Who would win between..

#71Sniper_BrosefPosted 11/11/2012 8:36:18 PM
Sociopathix posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
RichGamebuddy posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
M4T7 posted...
Mass Effect universe is vastly superior to that of Halo's (and especially Metal Gear's, which is essentially modern day), which would put Shepard at a significant advantage... not to mention the whole Mass Effect fields thing which gives the inhabitants of the ME universe the ability to control objects, gravity, and time itself.

Unless there was no weapons or technology allowed in this battle, Shepard would win 100% of the time. It doesn't matter how fast Chief's reflexes are when he's being ripped apart at the atomic level, or is being thrown off a cliff, or has been shot through the face by a weapon that fires projectiles are near the speed of light... it wouldn't matter one bit. Granted MC would put up more of a fight than Snake (who would quite possibly be dead from stray shrapnel within the first few seconds), he would need amazing luck to even compete with the basic run-of-the-mill Soldier Shepard.

Now, if no tech, biotics, or weapons were involved.. only the human being; their intellect, ability, and luck, only then would it be a fair fight, and only then would Snake not die in 2 seconds.

LMAO!!! A small covenant fleet, or UNSC for that matter, would destroy the reapers!!! This discussion has been done to death though... also shields in ME would protect against biotic attacks....so assuming Shepard throws one Chief would be fine for a bit as his shields slowly drained....DURING this time, and sheps recharge time, chief would close distance and destroy, or retreat and snipe the crud out of shep....like i said, there is no chance! Chief wins hands down

Ship battles are one thing (and ship battles between ME and Halo are highly debatable). Ground battles are another thing, and ME technology on ground is simply much more advanced.

Keep in mind that Halo shields aren't anywhere near the power that ME shields are. And Shepard can dark channel+reave, leaving Chief completely helpless.

And Chief can't "retreat and snipe the crud out of shep" because his sniper rifle is nothing compared to Shepard's sniper rifles.

Ok, first of all weve done the math before, in another topic mind you and no i didnt save it, and the covenant and human ship based weapons DESTROY what ME had available. and this is ALL according to the codecs and backstory of each game....

Second, this Dark channel + Reave crap is all assuming MC does NOTHING while being attacked...by the time DC hits him chief would close the distance between them, because Sheps power would need time to recharge and they would have to be relatively close for shep to use DC in the first place, and he would destroy him close with an AR or his mitts! Ive heard, not read, that Cheif ran half a kilo in 32 seconds flat...so 100 ft, generally the distance for DC, would be done before Sheps power recharges....

Dark channel and reave and instantaneous derp

DERP?!? Did you play mass effect?!? You cant fire Dark Channel and then instantly fire reave....there is a cooldown that you have to wait for....
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#72BornAgainDanPosted 11/11/2012 8:44:17 PM
as much as i love halo, shepard would win this fight. he has all of the same weapons as chief, but he can us AI hacking on cortana and the mjolnir armor plus he can use biotics on chief. snake, even though he's the main character in my favorite series of all time is really outmatched here. maybe if he gets in rex, he can throw down with chief in a mantis. :)
---
PSN - Born_Again_Dan
XBL - BornAgainDan
#73CTBradumsPosted 11/11/2012 8:47:23 PM
Master Chief, for obvious reasons.

He and Snake are almost on-par in terms of training and genetic enhancement, but Chief has Mjolnir, superior weaponry, and his genetic modification was far more extreme. While Snake is made to be the best a human can be, Chief was made to be super-human. Also, Snake's most high-tech gadgets are like tinker toys to the Chief. I like Snake as a character, but he wouldn't stand a chance.

And aside from Shepherd's biotic abilities, he's just another space marine. A top-of-the-line space marine, but that's about it. He's not even close to Chief's level.
#74cdog21Posted 11/11/2012 8:50:47 PM
If we're talking default characters and weapons, Master Chief would pull a Hancock and stick Solid Snake's head up Shepard's ***.
---
Frylock you're like the A bomb. When you show up everybody dies - Master Shake ATHF
#75RichGamebuddyPosted 11/11/2012 8:51:44 PM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
DERP?!? Did you play mass effect?!? You cant fire Dark Channel and then instantly fire reave....there is a cooldown that you have to wait for....

And Shepard is smart enough to position himself in an area where he can use both powers.
Or he can be a soldier and simply outgun Chief.
Or he can be a vanguard and charge+nova him.
Or he can be an engineer or infiltrator and use his tech to kill him.
Or he can be a sentinel and use both tech and biotics to kill him.
---
The Official Alduin of the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Board
#76Sniper_BrosefPosted 11/11/2012 8:51:50 PM
CTBradums posted...
Master Chief, for obvious reasons.

He and Snake are almost on-par in terms of training and genetic enhancement, but Chief has Mjolnir, superior weaponry, and his genetic modification was far more extreme. While Snake is made to be the best a human can be, Chief was made to be super-human. Also, Snake's most high-tech gadgets are like tinker toys to the Chief. I like Snake as a character, but he wouldn't stand a chance.

And aside from Shepherd's biotic abilities, he's just another space marine. A top-of-the-line space marine, but that's about it. He's not even close to Chief's level.

LOL, Chief and Snake are not even close to "on par" in terms of training or genetic enhancement! Snake vs Chief would, literally, be like Morpheus vs Neo, after he became "the one"
---
#77Sniper_BrosefPosted 11/11/2012 8:55:18 PM
RichGamebuddy posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...

And Shepard is smart enough to position himself in an area where he can use both powers.
Or he can be a soldier and simply outgun Chief.
Or he can be a vanguard and charge+nova him.
Or he can be an engineer or infiltrator and use his tech to kill him.
Or he can be a sentinel and use both tech and biotics to kill him.

First of all, if hes positioned an an area where he can target chief with DC then Chief not only knows where hes at, but can close the distance between them in seconds and destroy him....honestly i dont even think chief would need a gun in this fight

LOL, he can outgun chief?!? Your bias is showing...

Charge AND nova?!? If he charged the chief, he would be grabbed instantly and crushed! with the chiefs reflexes he wouldnt even hit with the charge in the first place

You honestly think he could use tech against the Chief and Cortana....SERIOUSLY?!? lol

LOL, tech and biotics gives him zero advantage....
---
#78WaImartSecurityPosted 11/11/2012 8:57:14 PM
Arc Grenade (for shields) --> Stasis = Dead MC

Shephard still wins.

Also, Shephards modified body from the Lazarus Project easily puts him on level with MC.

Snake isn't even a contender.
---
The High Cost of Low Price.
#79cdog21Posted 11/11/2012 9:00:37 PM
WaImartSecurity posted...
Arc Grenade (for shields) --> Stasis = Dead MC

Shephard still wins.

Also, Shephards modified body from the Lazarus Project easily puts him on level with MC.

Snake isn't even a contender.

The Lazarus Project didn't Shepard anywhere near the level of enhancements that the Spartan II project put their subjects through.
---
Frylock you're like the A bomb. When you show up everybody dies - Master Shake ATHF
#80MikDaTvPosted 11/11/2012 9:02:39 PM
Considering that the most advanced and powerful weapons the unsc fields are ship based mass accelerator cannons which require a fairly large device to fire (for ships it's pretty much the entire length of the ships spine. For those turrets firing the mini rounds its the size of a bus and the gauss hog gun is no derringer either.) and that the ME universe uses these weapons in hand held small arms then I'd say the advantage goes to ME for infantry weapons.

This is especially true when you bring weapons like the arc gun or even more exotic weapons into it.

Shepard has recieved various genetic and chemical enhancements the same as every other alliance soldier and his armor is rated for the weapons he goes up against which are essentially other hand held MAC guns. The unsc use of standard firearms would be hard pressed to find its mark on shepards armor.

Shepard also pretty much decides the fate of entire species every other Tuesday, saved the galaxy three times, has a license to do what he wants for the interests of the council, has access to his own AI and the support of the entire alliance.

Besides, we all now how this fight would go. The two would approach one another. They would chat for a bit. Chief would say "thank you Shepard" and the kill himself.
---
BONESAW IS READY!!!!! to join the Downing 213 Gaming Clan
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Downing_213/index/