Who would win between..

#181Xfma100Posted 11/12/2012 3:48:06 PM
Linctagon7 posted...
There are 3 types of people posting in this thread.

1. People who have not read Halo novels, and thus have no idea what Spartans are canononically capable of doing and say MC would lose out of ignorance or based on what is shown in game.

2. People who have read the Halo novels and know that MC would be almost unsctahed by ME small arms fire and would run up to Shepard at 65mph dodging his aim (thus his bullets) with his 10ms reaction time only to grab his head and snap his neck.

3. People who have read the Halo novels and still believe Shepard would win. Those same people who are most likely typing from a padded room in a mental asylum.

Also, since we want to pull everything out of our asses to give our character the advantage...

Master Chief without Cortana Magic tanks atmosphereic re-entry. Master Chief with Cortana Magic tanks a gigaton nuke. What now?

Because we all know novel canon takes priority over game canon.
Oh wait...

*Halo 4 spoilers*
If the Didact wanted to, he could have killed Chief during that one scene.
The only reason Didact didn't kill Chief is because of plot armor. (He is the main character and there are still two more games in this trilogy.)

<_<
#182LordBowserPosted 11/12/2012 3:51:54 PM
Solid Snake seems kind of random... but Commander Shepard and Master Chief is an interesting match up.

Solid Snake has only basic modern weapons, Master Chief and Shepard have advanced weapons, though Shepard is likely somewhat moreso.

Ultimately, I'd say Shepard would win, and I am assuming neither has heavy weapons such as cains or spartan lasers, and no vehicles either.

As for who I'd want to win, I don't know. I can't say I feel especially attached to either franchise. I don't think I'd care...
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#183Sociopathix(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 3:57:51 PM
Just to note: this is game Shepard and game MC. No novels.
---
Currently playing: Me3, NHL13
GT: Sociopathix msg first if your gonna add please
#184shadeauxPosted 11/12/2012 4:35:30 PM
Sociopathix posted...

Granted. It still comes down to the technology available to each, and Halo technology trumps ME tech. Precursors and Forerunners would sweep the floor with the Reapers, and Reapers are the most technologically advanced entities in ME.

So even allowing for Shep to have obtained reaper-tech guns (which, as far as I recall, he never does), the forerunner technology MC has access to beats it hands down. So MC has better physique and better weapons... why is this debate still going?
---
Even a blind monkey finds an acorn
#185Sniper_BrosefPosted 11/12/2012 8:10:42 PM
Sociopathix posted...

What do you mean no novels?!? how does that even make sense to you??? Its all connected! Thats like saying were going to debate politics, but NO FACTS!!!
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#186cmdrdreddPosted 11/12/2012 8:13:24 PM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Sociopathix posted...

What do you mean no novels?!? how does that even make sense to you??? Its all connected! Thats like saying were going to debate politics, but NO FACTS!!!

LOL...you act as if any political debate involves any facts at all.
---
"Do not be to eager to deal out death and judgment, for even the very wise cannot see all ends." -Gandalf
#187Sniper_BrosefPosted 11/12/2012 8:14:15 PM
cmdrdredd posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Sociopathix posted...

When Ron Paul is involved there are...
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#188cmdrdreddPosted 11/12/2012 8:15:34 PM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
cmdrdredd posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Sociopathix posted...

When Ron Paul is involved there are...

Touche good sir!
---
"Do not be to eager to deal out death and judgment, for even the very wise cannot see all ends." -Gandalf
#189RedArchangel20Posted 11/12/2012 8:36:48 PM
You posted this in the Halo 4 forum and expected unbiased responses, huh?
---
Most beautiful woman in the world: http://i.imgur.com/J7GpU.jpg
Kiss the rings. http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyzpf1y3cy1qf6y79.gif
#190wha7levenPosted 11/12/2012 8:39:09 PM
Goshdarnit you guys, I thought this topic was done with.

Just admit that 40k Space Marines would utterly destroy both.
---
GT: That Frogman