing more than looking at them and finish them off without even firing a shot, using only powers.

Shepard would be considered to have have God-powers in either of the other two's respective universes. Both of them together wouldn't even be able to touch Shepard. They just can't touch Shepard's powers, there is no argument here.

Shepard's powers arent that good...your bias is showing, and im not talking about just your username....

Shepard's powers aren't that good? Seriously?

Without sounding like I'm getting TOO serious...

Sentinel Shep can strip chief's shields and stun him with the same power(overload) as fast as he can think it from up close or afar without even raising his weapon. How he delivers the final blow is up to shep. Hit him with throw and get a tech burst while also sending the chief flying, maybe just go for the headshot instead. And sentinel shep has tech armor which gives him damage reduction if the chief does manage to get off a shot.

There are a ton of ways the different shep classes could make the chief explode by barely doing more than thinking it. Sending guys with power armor and shields flying is a matter of course for shepard.

Besides, shep still has a reinforced skeleton, enhanced nervous system and muscles, power armor that gives him incredible strength on top of his already superhuman strength and a shield just like the chief.

So I don't think it's MY bias that's showing. I mean feel free to explain what chief would do to counter shep's ability to strip his shields and stun him in an instant almost by thinking it...

Shepards STRONGEST power with force capabilities does what? 1300 newtons of force?!? You would need, most likely, three times that just to move the Chief, so that rules out throw, lift, push, etc....leaving only warp, reave and DC....and NONE of those go through cover, so unless were in some corn field where chief has no cover, his abilities and tactics would render anything shepard can do useless....

As to your other point about Shep having superhuman strength and a shield?!? LOL! Sheps strength is no more than a normal human can attain, while Chief, on the other hand, KILLED the most BA soldiers in his day with a couple punches! Honestly Chief would beat a Krogan in hand to hand WITHOUT his suit, let alone what he could do with it...

Finally, about stunning and stripping his shields instantly....I assume youre talking about overload right? The tech power??? The one Cortana would deny 11 times out of 10???

John is beyond the perfect human, hes on par with superheroes! Shepard is just your run of the mill soldier, a good one, but a soldier nonetheless...Hes not even the 2nd best biotic on his own ship!

Nope. Shepard has the same biological enhancements as the chief. Reinforced skeleton and muscles, enhanced nervous system not to mention the implants. And Shep's reactions are quicker than even the chief's, shep can basically stop time.

And cortana wouldn't stop overload or energy drain anymore than she stops anything else from hitting him, quit trying to give him plot armor.

http://www.fatwallet.com/static/attachments/83686_bender_laugh_moar.jpg
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.
#174wha7levenPosted 11/12/2012 12:18:22 PM
Voltar posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Urdnot_Runt posted

LOL, ok you know nothing of the Chief and his enhancements if you think Shepard has a better reaction time than the Chief....seriously, just stop....Shepard needs an adrenaline boost just to slow time, Chief is quoted as saying that time slowed down after his enhancements because of how fast his reaction time became....and this is constant for the chief, not some drug induced, timed, boost...

And yet that adrenalin boost is massively better while it lasts, which is anywhere from 3/5's of the time in ME2 or in ME3's case nearly always depending on Shep's loadout.

Let's take default Soldier Shep for this comparison. Strip away all weapons and all armor and shields (armor/shields in both franchises vary in power ginormously between their lore and in game performance, to the point that it's nearly pointless to take them into account) and then compare the two.

Well, they are both genetically enhanced and cybernetically augmented super soldiers. MC was most probably physically superior genetically before such augmentations, and since he was a child when the augmentations started he most likely has more extensive and impressive modifications. As far as cybernetics go, I have to give this one to Shep. At their basic level they are equal in this department, but Shep gets massive upgrades in cybernetic implants over ME2.

In those two categories they kind of even out. However after that is when MC starts to pull ahead. MaleShep is maybe 6' - 6'2" Probably 200-220lbs. MC is 6'10" and 290lbs. Also, MC has around 20 years of combat experience on Shepard.

TL:DR:: Shepard is kind of like MC if he were a Spartan IV and 20 years greener at ground combat.

I know this has nothing to do with your argument, but I would just like to say, a 40k Space Marine would destroy MC and Shepard, as a Space Marine is 7'6" and weighs 780 pounds without any armor on. They also have 2 hearts, never have to sleep, they can also gain the memory of other things, such as they can eat a dead creature, and see what happened to it before it died, they have 3 lungs, eyesight greater than any human and can see perfectly in no light, they cannot get dizzy and nausea, their skin can fully resist heat and radiation, they have a sense of smell comparable to a tracking dog, their saliva is acid, so essentially they can spit armor melting acid.
---
GT: That Frogman
#175cdog21Posted 11/12/2012 12:19:15 PM
MikDaTv posted...
Kinetic barriers would work just fine against plasma weapons. Plasma is a physical substance and its mass can be effected by mass effect fields like any other physical substance.

You do realize that when matter is in the plasma state it's temperature is incredibly high. Even what scientists call "cold" plasma is still typically several thousand degrees Celsius.

Kinetic barriers don't stop heat. Shepard would die just as easily against Covenant weaponry as UNSC grunts do.
---
Frylock you're like the A bomb. When you show up everybody dies - Master Shake ATHF
#176Linctagon7Posted 11/12/2012 12:25:18 PM
In any versus topic that has any right to be taken seriously it always has to come down to feats.

All the ifs and buts and could have beens mean nothing. Feats decide the winner. So let's list some feats.

I will list some for MC:

1. Ran at a max speed of 65mph.
2. Dodged automatic gunfire through 15 millisecond reaction times. (As fast as 5ms with Cortana)
3. Took numerous shots from heavy artillery directly and tanked it.
4. Has shown the ability to throw 4-6 ton vehicles.
5. As a child killed ODST soldiers in unarmed combat and destroyed mechanised training exo-skeletons that have 4 ton strength ratings.
6. Survived getting shot with a Fuel Rod Cannon which gives off massive radiation untop of explosive and concussive damage.
7. Deflected a cruise missile with his bare hands.
8. Survived atmospheric re-entry twice.
9. With the help of Cortana survived a gigaton yield nuke point blank.

Now let's get some CANON feats for Shepard. Not in-game. Cutscene, book and canon feats.
#177cdog21Posted 11/12/2012 1:00:12 PM
Voltar posted...

SPARTAN-II Program:
Virtually unbreakable bones, capable of lifting three times their body weight which is double the weight of an average human, capable of running at speeds exceeding 55 km/h or 34.2 mph, and possess enhanced eyesight being able to virtually see in the dark.

Alliance Soldiers:
The only thing I could find on the wiki is that all soldiers get gene therapy that improve strength and stamina.

The only thing stated in the wiki as to the outcome of Project Lazarus is that it involved attaching cybernetic implants to reconstruct the Commander's skeleton, reconstruction of the skin, and fluids to restart the blood flow and internal organs.

Nothing in the Mass Effect universe has been revealed to be capable of inducing the same kinds of abilities as the SPARTAN-II Program.
---
Frylock you're like the A bomb. When you show up everybody dies - Master Shake ATHF
#178VoltarPosted 11/12/2012 1:33:04 PM
cdog21 posted...
Voltar posted...

SPARTAN-II Program:
Virtually unbreakable bones, capable of lifting three times their body weight which is double the weight of an average human, capable of running at speeds exceeding 55 km/h or 34.2 mph, and possess enhanced eyesight being able to virtually see in the dark.

Alliance Soldiers:
The only thing I could find on the wiki is that all soldiers get gene therapy that improve strength and stamina.

The only thing stated in the wiki as to the outcome of Project Lazarus is that it involved attaching cybernetic implants to reconstruct the Commander's skeleton, reconstruction of the skin, and fluids to restart the blood flow and internal organs.

Nothing in the Mass Effect universe has been revealed to be capable of inducing the same kinds of abilities as the SPARTAN-II Program.

You can upgrade Shepard's Bone, Muscle, and Skin weave throughout the game which raises damage reduction, melee damage, and total health.
---
#179Hanzogamer1Posted 11/12/2012 1:38:28 PM
Sniper Brosef, tell me, what tactic would he use? Would he try to unpredictably strafe left and right to dodge bullets?

IMO, Shepard has the edge because of Action Roll.

MC with Evade vs Shepard with Action Roll.

What no one has actually said on this board is that this would be a VERY close fight.
---
Shepard. Wrex. Shepard.
#180VoltarPosted 11/12/2012 2:22:02 PM(edited)
Hanzogamer1 posted...
Sniper Brosef, tell me, what tactic would he use? Would he try to unpredictably strafe left and right to dodge bullets?

IMO, Shepard has the edge because of Action Roll.

MC with Evade vs Shepard with Action Roll.

What no one has actually said on this board is that this would be a VERY close fight.

That's because they're taking MC's Jesus-like feats from non-game Canon sources (that a lot of the time contradicts in game abilities) into account.

Also, the genetic enhancements alliance soldiers receive include strength, stamina, blood clotting speed, improved eyesight, adrenal gland response, and reaction times (Not nearly as impressive gains as the Spartan gene therapy as that level of enhancement would be some parts boarder line and other parts totally illegal). All of which can be further enhanced by cybernetic enhancements(which Shep has).
---